« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Banner Pilot:

I Was Grounded

by the FBI

6/23/2010 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The pilot who flew the "Tiger: Are You My Daddy?" banner over the US Open golf tournament last weekend was supposed to make a second run -- but dude claims the FBI shut down the flight.

0622_fbi_tiger_banner_EX_getty
TMZ obtained the post-flight report filed with the sky banner company, in which the pilot states that while en route to fly sign #2 -- which read, "Happy Father's Day Tiger LOL" -- he was contacted by a tower controller with a message from the FBI.

According to the pilot, the FBI had "strongly urged" him to "depart the area" over the golf course as soon as possible ... and, of course, the pilot obliged.

We spoke to the owner of the company hired to fly the planes – who told us he is looking into the incident and has no idea why the FBI would intervene on such a matter.  We also spoke to the FAA – who tells us the FBI would only intervene if “criminal activity” was suspected.

As for the FBI, we called them for comment as well -- but we're still waiting to hear back. Apparently they have bigger things to worry about.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

KellyR

Just to clarify something: I think Tiger is a piece of crap because he cheated on his wife... With that being said, so is David Letterman, Ben Roethlisberger, Kobe Bryant (b/c there was MORE proof of his rape than Ben's), Jesse James, LeAnn Rimes, Tori Spelling and all the other unfaithful men AND women out there... So my disgust has NOTHING to do with his race, I'm an equal opportunity hater... LMAO
But to make this about race is ridiculous... Its a celebrity thing, not a race thing... And since the only thing black about Tiger is his SKIN (LOL), then your racism argument holds no water...

Flower

#28...My, aren't you the angry little thing, though? Being called names does not bother me because it makes a statement about the one doing the namecalling, not the target. Oh, no, I will not tell you I am Asian because I am not. My race is mixed, placing me in an even smaller minority than possibly you. The only *real* difference between us is level of education, ability to reason, and the application of common sense....oh, and the ability to maintain an even keel about gossip site posts. I'll leave it up to you to figure out where you place in that equation.

GringoStarr

Hmmm... can't figure out why the FBI stepped in? Ever heard of "harassment"?

Wow.

dirty diana

hey andy.... why don't you call TIGER racist??? HE is the one who only goes for white woman, men AND anything else he can get his hands on, his friends, (most of them are even white)!! this has nothing to do with race.

JINI

Waiting to 'here' back? Obvioulsy no one proof reads the content before posting...My gosh..learn to spell

jeff

I hope they arrest whoever hired the pilot for harrassment

Echo

Anthony - do you look as stupid as you sound?

Youphemism

Looks like Tiger has friends in high places, as well as enemies.

LC

It's good the plane was stopped. We had a incident in London UK with a plane pulling a banner. The plane crashed to the ground when the banner became stuck in the wings. Too many people at Pebble and a accident would be deadly w those crowds.

Randy

"..still waiting to HERE back"? What a ****ing stupid ass moron writer here!

KellyR

Harassment? Please... How about freedom of speech ? Since when does the FBI do anything about harassment ? That's a stretch...

Nick "The Slasher" McGuirk

HIRE COPY EDITORS ASAP. YOU NEED THEM.

sickofit

Is it possible that someone from the Wood's camp called up, pretending to be the FBI?

Lewy

Cheatin' Chigger Chokes His Chicken at the Big Golf Tournament.

Penni

You guys know you used the wrong "here" right?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments