Fantasia

Do As I Say,

Not As I Do (Or Say)

8/29/2010 4:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Fantasia Barrino admittedly took a whole bottle of aspirin because she "wanted it to be over with" -- but in a Las Vegas club Friday night, she made the whole incident seem like something that was done to her ... not something she did to herself.

0829_fantasia_barrino_video_tmz
It's been three weeks since her "suicide attempt" and Fantasia has gone back to shooting her reality show and promoting her new album. She performed at Rain nightclub over the weekend where she told the crowd, "They thought I was finished, they thought I was done, they counted me out. But I will never, ever stop. I don't care what nobody say about me ... Don't let your haters stop you. Don't let nobody stand in the way of your destiny."

Just a few days ago, Fantasia told VH1 (the network that airs her reality show), "I wanted to go to sleep and just be at peace. I knew exactly what I was doing. You can't accidentally take a whole bottle of pills."

She knew what she was doing all right.

Celebrities Suck

She's a home wrecker, so what is she talking about her haters? So many single men out there and she picks a married one? Hell yeah you're going to have people hate you, that is totally disrespectful! Are you fcking ****ting me? KARMA will kick you right in your ass" give it time!!!

Jacqueline13

When the grocery store cam sees her coming, they hide all the aspirin and tylenol, afraid of a lawsuit.

LMN

Who kills themself by taking a bottle of asprin? I know attempts are a cry for help, but hers was a cry for publicity. Get OVER yourself already...no one really cares....and as #1 says, brush up on your chinese so you can meet our new masters!

Dani

I have no respect for this woman. This was nothing more then a publicity stunt. Other then leaving this comment, I won't watch, listen or buy into anything she does. Not giving her a dime of my hard earned money nor should you.

The quicker we all unite and come together and do this, the quicker she will disappear from the spotlight. TMZ, you ought to be ashamed for even posting a story on her. I know I'm ashamed to see it on your site. You're just like the rest of them....buying into what this pathetic waste wants.

Teddrick

What are y'all expecting? Perhaps you would be happy if she were out promoting suicide like Rihanna's Russian Roulette song. You seem mad that she's not somewhere sinking deeper into a depression trying suicide again. Instead she is being smart about it, if people can try to use her troubles against her to bury her, then it's only smart of her to use them to elevate herself. All she did was date a grown man, she didn't rape and kidnap him, she committed no crime. It's not like she got on drugs like Eminem, or went to jail for committing a crime like Lil Wayne and T.I. Those things only seemed to help their record sells too yet the media isn't calling their troubles publicity stunts.

watcher 1

HONEY, ONLY LOSERS TRY TO COMMIT SUICIDE TO TRY AND SHORE UP THEIR CAREERS. YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A MARRIAGE WRECKING WHORE AND THAT IS ALL THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO REMEMBER YOU FOR. GO BACK TO THE GUTTER WHERE YOU BELONG AND MAKE MONEY BY TURNING TRICKS. ITS ALL YOU ARE GOOD FOR SLUT.

Joe Jackson an illiterate child abuser

Didn't LeeannRymes steal a married man with children recently?? And what about Angelina Jolie and all the others? Why isn't Nancy Grace and the rest of you not focusing on Lee Ann etc.? NO NO NO They are liily white, poor Fantasia is trash black!! I guess!!

Muppet

I hope Fantasia stays strong for herself and her daughter. She made a mistake as everyone does. She needs to rise above it and ignore the hate people spew out at her. She needs to remember that jealous people love to kick someone when they're down. She needs to remember this too shall pass. :D

sassynjazzy

Dont hate TMZ.... Look at all these Hatin A*s HATERS on here ! BOOOO to all of you !!!!!
(no replys or comments will be read or acknowledged)

Dani

Follow-up to my post to why I said what i said....

if this was all true about her then she would have taken time off to HEAL not self promote! Big difference! Spend time in therapy and with your family/daughter. Not in the SPOTLIGHT!

Get HELP not sell records. Of course, same class of people trying to save her career as she is...trash!

vics0430

Don't compare this trash to Rihanna!!!!! Are you kidding? It's not that anyone wants to see her fail, she is just nasty and trashy! Always playing the "I'm a single mother and black strong woman" I'm sorry but she is not!!!! YOU ARE A BAD SORRY AS* ROLE MODEL!

uhHuh

what a dumb-ass.
what an idiot~aspirin?? OH PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZzz....someone please watch my show...what a piece of TRASH~oh yea, and she screws married men who hump the ugly big mouth bitch for her money that she can't even manage....
why is she here?? alot of chumps can sing, she's not special

WHO CARES!!

Marc

The timing of this is convenient to her new album. Nice PR

wtfdude

She not going anywhere fast with her music which she will probably kill herself over it . Is fame more important than your life ? If so ? Than your a loser in the first place

lipstickchick

ASPIRIN?? All that is going to do is give you a really bad stomach ache and diarrhea. If she really wanted to kill herself, she would have tried something a little stronger. Like Sominex or Gravol.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments