Jeremy London's Mom: I Don't Want to Bury Him

7/1/2010 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jeremy London's mom will tell the judge this morning ... "I don't want to bury another child."

Jeremy London
Jeremy is due in court any minute ... he's going to ask the judge for a restraining order to stop his mom and his brother Jason from yakking to the media.

Mama Debbie thinks talking about Jeremy's problems -- including alleged substance abuse -- will save his life.

We're told everyone is going into chambers ... tempers are so hot, apparently the judge doesn't want to do this in open court.

Debbie's attorney, Tamar Arminak who works for Mark Geragos, tells TMZ they will argue that Debbie and Jason have a right to freedom of speech and a restraining order would violate their First Amendment rights.

awards

Looks like a happy family!

Jill

Well, there's free speech, and then there is slander. Big difference.

I understand if the mom is concerned for her son, of course. But if you were really interested in "helping" him, you can get him the help he may (or may not) need privately. The media doesn't need to be involved at all. Why even involve the media in confidential family matters? So disturbing when Mothers do this...

aimee

Maybe his mom feels like she is out of options and trying to force him to go to rehab. If he has a drug problem, he needs help. I don't know if using the media is the best thing to do but I dont think anyone should judge a situation they know very little about. I wouldn't want to bury a child either especially to drugs.

Swinson

I don't think that slander is truly protected speech. There is always a balancing act between the rights of the individual and the common good. I'm not sure why his mom and family think that blabbing their dirty laundry to the media is going to help, personally I think it would just make matters worse. I'd say let the family talk to therapists, doctors, and those in a position to help, and bar them from talking to the media.

kickaboo

Well, I liked to know if ROL is paying the mother and brother for their "opinions" about Jeremy. If you want to help a family member, don't be sleazy and profit off of it or sully a court case, apparently they haven't had contact in a long time. (The truth will come out in due time

Quinn

That's a good Judge doing an in camera in Chambers rather than having some open circus in the courtroom. It's about time a Judge isn't trying to be an attention whore like Larry Seidlin.

Violette-Blue

I really haven't heard too much of the mom or brother speaking to the press about Jeremy's problems. I have only heard Jeremy talk about Jeremy's problems and his ex-fiancee. I truly believe his mom & brother only want the best for him. HE needs help and I hope he can get it soon.
Also, it isn't slander or deflamation if it's true. Freedom of speech seems to not be what it used to. Even at work. I cannot express an opinion due to the fact that it may bother someone. I call bull@%&* on that.

G.R.

Jeremy should be buried. He is an idiot druggie who has completely lost his mind if he came up with that stupid kidnapping story. The only thing good for him is a dirtnap.

beachgal

Jeremy who?

A friend

Jeremy, what you are doing is so wrong! You need to realize the game is over. I can't believe you are hurting your Mother so bad. She has tried reaching out to you for months and you just shut her out. This is her scream for help. As for your Mom and Jason ruining your reputation and career...honey you have done that yourself. Stop the madness now! Read all the comments people are writing on these websites. You have become one big joke in Hollywood and you started it all by yourself...well with alittle help from Melissa that is. I wish Dedra was still here because she would so kick you in the head!!!

P. S.
You may be able to shut your Mom and Jason up but guess what...there are hundreds of voices waiting to speak for them and we won't stop until you stop and admit you're wrong and need help!!!

jon

Gee must addicts families are enablers.
If someone in my family told everyone they were kidnapped and forced to do drugs I'd be frantic to save them too.
Who cares about a hollywood career anyway.Get a normal job/life .Hollywood is filled with addicts and immorality anyway.His best chance at life is to get away from it.

Lorinda

It was his younger sister that died. She was killed in a car accident in 92.

A Friend

Jeremy, what you are doing is so wrong! You need to realize the game is over. I can't believe you are hurting your Mother so bad. She has tried reaching out to you for months now and you just shut her out. This is her scream for help. As for your Mom and Jason ruining your reputation and career...honey you have done that yourself. Stop this madness now! Read all the comments people are writing on these websites. You have become one big joke in Hollywood and you started it all by yourself...well with alittle help from Melissa that is. I wish Dedra was still here because she would so kick you in the head!!!

P.S.
You may be able to shut your Mom and Jason up but guess what....there are hundreds of voices waiting to speak for them and we won't stop until you stop and admit you're wrong and need help!!!

stage worker

I worked closely with Jeremy on party of five for a long time. he is a loving and smart person. to whom ever wrote post 12 and 15. lets talk My e mail is k1fighter08@yahoo.com

Outsider

I met Jeremy about 4 months ago with Melissa in palm springs. I have watched him relapse in the last 5 weeks. He went from a nice guy trying to work on his life to a homeless dazed drug addict. He looked terrible. ..dirt clothes n oily hair ..looked like he hadn't showered in weeks. He was to say very lost. I tried to encourage him to get help but was in denial. Then the incident, trouble follows trouble. I hope he gets help before it is too late!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments