Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

SashaPanda

That Part Made Me Almost Cry! ):
Im Not Sure About The Children Being Enrolled In School.
What If They Get Bullied Or Teased? Im Kinda Scared For Them.

NeverMind

"13. Oh I see this is going to be another long negative day..."

If you plan on spending the day on TMZ site - definitely! But whose fault is that?

Angela

Because of who they are, it's probably best that they rely on eachother. Only they can understand and feel eachother's pain. Not that I don't find friendship important, but it's just risky for such high profile people, because they never know if they have friends that will be there through thick and thin,or if they just have fair weather friends. For example, when they get out into the world amongst people they will probably be used just like their father was.

Karolina

Dear Paris,

Of course you are able to see Michael:) 7 pictures, very interesting interview Katherine :)

Mrs Katherine, God gave you so wonderful and amazing son Michael. Wow.
You are so lucky :* I love you Mrs Katherine, because you are His mother...

Michael, I will never stop saying " I love you so much, thank you for beeing on this planet, for your wonderful heart, and soul, and you body of course as well ;) You are just the best!!!

Huge love to You Michael from Poland :)

Come back soon :)

Karolina

nita

Katherine keep them close to home. we dont want to see them wearing scram bracelets, falling high on drugs, in public with no underwear or pictures of them coming in and out of court for stupid shi$.

mjfan212

awwwwwwwww r.i.p mickey

nita

I have a job, home, two cars, associates and a few friends. why?

dd

#14 I see it's yours but look ******* I don't answer to you, I post on subjects that interest me you dumb loser.

thomas

"private college" they hardly look old enough to be going to college.

Carl

As many problems as Michael had, I believe his kids were the most important thing in his life. But I think it is for the best that at least the second half of their childhood is without him. It is hard now, but they would be really messed up if he raised them to adulthood.

Gisela

I still dont understand why haters still lose their time typing to read Michael's related news.. if they hate him¡?
I really see who are the real freaks sorry (I had to say it)

dd

#17 take your own advice and Nevermind! I will spend the day as I choose to.

bliss

TMZ is installing spyware and trojans on computers. I get a "free" scan that takes over my browser when I read comments. This is a bad site.

dd

#24 I do know that a lot of colleges have departments for high school students, maybe they are talking about the older two. These programs except children that are advanced.

Mindy

Those children have been isolated most of their lives. They have lots of cousins, which has been wonderful. But hopefully, as they grow, they will have the opportunity to develop friendships outside of the family. Every child needs friends.
I do hope that outside of the home, poor Blanket goes by Michael.