Paris Hilton

Charged with

Drug Felony

8/30/2010 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton will be charged with possession of a controlled substance -- .8 grams of cocaine -- this according to documents obtained by TMZ ... and it's a felony.

0830_paris_hilton_launch
We're told the D.A. filed the case today.  You can read the criminal complaint and the police report in this post.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the cop who stopped the Escalade pulled along the passenger side of the vehicle and smelled "the strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle."

The cop writes he noticed immediately the passenger was Paris.  He then observed her trying to roll up the window.

After the traffic stop and a crowd of 100 people gathered around, Hilton said she was "extremely embarrassed" and asked the cop if she could go to the bathroom at the Wynn Hotel.

At the hotel, Paris told the cop she needed lip balm so the cop handed Paris her purse: "As she began to open it, I saw a small bindle of what I believed to be cocaine in a clear baggie begin to fall from the purse and into my hand."

The cop also says ... inside the purse was a "broken tablet of Albuterol" -- a prescription medication used to control wheezing.  And cops say they found Zig Zag wrappers ... commonly used to roll joints.

Paris then admitted the Albuterol was hers but she said the cocaine was not and claimed the purse was not hers -- that she had borrowed it from a friend.  The cop questioned Paris about the cocaine and according to cops Paris gave an odd answer: "She said she had not seen it, but now thought it was gum."

Note:  Paris has changed her story with friends, saying the purse was hers but had been in the possession of a friend.  Paris claimed to cops several cosmetic items in the purse were not hers, but she copped to $1,300 cash and some credit cards.

Cops say they found .8 grams of coke in the purse.

0830_hilton_arrest_footer

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Mindy

I'd never wish this on anyone, except her.

Angea

see darling little rich girl Paris - if it is in your purse, you are in possession.

Maybe she will get 2 days in jail and we can again watch he have a melt down... Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time.

mista

Wow!!! Felony...Lets see her money get her out of this one.

Jay

COP: Mam what is this white substance in your purse?

Hilton: Ummm baby powder for my big feet (smiles).

COP: Mam this just tested positive for cocaine.

Hilton: Ummm ok it is a breath mint that my friend Lindsay Lohan gave me HONEST!

Hilton: Ok ummmmm this isnt my hand bag I grabbed it from a friend to make my outfit more cute.

Hilton: Ummmmm ok listen this is the truth this time: I let my friend borrow my bag and she left her cocaine in the bag and well I know I look coked up right now but honestly it is not mine. Officer other peoples drugs are found on me all the time HONEST!

Jamie

I hope this will finally show her that she is NOT above the law and that $$$ can't buy you out of EVERYTHING!! I hate to see these spoiled rich girls getting away with everything...

noneofyourbusiness

Still hate Lindsey Lohan more!

Not a Denise fan

Someone throw the book at this loser.

Jeansgeans

So if she was just a passenger isn't it unlawful to search her personal belongings if she was not the driver and did nothing wrong? Just wondering.

J

So, the cop smelled pot. Where's the pot? Sounds like he had no reason to pull them over! I don't think it will stick.

ilove95037

"That's not MY purse" - HA - she's officially a druggie now. Seems she watches "Cops", too!

Jay

@8 No, cops search passengers in vechicales all the time. The fact is pot was being openly smoked right infront of Hilton. Therefore the police had every right to suspect that she too may be holding drugs.

Hey if you do not want to be searched by the police while your holding do not drive around in a car with someone openly using drugs.

Seems like the cops suspicions were right on this one, case closed.

Joann

She may be charged with a drug felony but she won't be doing any time. Her lawyer will get her off. This is another waste of the taxpayer's money.

PoorEllen

Paris does need to learn a valuable lesson. Paris you are not above the law!!!! She needs to do some prison time.

Mindy

@Jeansgeans - they didn't search her, it fell out of her purse. Read the post!

Jay

Yeah, EVERYONE wants Paris in the slammer for NOTHING! I hate when they try to make an example out of a celeb., while real criminals roam free. Stupid laws!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments