Edyta -- 'Dancing' Stomped on My Career Plans

8/30/2010 6:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hot-bodied professional dancer Edyta Sliwinska claims she's officially done with "Dancing with the Stars" -- telling TMZ she quit over a major disagreement with the show's producers.

0830_Edyta_Sliwinska_getty_ex_03

Edyta -- who danced with the show since its first season in 2005 -- tells TMZ, "The producers' vision of what they wanted my career to be did not meet my expectations. They wanted my career to be the show. I can't be a dancer my whole life."

Edyta also claims she was bummed over the way producers dealt with her husband -- Season 1 champ Alec Mazo -- telling us, "I want to work more with my husband and [the producers] didn't make him a big part of the show or very involved."

As for Edyta's post-DWTS plans -- she tells us, "I am also going back to school to get my degree in Communications and Dance. I also have more projects that I want to work on."

However, a source close to the show tells TMZ Edyta is still under contract ... which means she just can't waltz away.

A rep for the show had no comment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

Looks kinda hot and difficult!

Fiama

She was the SOLE reason I watched the show. I was always mad at the shoddy way they treated her and Alec. The show needs them, not the other way around.

Jimmy Jam

Go ahead and quit. Nobody cares. There are hundreds of girls as talented as you are who would do whatever it takes to have the job you're quitting. Ingrate!

LAWRENCE

She may have the most perfect body of all time. I wish I was her panties.

Chris

Exquisite body and dancer...a real beauty...you will be missed.

towlam

She was the best dancer. She still is the best dancer without all the drama.

reallyirked

I think she is one of the best dancers. Julianne is good too but she is overhyped. They always give Edyta someone stinky so she will never win. They give Derek and Julianee and Cheryl the best partners or at least who they think will be the best.

Debbie

Come on Dancing with the Stars just renegotiate a contract we want her to remain with the show. Edyta, Dereck and Julianne are the best.

Chris

She was annoying on the show....Hey morons at ABC get rid of that UGLY turd Mark Ballas, that piece of sh*t doesn't belong on the show.

I say morons to ABC because of thee lack of talented people they cast on this years season. I mean c'mon the following LOWLIFES aren't stars....like Sarah Palin's daughter, The Situation, Octoturd?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????

I feel very bad for the only quality on the show this season and that is Florence Henderson, sadly she will be surrounded by LOSER this season.

Straight Talkin Texan

That's my favorite move by her in that pic! AWESOME!

I get tired of her skimpy outfits, but if I had her body, I'd probably show it off too. It's too bad that they always give her crappy partners.

tlm

They need to get rid of Maksim AND Derek. They both have egos the size of Montana.

CDS

I heard it's because she's anorexic.

Freaks!

Lol, someone who has no clue how good she has it. If she doesn't like her talent 'dancing', just be a waitress.

She can be "outsourced" by a million other dancers who would gladly take her place.

Welcome to 2010 where people are disposable commodities.

observer

She should have just worn a g-string and been done with it. I think her lack of clothes was disgusting on a show in that timeslot.

Anyone can show off their fake boobs like she did, but none of them did to the extent that she did.

freckles

@cds You do not have a body like that when you are anorexic. You look sickly!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments