« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tony Hawk

Suffers 'Sheared Pelvis'

in Skate Crash

7/26/2010 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tony Hawk came to a sudden, hip-smashing halt during a half-pipe demonstration this weekend -- when a skate trick went wrong ... resulting in a "sheared pelvis and a severe hematoma."

videos
It all went down -- hard -- during a skate demonstration at the Action Sports Weekend event at Downtown Disney's Main Plaza in Anaheim, CA -- where Tony attempted to land a 540 ... and failed.

Tony was forced to roll on over to the UC Irvine Trauma Center, where according to Tony's blog, he was treated for a sheared pelvis and hematoma.

Tony has since Tweeted, "I will no longer take walking for granted."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

CriticAl

Maybe you're getting too old for this shizzle?

dkm909

Isn't Tony kind of old for these things?

Johnny Five

Agreed with post 1 and 2, and was exactly what I was going to post. Time to move on, dude.

Marcy Massura

So I actually interviewed Tony about 30 minutes before this crash. And I specifically asked him about saftey...which clearly made him uncomfortable...and he said...well, you can watch the video here. If you want...

Chuck

over 40 get a cage, AKA race cars if you want a thrill, he's 42.

Muppet

OUCH!!! Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Glenda

Sheared off. If the definition means it was cut off then it's proper. If he just scraped it badly, then that's a better example.

Either way, I am sure it's very uncomfortable.

Stevie

Too old? Hardly. Three days before this he did a 900 in front of 25,000 people in Barcelona. If you don't know skateboarding, a 900 is the trick that made him more famous and only 3 other people have ever done them. At 42 Tony is still one of the best skaters in the world. More likely the reason he fell was just that he was exhausted from being in Europe for 2 weeks and was jet lagged one day later. The man can still skate.

jessie

Dude too old for this, time to change his hobby

Gus

That sucks for Tony he needs to retire anyway.

TMZ PLEASE get some F*king moderators for your forums, I am sick and tired of these BS advertisements for dating or neo-fascist conservative douche bags. All you guys have to do is add a little bar at the bottom to flag something as abuse like ALL websites have. Thanks.

LongJohn69

The pansy. My mother hits harder than THAT!

Jeepers

So @Marcy Massura...#7...you got in his head and made him fall...is that what you're saying? Way to go. You could have killed him. I hope you're happy.

samm

Yo Tony, you're 42 years old. Time to grow up before you break a hip--oops... LMFAO. Punk.

yeah, I'm way out of line.

When I became a man, I put away childish things. Like my skateboard!

DustinM

as he is a multi-millionnaire, I would say it's more than just a hobby.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments