Flight Attendants: Steven Slater Is Our Frickin' Hero!

8/10/2010 1:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Flight attendants from airlines everywhere are rallying around JetBlue's most famous employee Steven Slater -- praising him for fighting "flight attendant abuse" and even building him a shrine ... on Facebook.

Steve Slater Facebook
TMZ has learned someone created an FB fan page for Slater less than a day ago -- which already has more than 15,000 followers ... and continues to grow by the minute.

But the most interesting part is the comment section, which has been taken over by flight attendants across the country who wish they had the cojones to do what Slater did.

One user wrote, "We (flight attendants) secretly have thought about doing this.....you are my hero for taking a stand on flight attendant abuse!!!!"

And another -- "Kudos to you, I am a former flight attendant and only wish I had the nerve to do what you did!!!!!!" And yet another -- "As a former F/A, you made my fantasy come true--you just did what we have all thought about doing a thousand times! Good Luck to you! :)"

As we previously reported, Slater -- who told off a passenger on a JetBlue flight yesterday and then abandoned ship on the emergency chute -- is charged with two counts of reckless endangerment, two counts of criminal mischief and one count of criminal trespass. His bail is set at $2,500.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

Pate

I think what Steven did was great. I've worked with the public for over 30 years. They can be rude, obnoxious and treat you like garbage.Most of the time they were great but they can put you over the top. For the people who say the customer is always right haven't got a clue. We are all people and should have respect for one another.Best to you Steven and I hope everything works out for you. .

Katie

The abusive passenger has been identified by various sources as democratic congress woman Sheila Jackson Lee. Even prior to this incident she had the reputation of expecting special treatment, calling herself a "queen" and demanding to be treated accordingly, and rude to those she feels are "beneath" her. She should be charged with assault and interfering with flight crew. Shame on the liberal media and cowards for failing to identify her. Such conduct from a public official is newsworthy and should not censored. It's a double standard to charge slater but not her. Doing so condones such inappropriate and outrageous behavior.

albert

Based on the facts I read in the news, the fly attendant made a serious mistake in venting his frustuation against the airline, while the aggravation came from a customer. Folk that interface with customers are easy target, and if they cannot take the heat they should quit the post. Slater is stupid enough to risk jail for it. I think this was a very emotional reaction that has no place in the working place. With high unemployment, we must adopt to the new realities.

tripper

I'm a hetero male flight attendant and Steven is not just 'hero' but 'uber-hero' status at my airline.

Candace

You **** heads that are saying he was in the wrong are the ones who treat customer service people with such disrespect! Just because someone is doing a service for you does not make them your bitch and give you the right to treat them like animals! Kudos to him! A human can only take so much abuse!

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8