Zsa Zsa Gabor in Critical Condition

7/23/2010 6:09 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Zsa Zsa Gabor is in critical condition after undergoing hip replacement surgery earlier this week ... this according to her publicist.

0723_Zsa_Zsa_Gabor_getty_bn_

93-year-old Gabor broke her hip on Saturday -- after falling out of bed in an attempt to answer the phone at her Bel-Air home.

Gabor's publicist tells TMZ that Zsa Zsa's eyes are open, but she's not talking. We're told doctors are concerned that Zsa Zsa may have suffered a stroke.

UPDATE: Zsa Zsa's daughter, Constance Francesca Hilton, released a statement that says, "My mother Zsa Zsa Gabor is in guarded condition, is not in a coma, is talking, and is adjusting to the medications and healing process. Their are no surprises and I am with her now. Thank you."

Wishes

I hope TMZ gets an interview with the Prince about this. I always enjoy his craziness.

Village

Best wishes, blessings, and prayers to a beautiful lady for a full recovery.

And keep a cordless phone in the bed, if you don't have a cell, so this doesn't happen.

JLS

I wish her a painless and speedy recovery. She is so sweet and so pretty. God bless you, Zsa Zsa.

Lynn M

At her age, a broken hip is a very dangerous thing. While sad, this news does not surprise me in thee least. Here's hoping she comes out of this. Best wishes!

BallaBlocka

Oh no! Prince Von A-hole to the rescue again!! Hope she pulls through...

dd

Please don't interview the prince..please.

Just Sayin

i always get zsa zsa mixed up with donald trumps ex wife

DerpFace

Zsa Zsa should invest in LIFE ALERT! Help, I've fallen and I can't get up!

StarryStarryNight

here's hoping the old zsa zsa comes back and slaps somebody...preferably the prince.

missy

Prince Von A-Hole probably pushed her. It's the beginning of the end for Zsa Zsa...

bring back recent posts

" elderley" imobile patients rarely survive a week after hip replacement, typical complications r stroke cause of blood thinners or pneumonia, if she is non responsive, this will end soon for her..she doesn't know what hit her btw, and I just cringe at hearing that Prince Von Azzhole milkin the papps with one of his idiot blabbin sessions..

Politico Pablo

That's a tough operation to go through for someone her age. She must have nine lives to survive what she's been though. I hope she makes full recovery and gets to go home.

azlee

well that sucks! Hope she makes it and gets her determination back. 93 is hard when it comes to these surgeries. Enjoyed thorugh the years.

tink

God bless you ZsaZsa. You were a classy Lady. Be peaceful!

azlee

Phil, then did you get your money? (here you might win in small claims court, but you might not see the money).

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments