Katherine Jackson -- 'I Haven't Been Doing So Well'

7/28/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson claims she "hasn't been doing so well" since MJ died -- in fact, according to a never-before-seen interview from last month, the singer's mother has basically been an emotional wreck.

0727_katherine_jackson_launch_EX
During the moving interview -- which took place before the anniversary of Michael's death -- a visibly upset Katherine claims, "Not a day goes by that I don't think about my son."

The clip was shot by the same website hawking Katherine's new book "Never Can Say Goodbye" -- and according to our source, the footage is all part of a larger documentary on Jackson's life.

As for who's behind the whole project -- we're told it's an equal partnership between Katherine and Howard Mann -- the same guy who co-wrote her book.

laura

Michael I'll never can say good bye.
I still cry you were too good for this worl...
RIP Angel Michael for you're always in my heart

Sunshine

Sad but they should have done a intervention to cure him of his addiction to drugs and boys.

TheyAreIdiots

What do you do different? You can't, and it's all sad. No one ever thinks they will outlive their kid, but it's so weird that Michael knew he woudn't live to be old and told people that. I don't get that. Maybe he just knew or sensed his fate, but he DID tell people. At any rate I still can't belive he is gone.

Jim

So the cash from the book is going to charity then? Or just cashing in? Oh wait you`ve been cashing in on him since he was just a pup.

alex

i have no doubt she mourns the loss of her son every day. the loss of a child is something no one can understand until it happens. cut this lady some slack-- she's, in the end, still, a mother who has outlived a child. now that ain't natural or easy, peeps.

CHERYL JON

I have wantedto comment on the MJ stories for years but instead shook my head with disgust with all the stories.First,my aunt lost her son and NEVER got over the lost,so it's not uncommon for Mrs.Jackson(for all those calling her anything else,didn't your parents teach u to respect ur elders)to feel the same way.
Next,she has every right to to defend her son's memory(I'm a mother also and loved everything Jackson{be4 the masses knew of the family}but just because Micheal could moonwalk doesn't mean my son could go to his home for a sleep over OR anyone else's homw I didn't know.The parents IF something happened(which we now know DIDN'T)are equally f not more so responsible-take that as a lesson NEVER TRUST YOUR CHILDREN WITH STRANGERS.Did these children act diffrently after a night with Michael as would be the case if they were raped,any night terrors acting out etc?Give it a rest please!If anyone so much as lied that my son picked a flower I'd have their butts in court if I were Mrs.Jackson.There have been lies told about them every since Mike hit it big(they were only really covered by RightOn mag.b4)As for Mr.Jackson's so called abuse-the family came from the innercity during the late 60's.He had a huge family,we GOT WHUPPINGS(yes I said WHUPPINGS)If he didn't Latoya wouldv'e been a crackhoe,Randy selling drugs on the corner,Janet-a welfare mom,or maybe not.But the fact is when you had a strict parent you KNEW NOT to do any dumb crap because you would give your soul to Jesus but your butt would be your mother's/father's.

nita

Katherine, god bless you.

Love Star Wars

Obviously he loved his mum!

Wherever you are Michael, we miss you and love your music. I am sure that you are at peace.

And your moves on stage ...... spectacular !!

dizzydiana

really, you people, why are you so cruel??????????? think about your own families are they all as pure as pure can be. No that's not possible. Katherine lost her son, so if your sister/brother lost a son would you say bad things to them, start raking up all the garbage, or would you be sympathising.

Grump

Poor Mrs. Jackson, only if she had Joe to be there for her and support her in this. She is too busy trying to take care of her grandchildren left in her care and other drama going on in that house with all those dead beats.

Anyone know the outcome of the freeloaders that were living there?

nobleday

"AW COME ON TMZ/Harvey....just 'cause you got some heat over the MJ/Hitler story....ran the MJ/Hitler pics side by side.... doesn't mean you have to bellyflop over to a slop/sob story about Ms Kate...These Jacksons haven't kept their faces out of the lens since June 25th, except during the entire Christmas Holidays...when they ALL disappeared from sight....imo...they ALL reunited with Michael Jackson for the holidays....somewhere 'at the end of/over the rainbow'...near the pot of gold."
---------
Tellit, this is such a funny post! LOL. I cannot stop laughing today at how ridiculous this whole thing has gotten! I know parts of this are truly tragic for real. But, TMZ has taken it to crazy-town which is funny. Just wish it didn't involve real people.

Jody

Greed knows no age limit.

HarlotO'Hara

she's no better than joe. she didn't stop him from abusing her children.

teebag

I find it hard to feel compassion for her feelings or for this family. It seems at every turn they find a way to capitalize on MJ's life/death. Joe can't do an interview without promoting his next big thing. Jermaine is just as bad... and don't even get me started with LaToya! Belts for sale, etc. They're only grieving because their "meal ticket" is dead. This family is full of freaks and self-importance. He's gone, you're done, period. Be thankful that you'll get residuals for the rest of your horribly self-centered lives Jacksons.