More Evidence Slater Concocted JetBlue Blowup

8/13/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A passenger on Steven Slater's JetBlue flight tells TMZ there was no evidence of any altercation between Slater and a passenger before the now-famous flight attendant got on the loud speaker and then got on the slide.

Steven Slater Evidence
Gib Mendelson tells TMZ ... he was sitting in the middle of the plane, near an emergency exit.  Gib says, "The first indication we had of the issue was his [Steven] coming on to the PA system with his diatribe.  I did not see anything that precipitated the meltdown."

Gib adds Slater was in a bad mood during the flight -- "He obviously had a bad day."

As we first reported, authorities have not yet identified the passenger who allegedly went for the overhead bin prematurely and then cussed out Slater.  Several people involved in the investigation tell us flatly ... they doubt Slater's story.

TrueDat

Yup...there's an all out effort by the media to discredit this guy. Seriously, TMZ, a report of some passenger who didn't see and hear anything is "another" validation. Was this drafted by a pot smokin intern? Come on Harvey!

Lisa

If this turns out to be true, the nation will turn on him with a vengeance as quickly as he became a 'folk hero'. I'm interested to see how it plays out. I think JetBlue has been a class act for the way they've handled things so far.

On another note, it's not really fair for people to say 'he was just trying to get fame' or a reality show, because realistically, I don't think he EVER saw all this media attention, support, and 'fame' coming, and all the talk of reality shows was concocted by the media...I've seen it myself. It's ridiculous. They fill time playing dumb games like "should Steven Slater hook up with Snooki on JS" and "what kind of reality show should Steven Slater be on". Ugh.

DANA

did you you all noticed when his lawyer get press before answering what happened he asked him something on his ear which was proly whether to tell the fake story with the 2 women passanger. And what is freaking me out the dude is always smiling while cameras are on him. Looks like some idiotic moron who need to be put behind bars ASAP !!!!!!!!!

Shread

Flight Attendants are functioning idiots. I've been flying for close to 30 years on business and i have never once met one worthy of a conversation. Most are lazy, combative uneducated creeps in a neatly pressed uniform. They deserve the treatment that they get because its usually what they give out. Zero sympathy and zero tolerance for them.

hung and dashing

Originally, I think I heard there were no more than 100 people on board that flight.

On the Aug. 10th it was reported in the media:
"Slater's attorney, Howard Turman, said his client had been drawn into a fight between two female passengers over space in the overhead bins as the Pittsburgh-to-New York flight was awaiting takeoff. Somehow, Slater was hit in the head, Turman said. After JetBlue Flight 1052 landed in New York, one of the women who had been asked to gate-check her bag was enraged that it wasn't immediately available, Turman said."

Okay, what I don't get is how no one saw or heard such a scafuffle as the plane is taxing to the gate? And if investigators talked to everyone who was on that flight for only 5 minutes each, they would have been done with that 3 days ago. Yet, none of the passengers remotely fits the original description of two women who were fighting?? One or the other woman would have probably said something - just to point a finger at the other.

And WHO did the plane think Slater was addressing when he got on the intercom and directed his comments to the passenger who called him a Muthaf...?

Yet, it is also weird that none of the rest of crew seemed to notice anything or intervene. How could the other flight attendants (never mind passengers) have a clue as to what might have been occurring on the plane?

But what is also weird is that looking at the security tape of Slater's use of the slide, why did he feel he "needed" to do that when clearly the walk-tunnel was already connected to the exit door on the other side of the plane? Why didn't he simply exit the main, regular, terminal-side door since it was ready anyway? What was he avoiding? And why? Since HE didn't do anything but get hit in the head (supposedly) by passengers committing federal crimes of their own?

And lastly: If SCHOOL BUSES have cams inside of them, why don't cabins on major airlines also have cameras trained on the aisles?

StarryStarryNight

he's as big a quack as balloon boy's dad.

Karen S

Just because one passenger didn't see the incident doesn't mean it didn't happen. Just because the police has not identified the passenger that Slater had the altercation with doesn't mean she doesn't exist. Wow. TMZ is reaching here & trying to discredit Slater & has yet to show pure evidence that he made this up. The last two post show nothing but speculation.

DANA

As far as I know there is a thing called black box which is recording everything in the plane and also theres a lot of passangers who came out saying the story is fake.
What a lying ****.
I also had one bad expirience with one flight attendand, he called me gay just beacuase I didnt return him back Hello when I was geting in the plane,I coudnt belive my ears and I turn around the guy behind me said: I shoudnt have say that.
And the ****ing moron flight attendand said: Sorry.
I should have punch him.
All flight attendands like this moron shoulb be crusified.

DANA

@ Karen S
It was not one passanger who didnt see the incident. It was 0. Noone saw it. They all just saw the freak was acting out.
If there was one passanger who will cover him he could save his ass, but that didnt happened so far.

Posted at 6:10 PM on Aug 13, 2010 by Karen S

Patty

He is such a weirdo...I wouldn't want him on my plane!

bob

He was just havin' a "hithy" fit!

edward przydzial

pandering to the ghey west hollywood tmz crowd. not a news story. fraud. this is why we don't get REAL news.

edward przydzial

"ghey and fruity seeking attention..." there are thousands in west hollywood just like this douche bag. anyone remember the homosexuals who placed hung representations of palin and mccain up during halloween during the election here in los angeles? well, here you go... another queer seeking attention and since the media are nothing but stenographers for the liberal left progressives well here's what you get instead or real news... ;) does anyone think balloon boy's dad may have dabbled in a bit of bi-sexuality or maybe obama hope plagiarist shepard fairey? the gayer you are the more the left loves you, bend over, suck it up (literally) and you're in!

StarryStarryNight

He was just havin' a "hithy" fit!

Posted at 6:25 PM on Aug 13, 2010 by bob

ROFLOL!!!

Karen S

@DANA
I was just referring to the story TMZ printed, not to the fact that no one has come forth to back him up. I agree with you. It's odd that no one has yet. I am in wait and see mode at the moment.

@ Karen S