John Legend -- My Grammy's Been in an Accident ...

8/4/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It took John Legend 26 years to win a Grammy for Best R&B Album ... but it only took his little nephews a few minutes to accidentally snap it in half ...

John Legend - Grammy Awards
John posted a picture of the mangled "Best R&B Album of 2005" award on his Twitter this morning, explaining that it was a "casualty of the nephews staying with me. I hope they send replacement grammys!"

And then, thanks to John's violent Twitter followers, he later Tweeted, "Funny how many of y'all told me to beat his ass. Haha. It was truly an accident. I'm just gonna have to nephew proof my apt a little better."

Considering he's still got five unbroken ones laying around, we think he'll be alright.

UPDATE: The Grammys just tweeted this at Legend: Don’t worry, we can send a replacement GRAMMY Award to you!

Ehécatl

He let his nephews play with his Grammy??!! No wonder he won a Grammy and not a Nobel Prize in Intelligence.

Malina

He didn't say that he let his nephews play with his Grammy, in fact he didn't tell at all how his nephews broke it so there could have been a lot of ways they "accidently" broke it.

noneofyourbusiness

You know what-he can't take it with him when he dies, so who really cares. I'm sure he was upset-but nothing to cry over. I think it's great he cares enough about his family to have his nephews stay over. Go Uncle John! I'd love to have him sing me a lullaby.

Michelle A.

I hope they give him a replacement grammy, if there is such a thing; He seems like a stand up guy.

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! It's 'all right' and not 'alright!'

kitten

BIG surprise there. Those people raise their brats to touch, mangle, tear apart, break & destroy ***t! Why do black kids (starting real little, toddlers basically) constantly break or smash things, especially that do not belong to them? It seems in seeking attention from "mom" &/or "dad" &/or "auntie LaQueshisa", these kids' instinct is to first & foremost break/destroy whatever they can get their grubby undisciplined hands on, or whatever happens to be in their path, or if they want something peacefully being played with by another child(ren). They resort to break/smash/grab...which is actually hilarious in the aftermath as whatever toy they wanted to possess at that moment is now destroyed, by said brat. And all of it seems to be just for attention. They basically learn to get attention (no matter if it is good or bad & it is at the core a need for acceptance & desperation to cling to a primal maternal bond, as there sadly is none for the majority) by acting negatively. And, as they grow, to destroy is one key way to bring focus onto their "struggle", bcuz OF COURSE, they ALWAYS have one...gawd)

Interestingly enough, then they "grow up" (using that term oh so loosely) if they detect the slightest "racial" element to any random situation, the ONLY solution is to riot, loot, steal, torch & destroy their OWN neighborhoods, streets...the whole "community".

Horndog

Nothing a little duct tape won't fix.

noneofyourbusiness

Um, kitten-you are wrong. Kids are kids, no matter what color they are and they will break stuff-a lot of times on accident. There are a lot of parents who don't actually parent or supervise their children-it has nothing to do with the color of their skin. It's a shame your own parents didn't teach you when and where to use your ignorance.

sqs

his apartment????

Sparrow

John, you should have been forewarned. Now you are...

www.s**tmykidsruined.com

Lanie

Loving the nonofyourbusiness!!!! A person after my own heart...Give em hell.....STUPIDY SHOULD BE PAINFUL!!!!!

tippy katz

My completely unwealthy, unfamous neighbor won one a few years back, for some technical, production oriented innovation he and his company came up with. I got to handle his grammy, and it seemed really cheaply made.
I'm not surprised to hear that one broke.

lizzimmer

I have 2 kids, and they break stuff even when they are on their best behavior. And they are so white they are damn near see through. So you are just crazy and stupid thinking that only black kids break things. Find me a white child that never broke anything. And do like my mom used to do when me or my brother would break something. Take a deep breath and just keep repeating "It's just a thing. It's just a thing. It's just a thing."

Truth

YEA, LOOKS LIKE PLASTIC CRAP TO ME. REAL SOLID BRONZE PLATED GOLD DONT BREAK LIKE THAT. THE KIDS FINGERS WOULD BE BROKEN INSTEAD. JUST SAYIN.

Al

Why wouldn't they replace it. It's just plastic.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments