Katherine Jackson to Release MJ Book

6/19/2010 10:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's mother, Katherine Jackson, is preparing to release a coffee table book dedicated to her late son ... this according to a new report.

0619_katherine_michael_jackson_book_GETTY_REG3
According to Showbiz411.com, the book will be released next week and is called "Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives." The book will reportedly consist of photos on one page and Katherine's thoughts and memories on another ... and will be sold through a website, www.jacksonsecretvault.com.

The site also says Katherine gave an interview with former MJ confidante Marc Schaffel in an effort to promote the book -- a curious decision because Schaffel was heavily involved in Michael's life at one point, but the two had a huge falling out which resulted in several lawsuits.

As we first reported, Katherine plans on taking Michael's kids -- Prince, Paris, and Blanket -- to Michael's hometown of Gary, IN on the anniversary of his death.

Justine07

That family is unbelievable ... "devout Jehovah's Witness" my fanny - they worship no other than The Almighty Dollar! How many more ways will they come up with to squeeze a few more postmortem bucks out of their dead relative?

nita

Bill, Im sorry wrong name.

BarbieJean

Never Can Say Goodbye Book
Item number: MJBook
Price: $59.99
For a limited time receive a free ebook with your purchase! The untold story of Michael Jackson, by the woman who knew him best, Katherine Jackson narrates 150 pages of never-before-seen photos from her family's personal archives. "The world knew my son, but then again, they really didn't... this is my chance to share the stories that are near to my heart. For his fans, and his children."

60 bux for 150 pages. Please people, don't be stupid with your money. If you have 60 dollars to throw away on someone, go give it to a kid who needs shoes, or school supplies or something.

James

Another American freak. .who in he world would name a child 'blanket'? And as for skin colour. . is everyone but me blind? There's not one drop of black blood in those three kids, regardless of how light their father was or 'became'! DNA tests would set the record straight once and for all, but who cares?

brianpi

One last book?....I think not, but the Mom has a right to do this, at least!....just like Liberace, all these "insider" books, will mean nothing, if they do not give the real story....it would start like this "our son Michael was one of the best entertainers, and made so much money, that the executives just had to destroy his life to get it"...but this story, true as it is, comes with facts, that the family can't tell...and not hurt some of the sales!...go to my site...[nothing is for sale]..google..brian n. everett pi...and read a little of what must be in a book, if it is about Mr. Jackson's history...

John Stone

Of course she is.

StarryStarryNight

she's no better than the rest of the jacksons.

Cookie

This smells like M.O.N.E.Y.

JLS

Katherine can do whatever she wants. I trust her judgment and appreciate and respect her.

As for Poster #12, I'd use her to wipe my feet on. She's one toxic bitch.

Grump

Respects to Mrs. KJ, anyone here typing crap like, "Oh she will speak well of her son in it and sugar coat him' .... well WTF do expect? *It isn't Dina Lohan or Michael Lohan writing a book.

Don't buy the book plain and simple and besides half the complainers here don't like MJ.

Teresa

It doesn't mean Michael was wrong in the falling out they had, I agree there are two sides to every story but in any case any book that is on Michael where the person is not abusing his memory I say it is definitely worth buying. Michael Jackson was not only a great entertainer but a great person. We will never see a more compassionate loving person like him again. He was an angel on earth in so many aspects. Love you more Michael Jackson R.I.P!

Cathy

My prayers go out to Katherine. I agree she is no saint, but go ahead and raise your hand if you are one. Some of you guys sound like extremely judgmental bastards to tell you the truth. Unless you lived Katherine's life -- or Joe's or La Toya's or Michael's or Lisa Marie's etc., you can't know what they went through, and you certainly can't understand what they were thinking or why they did the things they did.

Rainbow

ES DIFÍCIL ACCEPTAR QUE MICHAEL NO ESTÁ MAS ENTRE NOSOTROS. NUNCA EXISTIRÁ OTRA PERSONA CON TANTO TALENTO Y HUMANIDAD COMO ÉL.
I LOVE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!!!!!!! R.I.P.

melliemel

This is great. A mother very rarely is able to write down her thoughts of her child, after losing them. Maybe it will bring her some solace. #8 Why would you not buy the book. If your saying that she is profiting from MJ's death, get a grip. How many parents after losing their child to sickness, or accidents write books about their experience. Open your mind. Just because she is one of the most famous mothers in the world, doesnt mean that she is not suffering like all other parents.

WHATEVER

Katherine, THANK YOU for being a such good grandmother. I think the idea to go visit Michael's home town is wonderful. His kids will probably really appreciate it, and I'm sure they appreciate the talks I know you must have together about Michael. Those kids are likely STILL in shock over his death. I hope they have received some sort of professional counseling too. Keep up the good work Katherine, you give them something that is real, sincere and down-home. It will keep the kids real, it will help their happiness and I am sure you are their ROCK. You are their safety. They must love you like crazy.
Take care of yourself too ,Katherine. Don't let Joe get on your nerves and don't let him interfere with your life.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments