Katherine Jackson: Michael's Kids Have No Friends

6/20/2010 3:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0620_katherine_jackson_bookKatherine Jackson says Michael Jackson's kids are isolated and miss their father desperately ... this according to her first interview since MJ's death.

Katherine tells the Daily Mirror, "They don't have any friends. They don't go to school, they have private lessons at home -- but that will change in September, when they are due to enroll at private college."

According to the interview, the kids spend hours listening to their dad's music.

She says Paris has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her "Daddy" and that Prince and Blanket talk often about trying to make him proud.

Katherine says she wanted to decorate Paris' room with pictures of flowers or ballerinas -- but "Paris went into a closet and she brought out seven or eight pictures of Michael, and she told me, 'No, I want daddy hanging in my room'. So she goes to bed looking at him and wakes up looking at him. She said, 'I always want to be able to see him.'"

Michael's mom goes on to say Paris is the most musically-inclined of the three and that Prince wants to produce movies.

This new interview comes days before the anniversary of Michael's death ... and in conjunction with a new book Katherine is selling (pictured above) containing pictures and Katherine's memories of Michael.

She says, "Michael was so misunderstood ... I treasure my memories of him and wanted to share them with his fans in my book. I remember when he brought gifts for me -- a watch, a necklace and a ring. I'll never forget how he smiled when I opened each one. He was so generous. I want the world to know that real Michael Jackson -- a loving person."

a total fan

This is going to be the first Father's Day without their father. I hope that they are doing well and will continue to do well during some difficult times in the future. The children celebrated the holidays with Michael. Holloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years Easter...so many moments to come without their father. Thank goodness they will have their loving grandmother there for them.

a total fan

Will order my copy of the only book out there that will definity give us an insight into Michaels life thru the eyes of the one person that loved him unconditionally."Never Can Say Goodbye: The Katherine Jackson Archives."

KimberlyJean

Dear Mrs. Jackson,
My prayers are with you and Michael's childern. I know how hard it is to bury a parent or love one. The pain never goes away but it will lessen in time.
Your son Michael was a remarkable man, he gave so much to the world. He will never be forgotten he is in our souls now and that is how he will live forever.
May God keep watch over you and your family.

Love you Michael

I know you love me more.

Kimberly

mariam

Hi all,

Your cruel comments about Katherine and the Jackson family is not welcomed. You should only visit this story if you are a fan and not use this site to hurt and abuse others. Peoples feelings are very important and Katherine is doing a wonderful job.

CloBird

The family will be going through so many "firsts without" Michael.Having been through these firsts,I wish them well.
Going to a private school,especially a well-chosen,suitable one for the children could be a very good thing.Private tutors can always be hired if the experience doesn't suit the children.

shelley

I am glad that grandma wants them in a reg school. That is the best thing for them as they need to be with kids their own age and need to participate in the opps that present themselves at school.

I especially worry about Paris as she seems like a great little girl. the boys have lots of male cousins around.

Yes, therapy in their future but school is a great step towards some sort of normalcy.

WOW...

I commend Katherine for her efforts to achieve the impossible. The passing of a parent is never easy on the kids and takes a lot of time, patients and can be a rough process. The fact that she waited to put the kids in a public school of some kind I think was a very smart choice…The reality is people are cruel, just look at this forum, and kids can be the cruelest of all. Hence look at the suicide rates of kids being simply bullied in school…I am sure that is not something they needed to have to deal with on top of their mourning. My hats off to her for how she is handling the situation and ignoring all the cruel hateful people in the world. Losing a beloved child and then having to be a shoulder for her Grandchildren requires strength beyond what is normal. And most of the haters on this forum are just plain not normal. Michael may have shared with the world what he went through as a child to get people off his back, however he remained kind, giving, generous and loyal…what is your excuse for being so hateful?

marson

The website to order the new book and join the fan club is www.jacksonsecretvault.com There is some interesting stuff on there. These children are loved from Michaels fans all over the world. I hope they know that. Kids their age need friends and I hope by going to school they will find that. Peers are important in young lives. I remember all my teen girlfriends and I wouldn't have wanted to have done without them. When I was Paris's age I discovered her dad and his brothers and their wonderful music and dancing. It's a great age. Love to the kids and Katherine. All us fans will be thinking of Michael on the 25th. Katherine thank you for sharing your son with all of us.

Luv-Lee

Aww!! :'( This just made me cry. I know the whole familiy misses him. I am so glad that I spent my life being a fan of Michael (and Janet ofcourse because JANET IS THE QUEEN). I am so happy to have been able to appreciate his music, and his Humanitarianism, and his heart all of my life. It's a shame that many people started to appreciate him ONLY after 6/25/09, but Im so happy to be able to say that I was a fan since I was a baby. (Im 30 now) Michael has always been apart of my life and I will NEVER forget him. Such a tragic loss. How devesataing!!! :'(

boston61

These kids need to mix with other kids and stop acting like their freakish dead father. Michael Jackson was very mentally ill.

bab

TO ALL THE HATERS THAT JUST CAME ON THE WEBSITE TO TALK ABOUT MJ I HOPE U ALL KNOW WERE ULL BE GOING AND IT RIMES WITH BELL!!!!!!! GO F YOURSELVES AND LEAVE THIS FAMILY ALONE THEY ANI'T DID NOTHING TO YALL!! ITS JUST STUPID PEOPLE ACTIN HARD OVER THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!!!! RIP MJJ

maimie douchet maimie ip

why not let the children perform,thats the best place to learn ,sent them all to dancing lessons ,singing classes,go to New York to live,change home if need to,they must learn to be different individual.
Forget their Dad for while, they must understand he is dead and that he is very happy that they
learning to do what he know best,everyone have their own style ,learn acting as well they have no time to waste..Go out into to world to meet people from all walks of life,go go go Granny go.

mytwocents

Heartbreaking. I have no doubt that MJ was misunderstood but the man was so messed up in life regardless. I'd imagine his father really was the force that screwed MJ up by being the bully that he appears to have been in his children's lives. Joe was strictly into the Jackson Five for money and how much HE could get out of it. It certainly has merit considering how he is trying to bilk the estate of Michael, even after his death.
As for Katherine, I honestly believe with all my heart that she too was abused mentally by Joe.

LJ

To all those who commented and seem to think they knew MJ better than the family. I am guessing you never met him personally and even if you did you had a preconceived notion about him by the tabloid media (yes TMZ included). We all have different levels of grieving and there is no timeline for when yo start to move on from, if ever, the loss of a parent especially when you are so young. Instead of launching into hate and judgment how about a little compassion. MJ still remains, in the minds of a few missinformed, a predator, if you were to truly investigate you would find nothing but instead you choose to live with your false beliefs. What a heavy burdened life you must lead. Is it possible that these children can't go out and just play with friends because of "our" over fascination with celebrity? What if we just stopped judging everyone - stop and let them live. Oh yes there would be no tabloids and some of us would have amazing lives. We would become our own celebrity. Just a thought.