Lindsay's Prescription Drug -- Stronger than Morphine

7/7/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan has a current prescription for a drug she's technically allowed to take despite her drug testing requirement -- and it's several times stronger than morphine ... TMZ has learned.

0703_Lindsay_Lohan_TMZ_EX

According to sources familiar with Lindsay's most recent probation report, LiLo has a prescription for Dilaudid -- an extremely powerful painkiller ... often compared to morphine ... and even heroin.

As long as she has the prescription, Lohan is in the clear to pop the painkiller -- presuming she follows the dosage guidelines.   We're told a doctor wrote the prescription after Lindsay's recent dental surgery.  We do not know the quantity the doctor prescribed.

But as we first reported, that's not all she's allowed to have in her medicine cabinet -- Lindsay also has prescriptions for two other drugs -- Ambien and Adderall.

Linds -- who just got sentenced to 90 days behind bars -- is still subject to drug testing before she surrenders on July 20.

Pongo

Give me a break--'dental surgery'--she had her wisdom teeth removed, in an office, like millions of people do every year. I had major dental surgery and got enough painkillers to last for five days. After that it was Advil and ice until I healed up. Lindsay just found a dentist or MD willing to be her legal dealer. If she's feeling good enough to party, she no longer needs painkillers. And who in God's name would be prescribing Adderall for a known addict? It's the new favorite street amphetamine for junkies. This is a case where it's almost too bad that doctors benefit from doctor/patient privilege. Maybe publicizing the questionable prescribing behavior of these bozo Hollywood MDs would embarrass them enough to stop since basic human conscience doesn't seem to be enough. Sadly, it would probably just boost business for them and all the closet celeb junkies would rush to their doors.

Julierose

I had a knee replacement 4 weeks ago, which is one of the most painful surgeries you could get and I was NEVER prescribed this medicine. Shes a faker, she doesn't need the meds all she wants to do is get high and she can do it legally with that. I can't wait till shes in jail and out of the media, hopefully they will not say overcrowding and let her go immediately.

mountainaires

Lohan's an addict. She's in "treatment" for her addiction. She should not be allowed to take ANY drugs. Period. Her addiction came straight from her parents; if she doesn't stop, and get help to stop completely, she's going to die, even as we all indulge our prurient fascination with her makes us complicit in her public suicide. The judge, thank God, is doing Lohan a favor--he's giving her the opportunity to experience her addiction in its ugliness. She's going to jail for 90 days; I hope they keep her there for the full sentence, and prohibit ANY prescription drugs during that 90 days. Withdrawal and AA or NA are the only things that will save this girl's life.

rene

WHY IS SHE ON THIS DRUG? I HAVE SUFFERED FO 30 YEARS WITH PAIN FROM A CAR ACCIDENT I DON'T TAKE ANYTHING. WHEN I WAS IN THE CAR ACCIDENT IN 81 I WAS ON MORRAPHENE, IT STOPPED WORKING, SO I ASKED THE PHYSICIAN FOR SOMETHING STRONGER, HE SAID "OH YOU WANT SOMETHING STRONGER HU "? WELL HE GAVE ME TYLENOL, THAT WAS THE BEST THING HE COULD HAVE DONE FOR ME, YEA I HAD WITHDRAWELS FOR A WHILE. I WAS BED RIDDEN SO ALL I COULD DO IS HIT THE BED AND SCREAM. I WISH I COULD THANK THE PHYSICIAN FROM UTMB @ GALVESTON IN 1981 FOR KEEPING ME FROM BEING A JUNKIE. THESE DRUGS DON'T WORK AFTER 3 DAYS ANYWAYS YOU NEED SOMETHING STRONGER, AND STRONGER.

Tiggerblue4u

I'm no Lindsay fan but, anyone going through what's she's going through would be seriously on edge and in need of medical intervention. People should really cut her a little slack. She is just a victim of society and that means we are all to blame for her problems!

toaddy

Ralph and you others that think LEGAL use of LEGAL drugs is okay.

Using prescription meds from a doctor does not make it legal. There must be a legitimate need for the drug. She is an addict. People that are wealthy/famous have an easier time finding their drug of choice because they will find someone who will agree to give it to them. Once you are an addict, an addict you remain, like an alcoholic. It's not like giving a diabetic insulin, because there is no legitimate need. She needs rehab, not more drugs.
Just because they are prescription drug does not make it okay. This is what is contributing to continued 'pill'use. People who do not have access to physician that prescribe need their drug just as much. They will lie, steal, barter, resort to the 'underground'...whatever it takes to get their drug. The addiction controls their life. They change. They lose their family, friends, way of life. This is what is going on with Lindsay. Her Dad may be a louse, but I believe he sees the forest through the trees and genuinely wants help for his daughter. Hopefully, this will be a 'rock bottom' for her and she will seek the help she really needs.

toaddy

Ralph and you others that think LEGAL use of LEGAL drugs is okay.

kickaboo

Lindsay and her dentist...on behalf of all the chronic and acute pain suffers who do not abuse prescription meds or who take less then prescribed because we don't want to be like you. We just want to be able to function and try to get the physical pain lowered to a tolerable level, we say F*CK U. We'd gladly trade our physical pain any day, you would know what pain really is, physically...where it wears you down emotionally, but you don't abuse, you deal. You would know what a "tough b!tch" truly is.

am

I had a dry socket and was given this pain killer, after all the others did nothing. I was dizzy, and sick and still had all the pain in my jaw. But my OS did give it for my teeth. Might add that clove oil packed in the socket rid my pain within 30 min. Who woulda thought.

poiseinliving

I can't believe all the misconceptions about dilaudid , this drug is an opiate similar to oxycodone , oxycontin , percacet , fentanyl sp? , morphine , heroin , etc. This is very addictive. She has a drug ****tail of sorts. The dilaudid gets you high , the adderal keeps you up so you can enjoy your buzz. The ambien chills you out. It is a pretty lethal combo. Opiates are so addictive. One person commented that it only makes you sick , after that sick feeling comes the high. The sickness is generally over in about 45 minutes. What is sick is that she has a script for them!!!

Dan

I..as in ME..am dying. Slowly but not all that slow. I went throw a transplant that failed, I can barely walk 100 yards. I have a team at one of the best hospitals in the world. And my disease is painful. Unlike anything almost anyone has here has felt. I have received Dilaudid in the hospital a number of time (I have been hospitalized 28 times in 4 years). Went septic 4 times. While I am prescribed pain killing medication, Dilaudid is TOO strong to have at home. It is appoximately 10X stronger than morphine. It's a drug cancer patients (or transplant patients such as me) are given in a hospital setting. A DENTIST prescribed this? He might has well done her a favor and given her pure herion, which is much less strong. It's a synthetic pain killer. When I signed my surgical consent form, I might have well been signing the Declaration of Independence. I have had a lot of sympathy for this girl, thinking she was young and dumb and being picked on. Not anymore. And god help her if she has to go through withdrawls from Dilaudid in jail, which she wont get as there is absolutely no medical need. Think of it this way. Morphine is 10x stronger than Vicodin. Dialudid is 10x stronger than morphine (or 100 times stronger than Vicodin). People are correct. She will be a danger to herself if that is cut off cold turkey. What the judge (and I am suprised no medical doctor advised the judge) is hospitalize her for the withdrawl, stepping down to morphine, then to vicodin, then to nothing. Then to jail and then to rehab. And the DENTIST needs to be arressted immediately and his license pulled. No dentisit in their right mind would prescribe this drug. It's the same as being a drug dealer, but actually he has access to better drugs. It's a Class II (like morphine) but walk into to local drugstore to fill it? The pharmacist also needs to be arrested.

nisiek

holy sh** not that drug. I had a friend who was a heroin addict who when she could not get heroin melt diludid and shot it up...it was actually stronger than heroin....(or so she said)...and told me she prefers this to heroin cause it is stronger. what the hell??? So she is still getting high and its o.k. with the court??? damn, this logic baffles me...I am glad she is going to jail, and it is long overdue, but the truth is these two weeks before jail will be harder for her than if she immediately went from court to jail...which is what they do for most offenders. She is a bitch though, jail will not change her, cause she wont' be in general pop...and will only do maybe three weeks. What a waste of a human being.

sherree

this is a favorite of opiate addicts. This is a heavy duty pain reliever that is for extreme pain, usually while hospitalized. what is she 80 pounds soaking wet? Way too much drug for her.
they need to start looking into these doctors for prescribing opiates so freely.

gfahey

I'm a nurse. Dilaudid is pretty much reserved for end stage of life "comfort" measures along with Fentanyl. It can also be given to those suffering with specific chronic pain.

I'm betting that LL has no legitimate need for these meds but, of course, when you're a celeb who can beg, plead and cry, you ened up getting them. She's one of the millions of "legal" junkies in the USA. Yet, somehow, the prescribing doctor is off the hook. I'm sure that somewhere there is do***entation that LL has "back pain" or some excuse. Dear God, she's only in her early 20's! I have chronic back pain and get Darvocet. That's it. She is at the point where she is not using the medication, the medication is using HER!

Any health care professional could tell you that unless the patient WANTS to clean up, it's a waste of time thinking forced rehab will work. It's obvious that LL is already counting the days when she can do what she wants again.

She'll get out of jail early. She'll go to "rehab". Her agents will have the magazines all lined up for the "Lindsey is clean! How she did it!" articles. She'll be back with the same people. If her doctor doesn't give her what she wants, she knows which ones in LA will give her what she wants. We'll see the photos of her red eyed and out at 4AM being "helped" to walk. The coverage will be unending.

Meanwhile, that oil spil? War in the mid-east? North Korea and South Korea about to explode? The world economy going down the pipes? Who cares right? Everyone wants to know what LL did last night and when she'll OD.

What a world we live in.

anony

Dilaudid?!?!?
They gave he a scrip for Dilaudid?

Didn't anyone here ever see Drugstore Cowboy?
Remember how Matt Dillon's character describes it?
Remember how Heather Graham's character ODs on it?