NAACP: Mel Gibson

'Out of Control Racist'

7/1/2010 3:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The L.A. Chapter of the NAACP just reacted to Mel Gibson using the "N" word in an explosive fight with Oksana Grigorieva ... calling Mel "an out of date and out of control racist."

0701_naacp_mel_EX_TMZ_01
Leon Jenkins, President of the L.A. NAACP tells TMZ it's unfortunate a man "who has made his millions off of women, African-Americans and Jews harbor such racist, sexist, and anti-semitic feeling against people who have admired and respected him for decades."

Jenkins says "An apology is insufficent given his history of racism, sexism and anti-semitism."  Jenkins adds, "No amount of words will change his image as an out of date and out of control racist."

Jenkins does end, however, with this:  "Only a sustained period of positive acts can his legacy be redeemed."

chris

What a loser. He's going to get EXACTLY what he deserves...that being the END OF HIS CAREER.

If ANYONE supports him or his movies from this point forward is as big a loser has GIBSON himself. What a disgusting PIG he is.

Gride

I respect Mel Gibson now even more than before!

Superman

I'm not defending Mel, but I hate it when the NAACP tries to jump on everything. Hey National COLORED PEOPLE Association, stop being f-king hypocrites!!!!!!! Why don't you tell the "Colored People" to stop using the "N-Word"?!?! It can't be "racist" when blacks still call each other the "N-Word". Double Standard, much?

Dan

This is so stupid. Let me get this straight. Any black person can go around saying "******" on their rap records, in the streets or where ever they please. But the second a white guy uses it, he's a f'n racist? I call B*ll**** on this.
Oh and the NAACP is a f'n joke as well :)

d

I LOVED THE LETHAL WEAPON MOVIES AND OTHERS FEATURING MEL GIBSON...BUT WHAE HE BASSED JEWISH PEOPLE,AND NOW BLACK PEOPLE.I HAD HIS NUMBER A FEW YEARS AGO,AND WON'T LOOK AT HIS MOVIES NOW,I TRASHED ALL MEL GIBSON MOVIES IN MY COLLECTION.FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO DON'T UNDERSTAND THE NAACP BLESS YOUR HEARTS LMAO..I LOOK AT SOME OF THESE COMMENTS AND REALIZE THE WORLD IS STILL FULL OF RACIST IDIOT *******S..BUT THIS IS STILL AMERICA AND TO EACH HIS OWN.HE DID USE THOSE EXPLOSIVE WORDS IN HIS HOME..I'LL BET HE DIDN'T CALL DANNY GLOVER A NI**ER TO HIS FACE.MEL IS A COWARD THAT BEATS WOMEN.I'D PAY TO SEE HIM CALL A BLACK MAN THAT NAME TO HIS FACE,OR THAT PACK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT...THE WORLD IS FULL OF A**HOLES JUST LIKE HIM!!!

anton ziegler

Well, I think Mel was just looking out for his wife, who he loved. Everybody knows that if you are a beautiful sexy white woman and go out dressed too sexy then surely you will be raped by a pack of ******s. Everybody knows that ******s roam the streets in packs, just looking for sexy white women dressed sexy so they can rape them. That's all ******s do all day, they don't work or watch tv they just roam streets looking for cute white women. So mel was right to look out for his wife and protect her from the ******s.

beachgal

Stupid mel gibson will NEVER be redeemed, what a total a-hole. And the NAACP is a great organization, founded in 1909 when WHITE people called non-whites colored! Some of you dimwits & Mel-lovers need to educate yourselves, if that's at all possible.

jenn

He's done it again. I never watched his last movie as I will not pay money for someone so hatefull. He needs to get his head out of his *******. Come to Canada I can look done my block and see most every race. I take that back, don't come here to Canada, this man needs to be prosecuted for hate crimes.

One word IDIOT!!!!!!

faren59

Who cares...go after the guy that shot the 2 cops...in heated agruments this is what happens...I like Mel...who cares..give it a rest...

jenn

One word IDIOT!!!!!!

d

WOULD WHITE PEOPLE LIKE TO MORE RAP SONGS TALKING ABOUT CRACKERS,RED NECKS, AND TRAILER TRASH WHITE PEOPLE? THEY USE THE N WORD,BUT THEY'RE BLACK PEOPLE USING THE WORD IN A DIFFRENT CONTEXT, AND IT'S NI**A NOT NI**ER.KNOW THE DIFFRENCE.I'LL BET THOSE PEOPLE WHO THINK IT'S TO LABLE PEOPLE LIKE THIS HAVE 2 OR 3 DIRTY WHITE SHEETS WITH EYE HOLES CUT OUT HANGING UP IN THE CLOSET WITH A HOOD.ALONG WITH A FEW OLD WOODEN CROSSES IN THE BACKYARD OF THE TRAILER PARK WITH A CAN OF GAS JUST WAITING FOR SUNSET.

G.R.

Mel's next PR stunt: TMZ will have photos of him crying outside a Slavery Museum then a Holocaust Museum.

Marilyn

I think this is so crazy, I am offended by all the rap songs out that call white people names. Who is gonna stand up for me. Does Jesse Jackson even have a job other than bitch about white people? He needs to use that mouth of his for a good cause.

Lisa

Well when the NAACP starts identifying Jesse Jackson, Al Sharton, AG Eric Holder, The Church of Islam Louie "Calypso" Farrakhen, The Black Panther Party, La Raza,and Barak "The White Policeman Was Wrong" Obama as the rasicst they are, I'll take them seriously. Mel needs to be given a pass becasue the NAACP continues to promote race hatred by supporting the likes of the Reverend Wright and Flagler. The NAACP long ago became irrelevant as nothing more than the extreme left wing of the democrat party. They only seem to support groups that preach get rid of whitey, promote white guilt, and do NOTHING but help ensalve the afro-american community to living off the government as its new "master". Sorry, but as a black man who lives in Oakland, all I can say is they "cause rascism and the government welfare state and government dependency.

Posted at 12:03 PM on Jul 1, 2010 by Ron

Very well said, Ron

Kit

Ahh, ok. Gibson just napalmed his career. I thought I smelled something burning.