Michael Jackson Anniversary Plans -- Denied!

6/22/2010 4:23 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson fans making extravagant plans for the anniversary of his death need a Plan B -- because Forest Lawn Cemetery and cops are putting the kibosh on most of the celebration.

0621_MJ_lawn_ex_getty
A rep for Forest Lawn -- where MJ is buried -- tells TMZ fans will be allowed into the park on June 25, but not into the mausoleum itself. And the news ain't so good for these special requests:
- Releasing doves (DENIED)
- Releasing balloons (DENIED)
- Performing Jackson songs and dance routines (DENIED)

Sgt. Tom Lorenz says the Glendale PD has its own no-no list: no camping out the night before, no parking around Forest Lawn 24 hours prior, and no street vendor sales of anything ... including MJ merchandise.

The Forest Lawn rep says fans who behave will be allowed to pay their respects.

janicebyrne

I think the authorities are being more than just a tad harsh. I think they could relax the rules for a day.

brianpi

So tis is nice, more promo.....more show....there must be some in the deal....but still no mention of real crimes, that are part of the Michael Jackson history..but how can the money party, keep going, if some rational adults start talking about real crimes?.....Go to my.....no-book deal/nothing for sale site, to read about why this talented man, is in that place...brian n. everett pi...real crime...real dead...real con-games, and blackmail..

Cheaptimes

There not being harsh at all……. It’s a cemetery and a final resting place not the site for a yearly circus because Michael Jackson’s corpse is there. Truthfully they would have been better off cremating him and spreading his ashes. Let him rest in peace

Cookie

I agree. The cemetery is not a circus. The doves would not survive and the balloons would end up in the ocean and eaten by turtles. One up for Forest Lawn.

mjfanalways

MICHAEL I LOVE YOU MOST.I MISS YOU AND YOUR SMILE HANDSOME.IF ONLY I COULD SEE YOU AGAIN.LOVE AND HUGS ANGEL.

@FindAGrave

Private Photo's Made Public

It would be nice if one day the fans who gave Michael and his family the resources to develop and live the life that they have had, would be able to pay their respects at his actual resting place. In the meantime there are some photos of Michael's private crypt that will have to suffice. See them here: http://bit.ly/9iFCWt

Cherwood

For once, this is something that makes sense. I'm all for the fans being able to pay their respects--if I was able to get to LA, I would be there too, but not to "dance on his grave", but to have a moment of quiet and say a prayer on his behalf.
Since I can't be there, I plan to buy a special candle and keep it burning for him on June 25 and watch TII sometime during that day. It may have been made by thieves and Vultures, but it is one of the closest things to a live, offstage Michael we have today.
As for his Birthday, August 29, LA better watch out because I'm COMING OUT THERE and I expect a MAJOR CELEBRATION for my man!! Handle it!!
No Peace Till Justice!!
MICHAEL--URMYLIFE4EVER!!!!

Trish

Good for "FOREST LAWN!" Keep those unruly, disrespectful fans, out of there! People spend a lot of money to bury their loved ones... Last thing they need is a bunch of MJ freaks...

lap123

Okay, I am a fan and I think releasing doves, releasing balloons, and dancing to any kind of music is inappropriate in a cemetery. I think these things should be done in a gathering away from the cemetery maybe after visiting Forest Lawn. Forest Lawn is the final resting place for other people also and they deserve respect too. Now, I think as long as fans are respectful, quiet, and honor Michael's memory by not causing a huge scene at Forest Lawn then they should be allowed in to pay their respects at Michael's crypt.

Still MissingMJ

Trish

The mother doesn't pay her respects to his grave. "Hello," Don't you get it? It's all about the money! What mother would not go to her son's grave?

cindee

GREAT COMMENT

6. Private Photo's Made Public

Posted at 2:05 AM on Jun 22, 2010 by @FindAGrave
*******************

The Jacksons would be better served if they soupported the
fans at THE FOREST LAWN MEMORIAL to be successful in Gary..
Michael lived 43 years of his 50 in the state of California
He would have never wanted to go back to Gary......

"THANK GOD THE EXECUTORS ARE THERE TO PRESERVE THE DIGNITY
AND RESPECT OF MJ'S LEGACY AND ESTATE"

LOVE YOU FOREVER AND EVER MICHAEL
GOD BLESS PRINCE PARIS and BLANKET

Criss

miss you honestly Michael

Trish

DENIED, DENIED, DENIED,DENIED AND DENIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good for Sgt. Tom. Lorenz

momandpopshop

How'd you guys find yet ANOTHER photo of Michael that looks like he died 5 years ago? Keep 'em comin...

The Netherlands