Kelsey Grammer Was Done with Marriage

7/2/2010 10:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ ... Kelsey Grammer made it clear to his wife ... he didn't want to be married anymore, and his actions on Father's Day pushed Camille over the line.

Kelsey Grammer
TMZ broke the story ... Camille Grammer filed for divorce yesterday, citing "irreconcilable differences."

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... the 13-year marriage started crumbling when Kelsey moved to New York earlier this year to star in "La Cage Aux Folles" on Broadway.

Camille stayed with their two kids in L.A. and flew back and forth to visit him, but sources say it became apparent "Kelsey loved New York, his friends and his freedom more than his marriage."

We're told the tipping point for Camille was Father's Day, when Kelsey was 2,475 air miles away from his family and didn't call his kids.

As one source said, "She doesn't know what Kelsey is doing in New York, but he's made it pretty clear he wants nothing to do with marriage anymore," adding, "She didn't see it coming."

Quincing Snuff

I meant to say "NOT ADORABLE" like Julia's character

Kate

Kelsey Grammer AKA Backdoor is a whore from Long Island. He used to live in NYC back in the 1979-1983 era, when he was in Back Door Man and everyone in the building knew he was a PAID Cross Dressing escort. He had men coming and going all day and night. It was a joke...TMZ should just go to the Theater District 220 West 48th Street and ask the ushers and or stagehands. Ask the male ones.

Anyway, when Kelsey was having his never ending identity crisis and alcholism/drug abuse issues in NY at that time, he called Camille, as a date and he hit it big. Because he was a drunk on self loating at the time, she "Helped" him get clean and then they "fell in love".
This cross dresser hit it big and she was foolish enough to save him.

You can put all the Rodeo Drive clothes, and great hair & makeup on a transexual, but a transexual is still a transexual. He basically lived the script of "Broke Back Mountain" but was too old and classless to get young men.

I used to live in Riverbank and also bartended at a nightclub on Long Island where this homo used to bang every doorman and bartender before he landed his first beard. He was an average Italian girl with dark brown hair and no chest until he did La Cage and then like all "Closeted/ boy lovers"- went bald and bought a set of balls.

I hope she takes you to court and everyone finds out what a phony ass rider you are Kelsey.

PS Hey Kelsey, you're starting to look like Liberace....just sayin'

Linda

Not agreeing to Grammer's actions but isn't it supposed to be the kids who call Dad on Father's Day? It's not like it was their birthday.

stan

I am sure if he wasn't rich & famous she would of never of married him. Now that she is divorcing him I bet her IBS will go away too.

Bu

Kelsey moved across the entire country to live in NYC without his wife and family. No matter what that was not fair to his very young children, let alone his wife!

donna

I remember reading a couple of years ago how Kelsey said he was grateful for his wife because of all her support when he was becoming sober. Apparently he decided to move on without her and that's that. I wish them both well. I also liked watching him on Cheers and Frazier and his personal life doesn't affect my opinion about his great acting.

Zappo

Neither Kelsey or Camille have said anything beyond asking the public to respect their privacy yet people are writing the nastiest things about both of them. There's really no need for any of this. They have children, young children. Time to move along to those whom may indeed deserve the disparaging remarks. Show some class, they both are.

Del

She saw it coming since she was the one who filed, and you know what, other couples make it work. Here's a thought, how about if she moved there with him? Did no one think of that idea. It takes 2 to make a divorce, and "unnamed" sources is about as reliable as the tooth fairy showing up. Perhaps they should tend to their own marriage instead of arm chairing someone else's marriage.

jk

this father's day incident certainly didn't spark this divorce-it'll come out later that he's been seeing some "20 something"female,that's the real issue! jk

Quincing Snuff

Everything I said about Camiile is TRUE. If Camiile's friends (Like Kate) can't handle it, don't read it.
She's a PIG in fancy clothes, but at least she has clothe on now.
And Kate, greta Job. Well done. The LIberace insert was awesome

Cathy C

On Father's Day, I called my Dad, not the other way around. Why should he be expected to call the kids? They should be calling him, and their mother's should make sure that they do.

You people are cruel. Makes me wonder what your lives are like.

Sarah Gellerman

I've always thought Kelsey Grammer was in the closet anyway!!

Objective Observer

1) It's possible the wife refused to move to New York, because she just didn't want to.

2) Kelsey Grammer isn't gay--he's gone from a "valley" guy (back in the 80s')to something kore like the characters he plays.

3) He is a great actor--I saw him in Richard III, he was very good.

4) Why are all these people confusing his political leanings with being a bad parent? I don't see your comments on Melissa Etheridge's TMZ pages--where she dumped her domestic partner and co-parent online!!! Is it because you are hypocrites? Or you have closed minds? I think perhaps both.

Kate

Everything I said about Kelsey is TRUE. If Kelsey's friends (Quincing Snuff) can't handle it, don't read it.
He's a HOMO in women's clothes, but at least he has clothe on now.
And Quincing Snuff, pathetic Job. Poorly done. The Pretty Women reference was unoriginal

Quincing Snuff, were you drunk or high at the time you wrote the last one. Hard to work with so many typo's.:)

Kate

A:Kelsey's is quoted stating, Camellie and the children will move to their home on the Island when the children are done with school.

A: Gay or not, isn't a matter. Hiding it, if he is in this day and age, is.

3) He is a great actor--I saw him in Richard III, he was very good.
A: As Dr. Frasier Crane he excels. I'll admit I attending La Cage Aux Folles and he was good. Douglas Hodge is by far the star of the show, by far.

A: I post on all the news and so do a great deal of us here. I doubt anyone takes his political views seriously at all. IMHO, I think people ride him because he's known to have neglected his children before. We've all heard about this with him in the past. Why the hell did she even have children with him? People don't change not at his age.

Good luck to both of them this story is getting old and boring.