« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Divorce Docs

'Irretrievably Broken'

8/23/2010 5:22 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has obtained the divorce documents filed in the Tiger Woods split ... in which the marriage is described as "irretrievably broken."

Tiger, Elin Woods Divorce

According to the docs, Tiger and Elin Nordegren reached a settlement agreement way back at the beginning of July -- July 3rd and 4th.

Elin says in the docs that she wants her maiden name restored -- Elin Maria Pernilla Nordegren.

According to the documents, both Tiger and Elin have each completed a 4-hour parenting course.

UPDATE: We've also obtained the final judgment papers. It states the marriage "is hereby dissolved because it is irretrievably broken." In addition, Elin's request to restore her maiden name was granted.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

She is looking HOT and a hundred Million$ make her look delicious!

azlee

when I got divorced my ex was really insulted I didn't want his name anymore. I wanted my maiden name, not a name that wasn't mine.

Kay

She'll do fine, and he'll always wonder what any woman who's willing to date him really wants. Money or fame, of course. I don't think he'll be marrying any of his hookers any time soon, and what decent woman would have him?

Sensible Grandma

WOULD HAVE BEEN VERY DIFFICULT TO REPAIR THIS MARRIAGE. HOPE TIGER LEARNS FROM THE MESS HE CREATED. WHY WOULD ELIN WANT TO KEEP HIS LAST NAME? EXCEPT FOR THE KIDS, SHE PROBABLY WANTS TO DISTANCE HERSELF FROM HIM.

Lemonade

Congratulations Elin. You're young, beautiful, mega-wealthy, moral, and a good mother. There are thousands of good men who would love you for who and what you are.

Nancy

Tigr needs to start using sunscreen.

Cooper

...in which the marriage is described as "irretrievably broken."
Sounds like something Dr. "Obvious" (Dr. Phil) would say. I know it's the standard phrase but nonetheless.......

TMZgossip

I must admit, I was surprised she accepted just $29 Million + child support ($20 K per month + yearly balloon payments into a trust for each)

well done Elin!!!!!! Your decorum during this sorted affair was more then commendable!!!

mjfan212

TEAM TIGER ALL THE WAY

naplessell

Mike Myers should team up with Tiger on SNL - the search for Tiger's mojo, grrrr baby!

Lee

I am pleased that Tiger can now get on with his professional life. He should not have married in the first place for many reasons. I trust he has learned a lesson and can live a positive life. Lee

me in Canada

Divorce is always difficult regardless of the cir***stances. Elin will go on happily with her life in Sweden and Tiger will continue on his downward spiral into that dark hole and he will continue to suck at golf. His days of being #1 are over and he has no one to blame but himself. Looks good on you A hole!

Patricia

Sad !!

Brotherman

Let this forever be a lesson to Tiger, his fellow rich athletes and every straight man in America: Don't get married and don't have kids especially with the wrong woman!!!

Go to w.w.w.n.o.m.a.r.r.i.a.g.e.c.o.m

SureThing

Good riddance. She would have to been certifiable aka "crazy" to stay with him. Double good riddance in that she back his sorry azz name. It amazes me how these athletes demand these prenups and end up screwing anything that moves. THEN don't wanna pay up. Being placed at risk to contract AIDS is a risk that deserves $$ over and above any "prenup," or that it be voided altogether. Hopefully, she squeezed his azz dry.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments