« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Roger Huerta on Street Fight - 'I Got the Better of Him'

8/5/2010 2:01 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ just spoke with Roger Huerta -- the former UFC fighter involved in a bloody street fight in Texas this weekend -- who tells us he only got violent ... after the other guy swung at him.

080510_roger_huerta
In a phone conversation just moments ago, Huerta told us he tried to remain calm early Saturday morning when he watched some random "huge guy" punch a girl in the head in the middle of the street ... explaining, “I just don’t think that it's right to hit a woman.  Period.”

Huerta tells us, "I approached the man calmly and said, “Do you know what you just did?  You just knocked out this girl."

But Huerta claims the other guy responded, "F*ck you, f*ck these bitches, I'll knock out any f*ckin' bitch that I wanna f*ckin' knock out, I’ll knock your f*cking bitch ass out.”

Huerta added, "... and as he's saying this, he's taking off his shirt ... and at that point I was like, alright.'"

Huerta insists that he didn't throw the first punch -- and only reacted when the other guy "started swinging at me" ... and we all know what happened next.

"I got the better of him and I left," Huerta said.

The 27-year-old explained, "If that was my mom, if that was my sister, my spouse, anyone … I would’ve wanted someone to step in and do something about it.”

0805_huerta_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Melissa

SMOKEY SAID IT BEST: "YOU GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT!!!"

ALL THE ****ERS OUT THERE WHO ARE ACTUALLY DEFENDING THIS DUDE AND QUESTIONING WHAT DID THE GIRL DO TO GET SUCKER PUNCHED, I WOULD LINE YALL ASSBACKWARDS FOLKS UP 1 BY 1 AND TAKE A SUCKER PUNCH IF IT MEANT ROGER HUERTA KNOCKING YALL THE **** OUT AND BREAKING YOUR MOTHER****IN FACE. THAT FAT ASS ***** DIDNT GET HALF OF WHAT HE DESERVED!!

ON ANOTHER NOTE...WHERE THE **** WERE ALL MY GUN TOTIN TEXANS ON THAT NIGHT?? GAAWLEE FOLKS BUT IF YOURE NOT FROM TEXAS YOU JUST MIGHT NOT UNDERSTAND. COME TO MY TOWN AND DO THAT AND HE'D BE LEAVING WITH THE CORONER, HAVE HIM UP ALL DAMN NIGHT PULLING SLUGS OF ALL SIZES OUTTA THAT COWARDS ASS.

gregg

I think Tmz doctored the video , Roger Huerta is a good dude and just expanded mma fighting by millions. Women will be watching

BallaBlocka

LOL @ Antwone. Dude, you're a mess.....

gregg

this is cool, the old guy, vietnam vet in oakland about 8 mos ago whipped a black guys ass. Now roger! most blacks in a street fight will run unless they got a group with them. Cudos to Roger,

AustinTX

Guy got what he deserved, straight up. I live in Austin and people are all over this story. A guy that goes to Texas Tech said on the rivals main board that he saw it go down, outside phoenix on 5th street. Said the black guy swung, missed, Roger swung, knocked the fool out. Then 7-8 guys started stomping on his head. I'd say stomping on an unconscious dude's head is equivalent to sucker punching a girl from behind who is 1/2 your size. Justice was served. As for people dissing Roger because he's a pro fighter, if someone broke in to your house and threatened your family and you shot them but were a pro marksman or army sniper, would that be unlawful or wrong also? It was the dude's fault for starting it, unfortunately he got a tough judge and jury - Roger's fist. Get over it. The guy swung at Roger first and he got put in his place. If the guy tries to sue Roger I guarentee those 7-8 people + more will testify that the black guy swung first, the woman will sue the black dude, and he'll be outcast from society. And people speculating on the woman's involvement: 1. Don't hit a woman unless it's self defense, period. 2. Don't hit ANYONE from behind.

gregg

I am sure this sorry ass will be on the phone with Al Sharpton soon. The Mexican/American white allegiance is strong. Jesse and AL give up dudes

Bubba S

Video do***enting Roger Huerta's AMAZING story of childhood abuse and redemption that took him to El Salvador during their civil war and to Mexico where he sold picture frames on the street as a 9-year-old boy and back to the US where an Austin English teacher adopted him.

Dude is like Precious with muscles! Not saying it makes a violent outburst right but watching his story certainly adds weight to his "If that was my mom..." comment.

gregg

I think anyone with the name Antwone has some real issues lol

gregg

Your losing the war bros

SurfingEagle

It was perfectly acceptable for Huerta or anyone to verbally confront the guy, who assaulted the woman, or even detain the guy for police to deal with. Even if that piece of s*** hit a guy randomly in the back of the head, Huerta was justified in at least confronting him about it. The other guy continued to act violently and Huerta put him down. No charges should be brought against Huerta.

alex

#103/Antwone. You are the most dumbest, & ignorant person I have ever seen. This has nothing to do with RACE. Yes Roger doesn't know why this man hit a woman or what happen for him to do this so cowardly. The point is he hit a "WOMAN" from "BEHIND". DO you get it! DUMB ASS! He hit a woman! You walk away not hit a woman. I suggest you talk to your mom, grandma and sisters let me know what they think? I do understand RACE does excist but this situation its not a RACE matter.

gregg

Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Jay z who paid Rolling Stone Mag millions to be placed in the top 500 songs lol. He cant sing a tune or play an instrument. Except for Auto tune. lol

Melissa

LMAO!! I LOVE THE PULL MY FINGER BIT!

NOTHING LIKE SOME HUMOR TO LIGHTEN THE MOOD...AAAAAHH REFRESHING!!!

Algonquin

"Antwone" can't even spell his supposed name right which is Antoine. lolol He sounds just like "Anthony," another blk racist. He's probably a pimp who wears lots of imitation gold jewelry, a ring on every finger, 10 gold chains, a pink hat, etc. He's used to abuse of women, so a poor girl who got punched by the big brute means nothing to him, especially if the brute is the same ethnicity as he is.

Algonquin

Why do the supporters of the street thug who hit the woman keep saying she did something wrong? Blame the victim, eh? Just as supporters of Tiger Woods blame his wife for his misbehavior, as though he were a little child. There's no proof the battered woman did anything wrong, and she was walking away from the bully/coward who hit her from behind.

In Canada for example when two MEN get in a fight, they will give each other fair warning before swinging at each other. This GIRL, who is 1/3 or 1/2 the size of the bully, had no warning whatsoever. Talk about adding insult to injury. What a dirty, low-down dirtbag the "man" is. Hooray for Roger! He's a hero.