'Jersey Shore'

Cast Goes on Strike

7/18/2010 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cast of "Jersey Shore" is so dissatisfied over their contract situation that they refused to shoot scenes for the upcoming third season until they get a better deal ... this according to sources connected with the show.

0718-jersey-shore-getty-ex-credit
The cast was supposed to begin shooting "at home" scenes today for season three, but we're told Jwoww, Ronnie, Sammi, Pauly D and Vinny -- who are spread out between New York and Rhode Island -- told the crews they weren't shooting without new contracts.

The Situation and Snooki are supposed to shoot tomorrow, and we're told Snooki plans to do the same. No word yet on The Situation, but as we first reported ... he's having contract issues of his own.

Sources close to the show tell TMZ the cast feels they can make more money doing appearances for two months, rather than filming the show.

A rep for MTV had no comment.

Sloane

just thinking

they must feel that they are irreplaceable

don't they know that even the president is replaceable-every 4 years to be exact-and CEO's all the way to down to the cleaning crew in large companies are replaceable

almost everyone is!! exempt are the likes of Da Vinci, Michaelangelo, Stephen Hawking, Einstein, Gallileo etc.
and I'm pretty sure these morons don't fit into that category- nor have they heard of most of them LOL

Ginger

Thank goodness. Fine with me if I never see any of them again.

to little

These losers just got a contract and they wanna go on strike because producer won't let them text and make while filming. I never watch the show because there all losers.

Who is that big amazon far left side of pic? She has those cheesy implants that make her look like those cheap Vegas hooker. Just Quoting Mel Gibson

Throwback kid

Why don't they just cancel this silly show and let these losers go back to their sorry lives! How much money do they need per show? The Situation was on unemployment last year, most of these morons would be making minimum wage. It's time to say goodbye to the Jersey Shore.

Joann

I thought they had gotten the money thing straightened out before the new season started which is why they started filming the show again.

You know, let all of them out of their contract since they're stalling anyway and let them do personal appearances since they feel they can make more money that way. See how long that lasts. I'm sure the producers will have no trouble getting new people to sign on. It's not like they have talent.

??

Fire em all then see what kind of contracts they get. Just a bunch of low life wannabes anyway. No talent in any one of them, but probably plenty of STDs to go around.

alliestp

CANCEL, CANCEL, CANCEL. MTV can find idiots anywhere. Tick-Tock!!!!!!

MTV please don't give in to manipulation. The attention span of the teens watching this stupidity is minimal. They'll fall in love with the next bunch of idiot, ego centric morons that you hire.

Pierrette

....and I'm supposed to care....why? Does anybody actually watch that show? They're all a bunch of idiots to me, and that's what I got from the commercials.

Maggie

This is the best news I've heard all day!! I'm rather tired of all the stupid, ignorant, untalented wannabes that constantly scream for attention. Get over yourselves and go get an education and do something meaningful for society.

Louis

Bunch of NO TALENT bums!, that whole cast of egomaniacs can all burn in hell...PLEASE stay on strike, I hope MTV will see the light and pull the plug on this lame ass show.

Barbarascy

I don't blame these people for trying to get every dime out of MTV that they can. MTV stands to make a fortune off of this show as they have in the past with other shows. These young people are smart for getting their money. Fame is fleeting, but money, if used correctly can last. If you are going to put your life out there like they have chosen to do, you NEED to get PAID. Screw MTV. They would give me my fair share or **ck off!

April

Who the hell cares?

johnny

MTV PLEASE DO THE WORLD A FAVOR,CUT THESE FOOLS OFF,I AM PRETTY SURE THERES PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WILL ACTUALLY HVE SORT OF TALEN AND WONT TRY BEING SO DEMANDING...TELL THEM TO SCRAM

tom

Just like a good band and lead singer break off to go solo. How many succeed? Few. You get 15 mintue so milk it they are on their 16 mintue so better watch out

miley isabella

enough already!!!!!!!!! how is it that these IDIOTS are making money and people who have degrees and families are out of work???? give me a break....never watched the show and never will....these "low rent" people should go back to the "hood" where they came from.........PUKE!!!!!!