Jon Bon Jovi Injured, Finishes Concert

7/10/2010 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Bon Jovi really was "Livin' on a Prayer" last night after he injured his calf during a concert at the New Meadowlands Stadium in New Jersey, but finished the show like a champ.

In the video above, you can clearly see Jon struggling to walk around on stage -- but he sings the ironic closing song, "Living On a Prayer" as if nothing is wrong. In the video below, you can see Jon thanking the crowd before being carried off by the rest of the band.

A rep for Bon Jovi tells TMZ: "Near the end of Bon Jovi's two-and-a-half hour show at New Meadowlands Stadium on Friday night, Jon Bon Jovi sustained a torn calf muscle ... The injury will not prevent Bon Jovi from playing any of their upcoming stadium dates this summer."

BonJovi821

Zippy: No, he is not that old!

Jon Bon Jovi is 48 years old, and Richie Sambora is turning 51 today. Neither of them are 65, as you say.

Lynn

Bon Jovi...sigh...Such an awesome band!:)

patti

I also was at the show, this was actually my 15th show on this current tour. Obviously i am a fan and have grown accustomed to reading the less than postive comments regarding Jon and the band. However I would have to say that today many of these comments are over the top. He faked it, a milksop his career is down the drain. Please prior to making negative comments about anyone check the facts. They are the number one tour in North America, Jon himself gives back to not only his own hometown community but those all over the country. Do you read about him in the tabloids everyday, I am sorry but if he was the kind of person many of you suggest he is, it would be front page news. They are a hard working band who give thier heart and soul every time they take the stage. #40 is correct, one must smirk at your lack of knowledge and unawareness.

Gina

Bon Jovi is great. All the haters just go away. Great concert, great band, great music. No Mullet!

kenobi

According to JBJ's brother, it's a torn calf muscle. :S

preferredpest@yahoo.com

At the tickets prices they charge he should finish, Work For The Working Man, they had in Rolling Stone they charge $1,800 for VIP & you don't even get to meet the band! Yeah now thats working for the working man, but of course your average fan & real working man can't afford the good seats at concerts anymore. The BJ even sells pics fomr the over priced concert because they would not allow good enough cameras to get pics from the far away seats. They do put on a good show, I just noticed in AT GA when we went to see them they did not sing as many songs.

toasty

IT'S NOT JUST BON JOVI, ALL THE BANDS ARE GETTING GREEDY AND SELLING THE BEST SEATS AT PREMIUM PRICES! I FEEL BAD FOR THE YOUTH OF TODAY WHO WILL NEVER GET THE EXPIRENCE OF A FRONT ROW SEAT UNLESS THEY PAY THRU THE NOSE! NO MORE GA, EVERYTHING IS NOW SEATS THAT THE PROMOTERS CAN MAKE A KILLING ON! AND IF ITS NOT THE PROMOTERS, ITS THE SCALPERS! HOW DO THE SCALPERS CONTINUE TO GET ALL THE BEST SEATS! IT SUCKS!

LadyJovi

In response to "Superman", Um, no, he doesn't say " I got another leg cramp" he says "I've got another leg, I don't need this one !!!" YES I was at the concert and I heard it right the first time....as Bon Jovi put it in one of their songs,.....HAVE A NICE DAY........

Catlovergal

Thanx soo much for posting this! I felt terrible watching our Captain Kid in pain like that, but he pulled through like the true Superman that he is! Here's a little get well wish Jon..... Even though you're not feeling your best with a little time, good care and rest- It won't be long until the happy day when you're feeling fine in every way.. We all love you Jon and wish you a quick recovery! x x x

Catlovergal

Bethany

I was at that concert. He injured his leg during a cover of the Dave Clark Five's song "Glad All Over." Glad All Over was the second to last song of the night. He was jumping around on stage, and he evnded up tearing a deep calf muscle. After the concert, Jon Bon Jovi was rushed to Riverview Medical Center in Red bank, NJ. ( I have been told that his family is there alot because one of my best friend's mothers works at the hospital.)

He later took to his twitter saying that his injury will not stop him from touring. So for those of you who are going to see him in concert sometime in the future, you have nothing to worry about . He will be there.

Props to Bon Jovi for finishing off the concert, and still touring ! There are plenty of singers and bands that I know of who would have gone off stage if that ever happened to them.

What Bon Jovi did shows that he is a true performer and isn't about to let his fans down !

Props to you Bon Jovi !

RAMSON

I hope Jon is better. May God bless you. I love you so much. He was injured in the previous song.

whats on in Sydney

RAMSON

When you enter your name and email address, you'll be sent a link via email to confirm your comment along with a password. To leave another comment, just use the password you were given.

To create a live link, simply type the URL (including http://) or email address and we will make the link live for you.

whats on in Sydney

Cristy

I love them (Jon and the band) I have since about 1989.....But Jon and Richy are FINALLY looing their ages.
man that sucks...