Sam Ronson's Dog Cadillac Hits the Road

8/31/2010 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Samantha Ronson's bulldog Cadillac has beat a hasty retreat from L.A. after a fatal run-in with a neighbor dog ... sources tell TMZ -- and we found out Cadillac has a biting record.

0910_media_removed_H#D2D7F0
We've learned Sam sent her beloved bulldog packing for the East Coast to live with family  ... after the dog killed a 3-pound Maltese that was roaming the hallway without a leash Monday in Samantha's West Hollywood apartment building.

Sam -- who had worked the night before -- was at home sleeping when the attack occurred.  Some of her friends were in her unit.  We've learned the friends told Animal Control they heard a human scream and then opened the door and found Cadillac in the hallway alone -- there was no blood on the floor or on the bulldog.  None of Sam's friends are copping to allowing Cadillac to get out of the unit.

0830_dog_tmz_ex_3

We've learned Cadillac previously bit another dog in the building and Sam agreed to send the pooch to a 3-week doggie boot camp for socialization.  Cadillac returned home just 5 days ago.

Neighbors tell TMZ Cadillac had also bitten a person in the building but we could not confirm it.

Tiger is the first fatality.

JenniSchue

THIS! This is EXACTLY WHY there should be classes that are mandatory on certain breeds, I've owned several 'Bully' Breeds myself, and that they have HORRIBLE STEREOTYPES! Because IGNORANCE IS IN CONTROL OF THEM! If there were instances before and everyone knew about the previous instances. And her dog she be brought back to CA, and SHE SHOPULD NOT GET AWAY WITH THIS! Her STUPID friends and especially her ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THAT POOR DOG AND GIRL! What? Did she drive the dog out to New York in a White Ford Bronco? Does Cadillac have tiny Bruno Maglis?

Bubba

She's not self centered in the least is she? As long as her dog is ok what's the problem? What peice of crap both she and the mutt are.

boricua4669

There's a lesson to be learn here, DON'T MESS WITH A LESBIAN DOG !! EVER !!

Cookie

Irresponsible dog owner.

xd

Man this sucks! Poor dog and owner!! Hard to imagine being a loving dog owner being on either side of this. Sam was smart to send her dog out of town for its life but what will she do for the dead dogs owner? Major lawsuit if I were her. I would have also fought for my dogs life because my dog would do the same if I were in danger. But Sam wasn't in danger was she? Breed maybe the difference here. My dog being lab/shepherd mix protective only of me the owner were in danger and would even then never kill another animal. I am sick over this story for both dogs. Cops need to get the truth though and make a move if the bulldog was the culprit, sorry to say even if the dog was protecting its territory. Cant be allowed to kill other dogs!

iFart

What a horrible thing to have happened...it's my worst nightmare. I've had to snatch up my small dog plenty of times because of other aggressive dogs, and I'm always on guard in that respect. What good is doggy boot camp if the owner isn't there to learn how to be a responsible dog handler? Not sure why the maltese was allowed to roam the hallway unleashed, but that's not really the issue, having a vicious dog in the building is. Samantha's bulldog should be taken away from her and given to someone who will take her aggressive nature seriously. In the meantime, she should be banned from owning another dog, and I hope the owners of the maltese sue her ass off. Maybe with some harsher penalties, people will wake the hell up! RIP Tiger.

Superman

If true, the dog is should be put down and she's going to be sued. Nice. Nice photoshop, too.

But to clarify, which dog was "roaming the hallway without a lease"? Both dogs? Then, how was the owner attacked? And how come animal control left without taking the dog?

Breeze

FFS. Two dogs roaming unleashed in an apartment common area?! Both owners were at fault. Each should be charged a large fine, required to take classes on pet laws and responsibility, do 200 hours of community service at an animal shelter and be prohibited from owning a dog for at least 5 years. Sadly though, the dogs were the ones who paid the price.

Shuffle Demon

She knows the dog had bitten people before and sent the dog to a school to get it socialized?? Sorry but it really is dependant on the owner and the dog,if you don't scoilaize your dog when it is young it is going to be agressive to other dogs as it just doesn't know better and the instinct is here to protect its turf. Yes there are some breeds of dogs that no matter what seem to be nbeyond help, that isn't exactly the case, it all really has tp do with the dog and the lineage to a point, but in reality it is really on the owner to do this, this sounds to me like a dog that doesn't get the attention it needs, regardless she knew this dog had a history of being agressive woth peeople and possibly animals. and of course she is going to send the dog away , because if the animal control autorities took it they would have kept it for at least 10 days to see how the dogs behaviour was, and if it exibited the behaviour it has towards people or other animals as it had in the past or in this case the dog would have been euthanized. to me she should face charges it is her dog and ultimatly it's her responsibility to keep care and control of this dog...you can bet she will be getting sued and rightly so...if you want to drive you have to be responsible, and the same goes with your pets

Jessica

Unruly pitbull should be put away. And I'm not talking about the dog.

Elsa

If I was her... id save my dog (even though it did harm) and relocate to another state. I feel bad about anyone's dog dieing before its time. And dogs arnt humans, they cant rationalize and understand rules about this stuff. The dog did what a dog does, fight. And Id rather flee the seen then have my beloved buddy have his life ended short for his natural instincts.
IDK, its not the right thing, but still...

Anon E Mouse

I don't think it is fair to blame Ronson.
If one of her idiot friends let the dog out then it is their fault.
The dog only did what was in its nature.
This is why when you reach a certain age, kick your friends out and only have them over occasionally for a party or get together.

Blue Lake

Sam is a total failure as a human being and dog owner. Go smoke more, skank.

Andolini

The dog is better looking that her..I thought Lesbians all had cats??? She's just butt ugly..

couturegodess