Michael Jackson -- The Final TMZ Encounter

6/25/2010 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The last time we shot Michael Jackson, he was leaving Dr. Arnie Klein's offices in Beverly Hills just two weeks before he died ... and assured us that he would be able to moonwalk at his scheduled London concerts.

At the time -- June 9, 2009 -- no one could anticipate the tragedy that would follow ... nor the massive investigations involving practically everyone connected to the singer.

As for our last encounter with Michael, he was his usual kind self -- more than willing to talk to his fans ... and in this case, he even gave the photogs an update on his health status, saying he was feeling "good."

Trish

It is true...

MichaelJACKSON

WHY WOULD YOU ASK HIM IF HE COULD STILL MOONWALK? ITS LIKE ASKING PICASSO IF HE COULD STILL PAINT. OH GOD, MEDIA WAS SO INSENSITIVE TO HIM. HE IS THE BEST ARTIST EVER, HE DIDN'T GET THE RESPECT HE DESERVED, HE STILL DOESN'T. I THINK ITS BECAUSE HE WAS SO DOWN TO EARTH THAT PEOPLE THINK THEY COULD TALK TO HIM ANY KIND OF WAY. MICHAEL YOU ARE PERFECTION...IN EVERY WAS IMAGINABLE...I WOULDN'T CHANGE A THING ABOUT YOU, LOVE. I MISS YOU ACHINGLY

dd

To Dr.O spread your filthy lies somewhere else the black community always stuck by Michael. Don't try to start a race war on Michaels day you pathetic, hateful man. Michael stuck with the black community and the black community had his back you filthy liar! It's the true fans day and the repentent haters day, so I won't respond to a trouble making idiot anymore.

raindrop

Oh, God, that little laugh you can hear before the "Why wouldn't I be able to?" just made me smile and cry at the same time.
I don't like you, TMZ people. But today I have to thank you for this.

More respectful articles about Mike and the real happenings of his life will be appreciated, since I see from you comments that there are still people too lazy to look for the truth by themselves.

Ronnie

Thank you TMZ yes, for respectfully posting the truth about MJ's KINDNESS ABOVE ANYTHING ELSE. He was a genius, philanthropist, and no one can touch his talent. I miss him dearly.

As to the "ignorant" comment about African Americans leaving him etc. As an African American, HOW DARE YOU SPEAK FOR MY RACE? Our community is truly one of the MOST FORGIVING ever (even sometimes to a fault) because of how much hatred is dumped on us when it is not validated (hello President Obama has to report when he goes to the bathroom and this man has done NOTHING wrong but try to HELP ALL AMERICANS). So don't start any racist crap. MJ was not a racist. And for the record, check your facts, A LOT OF OTHER RACES (NOT black) turned their backs on MJ during his career. Toss a stone and take your pick but STICK TO THE FACTS. The majority of my people ALWAYS SUPPORTED MJ (do you even watch any of our tributes to him BEFORE he died. Keep this thread POSITIVE. Sheeze. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I cannot STAND ignorant folks who are really BRAVE when hiding on the internet. Take your "theories" to FOX news and The View with Elizebeth H.

RIP Michael and Farrah.

dd

Hey everyone great idea Trish I just lit two candles it brings me comfort remembering them both.

truthBtold

a lovely virtual tribute for fans from around the world to also visit, (pass it along);

wow

One year ago I came to TMZ at the shocking news of MJ's death. Just two days earlier I was looking up one of my favorite songs "Ben" to listen to, seeing a picture of a young MJ in my mind's eye. Today I remember the child-man I grew up with. In my opinion he was a special person. One of a kind (almost angelic) but he didn't seem to know it. He was a gentle, kind person from the onset and a humanitarian. MJ lived in a world that most people couldn't comprehend. He was a hard worker from childhood and he really loved people regardless of color or status. He naively thought that people could love each other and overlook skin pigmentation just like Martin Luther King, among others. There's so much hate in the USA but MJ accomplished much. He bought people all over the world together. These people aren't remembering him just for the music as some think. He's remembered as a friend, a humanitarian and a loving person. He had his crosses to bear in this world and he had his enemies. It's to be expected but those of us that grew up with him don't know him in the evil and hateful terms people like to sprout. Songs like Ben, Heal the world, Will you be there show the essence of MJ. His true self. The media and sensationalism can never take that away. He was love. He was caring. He made mistakes, he suffered. He was HUMAN and he will always be in our hearts. R.I.P Michael Joseph Jackson. Bless your soul.

electriczipper

I would but im not allowed to play with lighters.
One thing you can say about Michael was he would always take the time to talk to people if he could.

Trish

@FPIC It's a deal! :) @jungle ball sweat... It's a day of peace, love and understanding.

Trish

Great job OhWell! #33 Good post!

electriczipper

here is something I remember seeing when I was stationed in Europe a few years ago..well more than a few...it was some sort of music awards show and it was when rap was totally in control of the music scene......in the audience were a lot of the Big time rappers being their usual boisterous selves,but when it was time for michael to appear you could have dropped a pin in that place,and the look on those guys faces really set me back.Even those guys were in tortal awe and had total respect for michael and this was at a time when it wasnt kool to respect anyone or anybody.Dont get me wrong.I wasnt personally there,the show was being beamed to us by sattilite.

Claire

Thanks ohwell and trish, we are truely grateful for your respect. :)

Phantom of the opera

In loving memory of Michael Jackson.

Trish

@electrizipper I wonder what would have happened if Elvis went on stage.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments