« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dennis Rodman Involved in

Massive Car Wreck

8/1/2010 10:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dennis Rodman was involved in a terrible car accident this weekend -- in which his car flipped three times -- but walked away with just a scratch on his finger.

0801-dennis-rodman-getty-exd-credit
Sources close to Dennis tell TMZ the former NBA star was the passenger in a green Range Rover traveling on I-95 in Fort Lauderdale, FL ... when one of the tires blew out. We're told the car flipped three times and Dennis had to be pulled from the car by a few good Samaritans who had stopped to help.

We're told the people who helped pull Dennis out of the wreckage later asked for autographs ... but Rodman politely declined.

Rodman's friend was transported to a local hospital and treated for head injuries.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

namers

Wow, he's one lucky duck.

Carl

If he walked away with just a scratch on his finger why was he treated for head injuries?

Robert

Will this ugly s***bag ever die ? The sooner the better.

Dani

I'm sorry but, there is a time and a place for autographs and right after helping someone get out of a Range Rover that flipped 3 times, is NOT the time NOR the place. Why did they have to mention it was green? Does that change anything?

Glad to hear Dennis is okay and my prayers are with his friend. Hope the friend will pull through 100%. Peace and Love Y'all!!

Confused

I met Dennis (unforutnately) in the mid-90s a couple of times. The first time, one of his teammates said I should get his autograph. I didn't know who he was, but I said what the hell; I fig'd my bf would like it. When I asked, he said "why do YOU want it?" I told him that, actually, I didn't, that I was asking for my bf. He scribbled a line across a flier and THREW it in my face. THREW IT. I had to duck to get from getting a paper cut in the eye. TOTAL D-BAG!

Majestik

Yuk

Dani

@Confused

LOL, he and John Sally (sp?) use to hang out at a club in Detroit called Legends, I used to hang out at too. Back in the late 80's, early 90's, I think. Been awhile and yes, he was a big jerk. John was cool but, Dennis thought he was the sh*t and to be honest, everyone there, got so used to him, they no longer treated him like roaylty and that's when he stopped hanging there.

All, too bad! NOT!!! Finally, we got our club back. Actually, we got it back long before because, like I said, everyone got tired of him thinking he was "all that". Funny you had a "bad story" of him too. Actually, sad.

Big Daddy

Man!!!!!!!!!!! Look what it did to his face. How are they going to get that metal out??? :)

the truth

Confused --i can see him doing that because he does have an attitude problem.

they should have not asked for an autograph. like people say there is a time and place for that and its definitely not after a car accident.whats going on with this world??? jeez!
hope the driver will be OK and I'm glad Dennis didn't get hurt but dont ask for autographs after something like that LOL thats crazy

My two cents ;)

Rodman sold his entire soul to the devil and in return he is not gonna get hurt or he might just be satan in the flesh...He is one evil man!

wook

pulled out of a wreck then denies an autograph, dennis has got style lol

Patruck

#3, yeah, they really saved his life....pulled him from the wreckage, preventing that finger cut from bleeding out.

JasonBR

I agree he should've gave them autographs.. I find it hard to believe he didnt. But either way why are you saying they "saved his life"? It said he barely had a scratch after. They just helped pull him out.

Karma

Wonder if he even said thank you to those people that helped him.

Sam

Rodman use to be rich now hes broke sad!!Micheal Jordan on the other hand is banging 18yr old beauties and drives one million dollar cars...Humm both have championship rings,but only one is a real champion

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments