Kelsey Grammer Was Done with Marriage

7/2/2010 10:38 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources tell TMZ ... Kelsey Grammer made it clear to his wife ... he didn't want to be married anymore, and his actions on Father's Day pushed Camille over the line.

Kelsey Grammer
TMZ broke the story ... Camille Grammer filed for divorce yesterday, citing "irreconcilable differences."

Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... the 13-year marriage started crumbling when Kelsey moved to New York earlier this year to star in "La Cage Aux Folles" on Broadway.

Camille stayed with their two kids in L.A. and flew back and forth to visit him, but sources say it became apparent "Kelsey loved New York, his friends and his freedom more than his marriage."

We're told the tipping point for Camille was Father's Day, when Kelsey was 2,475 air miles away from his family and didn't call his kids.

As one source said, "She doesn't know what Kelsey is doing in New York, but he's made it pretty clear he wants nothing to do with marriage anymore," adding, "She didn't see it coming."

Kate P

Quincing Snuff,

I'm neither friends with Camelli or Kelsey nor did I ever meet them. I didn't care for the malicious, libel intent of your post. There’s an agenda on you’re part, it’s extremely transparent. The woman has two children. LOWLIFE. I’m a moderator for TMP!

Your very first sentence about where she is from is wrong. Come on now, all you had to do was Google it and find out she's from New Jersey. With that your creditability is shot to pieces. If you're going to slander get the facts straight at the very least.

Are we writing something wrong to throw off the scent?

As you, everything I wrote about Kelsey is true and there's plenty more if need be.

What's your vested interest you're the only one here who went that far over the line? The he's gay and a drunk/ junkie and she's a gold digger, ugly with surgery was typical standard flare. What's you connection to him are you his new HO, Boy toy, an old HO or.....?

Kate

"On Father's Day, I called my Dad, not the other way around. Why should he be expected to call the kids? They should be calling him, and their mother's should make sure that they do."

What if they did call and waited for him to call them back and he never did? Ummmm. Maybe it's what the story is implying? There's definitely more to it all maybe he'll write another book?

jeff

Maybe he didn't want to be married anymore...not the first time anywhere.
13 yrs..not bad in Hollywood......or anywhere.

K. Grammer

You people disgust me!!!! I will know who is with me and who is against me!!!

RaeJeanne

Yep, it is the children who call their Dad. If they are too young to realize it, then the Mother should suggest it. I just do not buy it as a reason. There is more to this. Perhaps he IS done with marriage. That does not mean he is done with his kids. I am not taking sides, I am sure there is plenty of blame on either side, just depends how it is spun. I do remember years ago he credited her with helping him get himself back together. For whatever reason I guess he feels he has paid her back for that. I don't really know or particularly care, but I do hope they will both do ok in their new status, and that the children can adjust.

manuelderegil

you should arrange for your kids to call dad on father's day. That is what father's day is all about. Maybe his wife does not know about this time honoured tradtion. She is looking for and excuse for the divorce. If I don't call you on my b-day do you hold it against me, no. You would think I was fishing for appreciation, it would be a little pathetic. Enuff said.

hisbitch

i called kelsey on mother's day.......

PO-edMan

SO let me get this right, on Father's day, the father is supposed to call his kids to ask them to wish him a happy father's day.....There is so much wrong with the women in today's modern society its unbelievable! The sense of entitlement, wow! Heaven forbid she put the kids on a plane to go surprise their father while he is in Ny acting in a play that pays for her shopping. Guys, its time we started telling these women where to go jump! I make the coin and I have to also ask for my right/due? Up Hers! Yikes!!!

adriangl90

He's released an statement (and it seems TMZ didn't get it quite right).

wtf

What is wrong with some of you? It's Father's day, the kids are supposed to call him. If they are too young then the mother should ensure that the call is made. More importantly what exactly is she doing in L.A. that she couldn't have taken the kids to NY...where Kelsey is WORKING so he could spend fathers day weekend with the kids? They were going to split up anyway, this is just a bullsh*t story trying to drum up sympathy for Camille.

jerseyboy

"KELSEY GRAMMER IS QUITE GOOD AT BEING A GOOD DAD, HONEST" the attached link is in response to Post 197.

jerseyboy

This isn’t really a question on anybody’s lips, but just pretend that it is – why is Kelsey Grammer getting divorced?

His political views? The fact that he cut his glorious mullet off? The fact that he’s a terrible, terrible, awful father and he deserves to be locked in a cellar? No, it’s definitely not that last one. We know this because Kelsey Grammer has denied claims that his wife left him because he couldn’t be bothered to speak to his own children on Father’s Day.

In fact, Kelsey Grammer says that he did speak to his kids on Father’s Day, and that he loves both of them – Whatshername and The Fat One With The Nose or whatever they’re called – equally. Heartwarming.

It’s not really news that Kelsey Grammer is getting divorced. After all, this is his third marriage – so the story doesn’t have the shock value of Al Gore’s divorce after 40 years of marriage or the hilarity of Larry King’s millionth divorce.

But what does make it news is the way that Kelsey Grammer has decided to tell the world what a good dad he is. You see, it had been claimed that Grammer’s wife Camille walked out on him when he didn’t call his two young children on Father’s Day. But, thanks to a combination of the internet and a bizarre need to over-share every single aspect of his entire poxy life, Kelsey Grammer has come forward to deny the story. See? He’s a good dad. No, he’s a great dad. Here’s what he wrote on his website:

“The truth is I did call my kids that evening. Frankly, I was surprised that they did not call me in the morning but I was thousands of miles away and working that day so I didn’t give it a second thought. I called them to see how they were doing as I do almost every night at around the same time, 11 p.m. my time, 8 p.m. their time, just before they go to bed.”

See? Kelsey Grammer is a great… well, actually, no, he’s not a great dad, is he? He’s just essentially berated his own infant children on the internet for not calling him on Father’s Day. But never mind, this is Kelsey Grammer we’re talking about about. We’re sure he’ll find a way to prove what a brilliant dad he is soon.

What’s that? Kelsey has also come forward to say that the mysterious blonde who he was seen getting cozy with at a restaurant recently was actually his daughter from his first marriage? See? Kelsey Grammer really is an excellent father. Well, maybe more creepy than excellent, but let’s not get into semantics here.

Follow hecklerspray on Twitter

smartypants1

She's looking a little old, it was time to trade her in for a younger model.

Posted at 9:54 AM on Jul 2, 2010 by rex kramer
__________________________

A little old? She looks like a plastic barbie doll.
Given Kelsey's extremely good looks -NOT- I'm sure he will trade her in for someone who looks like her, but is younger.
He just needs another young dumb bimbo that is in love with her self & will go under the knife.

My sister & I ALWAYS made plans for our dad on Father's Day. When we were too young, our mom helped. He was never away, but had he been away then I know my mom would have helped us.
Aren't his kids old enough to know? I think the wife/mother is a dumb tit for blaming her husband who was working at the time.

Kristin

Camille is a righteous bitch! Nothing like a woman scorned - using their children against Kelsey. The kids should call their father on Father's Day, not the other way around. A mother that cares for her kids and the relationship that they have with their parents would have made the effort to swallow her f-ing pride and help her kids call their dad. Stupid, stupid woman. Those kids will be miserable...

jerseyboy