Paris Hilton

Charged with

Drug Felony

8/30/2010 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paris Hilton will be charged with possession of a controlled substance -- .8 grams of cocaine -- this according to documents obtained by TMZ ... and it's a felony.

0830_paris_hilton_launch
We're told the D.A. filed the case today.  You can read the criminal complaint and the police report in this post.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, the cop who stopped the Escalade pulled along the passenger side of the vehicle and smelled "the strong odor of marijuana coming from the vehicle."

The cop writes he noticed immediately the passenger was Paris.  He then observed her trying to roll up the window.

After the traffic stop and a crowd of 100 people gathered around, Hilton said she was "extremely embarrassed" and asked the cop if she could go to the bathroom at the Wynn Hotel.

At the hotel, Paris told the cop she needed lip balm so the cop handed Paris her purse: "As she began to open it, I saw a small bindle of what I believed to be cocaine in a clear baggie begin to fall from the purse and into my hand."

The cop also says ... inside the purse was a "broken tablet of Albuterol" -- a prescription medication used to control wheezing.  And cops say they found Zig Zag wrappers ... commonly used to roll joints.

Paris then admitted the Albuterol was hers but she said the cocaine was not and claimed the purse was not hers -- that she had borrowed it from a friend.  The cop questioned Paris about the cocaine and according to cops Paris gave an odd answer: "She said she had not seen it, but now thought it was gum."

Note:  Paris has changed her story with friends, saying the purse was hers but had been in the possession of a friend.  Paris claimed to cops several cosmetic items in the purse were not hers, but she copped to $1,300 cash and some credit cards.

Cops say they found .8 grams of coke in the purse.

0830_hilton_arrest_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21

Jean

Paris has a problem; but she was not driving that car and in most states the amount of drugs on her would mean just a very small fine. The problem with Paris is that she lies so much she doesn't realize it!!! Her lies are going to get her into more trouble than the small amount of drugs being found on her!!
To those who think she lives off her parents' moolah; she doesn't. She does have several businesses that she runs-even though I don't know when she is running them since she is partying all the time! She also gets paid huge amounts just for showing up at some of those parties. Wish I had THAT job!!!!

Letty

she has the purse on her twitter page saying I love my new Channel purse and she has also been photographed with it. She it is her's. She is also giving blondes a bum rap she thought the Coke was GUM. She"ll do a few days in Vegas Jail and they'll release her. Be careful DA in Nevada if you dont come down hard on her then from here when ever you try to convict someone for the same crime they will expect the same treatment as Paris.

cocoapuff

Why would you ride in a car with anyone who is wasted. PARIS do you remember what happened to Princess Diana---allegedly a drunk driver and a car crash. Those law officers deserve Honorable Mention. Impaired drivers are liable to crash. This is serious and not hot. Time to wake up and get help for your problems. Princess Diana rip

none

Paris Hilton police report says the cocaine fell out and then the officer put it back and zipped it waited for another officer to witness him open the purse take the drugs out, something really smells fishy here

mspaap

It wasn't her drugs da*mmit! That other girl put the drugs in her purse da*mmit! She was set up da*mmit!

It is also a well known fact in the judicial system that the penalty for possessing crack far supersede sentences giving out to people who do cocaine.

Thank GOD for PRESIDENT OBAMA signing legislation that addresses this injustice.

Now in Paris Hilton's case, she is being ostracized by you haters mostly because she is pretty and comes from a rich family

If this was true, I'd be more concerned about her ruining herself physically and mentally, that is why I know you others projecting your hate for rich people at Paris Hilton.

Like Gomer said, SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!
Like I say, "I'm ashamed for you." Now go play nice.

Julie

Seems like I remember that "the family" was quite fed up with her last time she did time. Maybe this time they will disown her and she will have to .......*GASP*.....get a job.

Julie

kevin

This girl will get away with it. HOW!! Please tell me HOW!! The is cocaine on her. She left the state I know if your under investigation you can’t leave the state, but if you have tons of money you can get away with everything.

nikola

yoo paris .hi.//;.'(:

christina

PLEASE get this to paris...please

Paris,

I hope you get this,

I am a nobody, Someone from california that moved to texas...

Hear me out please.

I believe you have a beautiful heart. I know why I see smiles everytime your name is spoken.

Im 21 years old female 5'3 blonde.( I get called"dumb blonde" alot)

You warm my heart when I think about you. I happy there are people like me on top, that can give that love.

I know you probably will ignore this(or maybe you wont, I wouldent)

If you ever have no one to turn to, or you fall...please email me..I will pawn all my things to help you.

I dont say this because your a star, I say this because Im like this to everyone..

I email stars alot, but none every reply...and thats ok, as long as they know im here to help.

I love.

I hope.

Im not trying to tute my horn, I just really want to love everyone, regardless if they dont want the love.

And some one who gives love to people is worth giving love to(you=])

Dont think I dont help non-stars too...because that I love to do too, and will continue.

Im here..no matter what anyone says...and Im true...I always was and am.

I dont know what else to say...

Paris please have a wonderful life, if you answer me ill be glad...if you dont, thats fine too.

Just live your life how you want to, and be yourself=]

<333 always Tina=]

alterna

christina peris dont give a dam about u and never will lol get with program u come off as a psyco for real hahahhehehehehe

alterna

I hope u go prison for more than 4 years and u come out crazy and psycoed lmao

NOJUSTICE

She is a criminal, she needs to get punished like everyone elese when she brakes the law, which she did, however money talks and she will walk, while other people with no money who did the same thing will due time for life. WE have a sad world and a sad justice system.

Previous 15 Comments | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21