MJ Fans -- Dying to Clean Up Tomb Graffiti

7/14/2010 8:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

An MJ fan club is on a desperate mission to clean up the recent graffiti onslaught outside the King of Pop's tomb -- claiming a few bad apples could spoil everything for MJ's non-vandal followers.

0713_michael_jackson_tomb_glove

The Official Michael Jackson Fans of Southern California
have extended an olive branch to Forest Lawn Cemetery -- where MJ is buried -- offering to clean up the recent wave of hidden vandalism outside the singer's tomb ... before the cemetery decides to ban MJ fans altogether.

A rep for the group -- which organizes a monthly pilgrimage to MJ's burial place -- tells TMZ, they want to "fix this mess" so FLC doesn't associate MJ's upstanding fans with a bunch of sharpie-wielding hoodlums.

As TMZ first reported, Forest Lawn is currently on red alert over the illegal doodles -- hunting down the artists responsible ... and threatening to ban any potential copycats for life.

No word if Forest Lawn will take the fan group up on their offer.

0713_michael_jackson_tomb_small_launch

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Anna

I love and miss you, Michael!

Annie-I'm-NOT-okay

How disrespectful to Michael and his family. There is nothing to gain for any fan to deface Michael's tomb in this way. If I were his family I would be furious.

I hope FL gives the fans another chance and that fans have learnt their lesson.

We have to live by the rules.

RIP Michael

Annie I'm Not Okay

Trish

Ban MJ fans altogether. Hahahaha... Oh yeah. Peace, love and understanding. That is a very nice gesture on that group and I like the picture TMZ. MJ fans need to keep their sharpie paws off the crypt.

Trish

MJ's alive! He's alive! Everybody, MJ is alive! Thanks Pearl Jr. Hahahaha...

Tellit

Sorry fanclub....you're sh/t out of luck there. FL won't take you up on that offer..lol
That mess has to be sandblasted then tinted to match the surrounding concrete....OR those sections of concrete are going to have to be removed and replaced....Or some special chemical applied to remove "permanent marker" graffiti.
FL won't let them touch it, nor will they be liable for any accidents that might befall the fans while on their "clean up" mission.
My bet is FL will prohibit any future gatherings of that nature.
Are the Michael Jackson rabids the only celebrity fans to have defaced FL property in it's over 100 year history?

Trish

@Tellit Say it the way it is... I checked out some of you links. Good job.

Tellit

@Tellit Say it the way it is... I checked out some of you links. Good job.
Posted at 2:34 AM on Jul 14, 2010 by Trish
__________

Hey Trish....thnx...I do try to keep it real! lol
Good to see that you're still around and active (you've survived some battles..lol)
Take care.

HumanNature

My prayers has been answer!!!

To MJ Fans in Southern Cali please try using "Goof Off or Goo Gone"!!

I am SERIOUS AND THIS IS NOT A JOKE!!!

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

susie

Trash is alive, she's alive!!!! OMG!!!!! Hahahahaha!!!!

electriczipper

No wonder it was quiet on here yesterday.All the Mj zombies were out there cleaning up the graffiti where he is planted.

Artrina

FINALLY a group of MJ fans with brains! I hope the cemetery has the grace to work with this group.

Horndog

Still waiting for a comment from the Jackson family. Anyone? Joe? La Toya? Bubbles?

Human

I can understand Fans would NEED his name to be written on the Tomb, for all to remember who he was.

Instead, the family asks for "the world" to remember him for what he has done, and to open our eyes to his innoncence...

I guess that if we want to RESPECT THEM, we have to respect their wishes and READ the FBI reports. I did. and this guys has been framed TWICE and it has been prooved...

Then why all the insults in your comments ?

His family, like any other human on this planet, needs understanding and justice, and if you want to judge michael Jackson by yourself, then go, read the FBI reports. But make your OWN mind, don't just repeat what you have been told.

I don't need to be "FAN" of Jackson to accept the jury decision. If you guys can't think about sleeping in the same bed with a child without thinking sexual... Then you should take a look at yourself... don't you think... ?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments