Joey Lawrence -- Painful Script Ripped My Cornea

8/27/2010 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joey Lawrence is a sight for sore eyes -- according to source on the set of his new show, the actor "ripped his cornea" during rehearsal yesterday ... when someone jabbed him in the eye with a script.

Joey Lawrence
Here's how it all went down ... Joey was standing behind his co-star Melissa Joan Hart on the set of "Melissa & Joey" when another actor, who was holding a script in one hand, leaned in to hug Melissa.

According to eyewitnesses, the script-holder underestimated his reach ... and accidentally stabbed Joey right in the peeper.

We're told Joey immediately went to see a doctor -- and learned the script-jab "ripped his cornea."
Sources tell us Joey's eye is healing well and he'll be back at work tomorrow night.

Whoa!

Kim

I've actually done this to myself. It was the MOST painful experience of my life. It literally had me dropping to my knees in pain. I was out of work for a week not able to open my eye.

JJ

The cut of the eye is probably as painful as watching the show.

Supposed to be on the "Family" channel, yet the show constantly makes innuendo's about sex. Not what I want my kids to watch for the "family values channel".

L

Seriously, how gay is Joey Lawrence?

MariJoy

The very same thing happened to me at work - a bit painful & he will use antibiotic ointment for a little while but it's really not that big a deal.

Sultry

joey joey u so fine! hope u feel better soon. i thought joey should have won DWTS. he was excellent!

sultry siren

Love u Joey! Hope your fine a** feels better real soon, cuz you sure can't look any better. you good lookin chicken. i thought Joey should have won DWTS. He was GREAT! glad to see u back on the screen working. Team Joey!

Katie

Aw poor guy. That sucks. I would hate to have anything happen to my eye. It seems like that's the worst place you could get cut.

g money

he's still around?????????????????? wow really!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A R

the best photos of Joey Lawrence have always been from the waist down :)

Davinci

holy s**t plus tmz rocks in regards to the comment made by commenter #9.

maliamai30

At the most you put a salve in and patch it for a while so you don't constantly tear up because blinking hurts so much. We used to have to use a numbing drop just so our patients could keep their eye open long enough to check their vision and eye pressure!...

Jeff

Lol... I had a literal paper cut on my eye when I was in the first grade... It was so deep that if I opened my other eye I would scream in pain... Suck it up, "what doesn't kill you makes you Stranger."

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2