Suing Mad 'Idol' Reject: I'm Gonna Bring 'AI' Down

7/27/2010 6:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The guy who's suing "American Idol" for allegedly exploiting his sexual orientation says he deserves a $300,000,000 payday ... and claims he's going to "bring American Idol down."

072610_ian_video_2
TMZ ran into Ian Benardo in New York where he also berated a "bum" for asking him for directions -- before continuing to preach about how words can be hurtful.

"American Idol" producer FremantleMedia had no comment on the lawsuit.

BallaBlocka

Why does this dude keep trying to act like he's a "poor man's" Mario Cantone??

Angie

Ok, this is my third post. I'm an aussie & I had never heard off, nor seen this guy before his offensive TMZ appearances. I just had a look into him & realised that he is a talentless, desperate person who goes onto shows to get exposure because he considers himself to be a multi talented super star. Sadly he has no talent what so ever, but is desperate for fame and celebrity and will do anything for exposure.
Now I am really angry. How dare he sue American Idol for discrimination. He is just making a mockery out of real discrimination cases. The right to be able to sue for discrimination should not be abused by this tragic simpleton. Real people with real discrimination cases are out there fighting for their rights and a better, fairer world. This is all for fame and exposure and he is treating lodging a discrimination case like a mass audition or piece for his show-reel.
Tragic.

Donn

*****! Get your head out of your ass and put the gerbil back in. You better be working with AIDS research, you're next!

tony

I hope they counter-sue his ass for 300 million dollars and I hope they win and I hope he has to pay that someway somehow he SURE deserves this wake up call...GO AMERICAN IDOL USA IS ON YOUR SIDE NOT HIS!!!!

Woody

His voice is so annoying! He sounds like his has pubic hair in his mouth. Who is he calling a bum? He is no different from one now! I hope he gets countered sued after all these lies he is throwing. He is a embarrassment to the gay community.

Chris

Hey, I'm gay and this guy is an *******. I don't know what "goes on behind the scenes" at American Idol but acting like that isn't going to get anybody on your side.

Amanda

who?

loloagogo

I think the poor guy he berated on the video should sue him for discrimination. What a piece of garbage this guy is.

carlfifty

what is wrong with this guy? yelling at someone because they asked him for directions? what a piece of ****. the lawsuit is laughable. he is just looking for his 15 mins.

tessa

and this unknown gayboy is news why?

Scottie

What a prick! He wont get sh*t...plus did he just not talk to the homeless guy the way he doesn't want to be talk to? idiot.

dannylamejokes

Besides being completely ridiculous, I don't think he has a legal leg to stand on, especially for $300 Million. If i remember my prelaw class correctly, the entertainment industry is allowed to discriminate against talent based on age, gender, and sexuality.

dannylamejokes.com

mike brian

GO **** YOURSELF YOU STUPID ***GOT! RUN IN THE MIDDLE OF BROADWAY AND WAIT FOR A TRANSIT BUS TO HIT YOU.

Mike

Bring down Idol?? How it's already down and over. This guy is a moron so clearly out of touch with reality. He just trying to make himself relavent by filing a go no where lawsuit. Ignore him and he will go away. Bye bye you 15 min of non fame are over loser wanna be. The only reason he is gay is the chicks can't stand him.

Shellaney

Un-fricking-believable! The way he talked to and about the bum. Isnt that what he is sueing for? He is crazy!