Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

k

ok, he's been dead a year. Let's move on shall we? His kids are not news worthy. Let them grow up in peace.

kim

Ok, Tmz taking bits and pieces again from this article to fit their ugly needs. For you guys that want to read the whole article which is a very good one by the way, from katherine, please go to the following link:

rip mj

bliss

Madonna

Many of you are a prissy bunch. I'm tired of people saying MJ was a monster and child predator...anyone could deduce that all the people who tried to sue him was after his money.

On the children, there are many children across America who have home schooling, and who are very dramatic over a parents death. They aren't five years old and younger where they'll forget it and move on after a month or two. So as far as I know, they are normal in that aspect. Since they were his children, MJ couldn't give them as normal of a life as he would have liked to but normal to him might have just been not thrusting them into show business, spending all his time with them and spoiling them---which is what any normal parent would do. Sure Katherine is trying to be a good grandmother but she already seems to be keeping tally of the children's talents. If you people think it was wrong and abnormal to shield a child's eyes from flashing paparazzi cameras and think it would be more normal for those children to see paparazzi all day, you are mistaken. Those children have each other, so they will be fine at least until they are 15 and will want to start being "normal" or who knows maybe even "famous."

blackgirlwhiteguy

My guess is Ms.Jackson means the children are to be enrolled in a college "preparatory" school not college in September. She seems to be doing a wonderful job with the children under the cir***stances; raising children with the glare of public scrutiny cannot be easy nor is raising your grandchildren when you're in your late 70s. Bless her and the children. RIP Michael.

jesse

#25 <--thank you...lol .. i was reading the article and i was like college lol .aint those little suckas like 10 years old<--

shell517nj

What type of heading is this? When it comes to his children the media should be very careful with the words they choose. a better read "http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1288055/Michael-Jacksons-children-to-school-time.html?ito=feeds-newsxml. you will cry. Fans I suggest you search on every article on any given subject before you comment. remember mj's take on the media "tabloid junkie" "~they're a parasite in black and white~". peace.

Karolina

"36. Dear Worst Mother Ever"

I just can't belive it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Woter, give me woter

Karolina

Karolina

Water of course :)

Sorry ;) this person just shocked me and I did a mistake in spelling:D

Karolina

dd

#36 we can tell how your parents raised you by your sign in name.

melliemel

Mama Kate, Time will heal. You of all people will never get over it, but time will lift the burden from your heart. The children are beautiful because you are, and Michael was. He obviously got his kindness from you. You raised a beautiful son, the children had a beautiful father, and his siblings had a beautiful brother. Lets pray that people will see who Michael really was.

illusionist

Poor babies.... :(

Val

It's sad that they weren't socialized with other kids when they were small. I hope Katherine sends them to the right school in September where they will be able to learn and make friends with kids their own age who have the same interests.

sue

KATHERINE GOD BLESS YOU FOR BEING A GREAT GRANDMOTHER TO MJS 3, OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL!!!! sue from tampa

HumanNature

33. TMZ is installing spyware and trojans on computers. I get a "free" scan that takes over my browser when I read comments. This is a bad site.

Posted at 8:28 AM on Jun 20, 2010 by bliss

I have encounter the same problem!!!!