Jennifer Lopez

'American Idol' Deal

Imminent

9/2/2010 4:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Lopez is in the final stages of negotiations with "American Idol" -- and we're told it's all but a done deal and Jennifer will be the last critical link in the chain.

0802_jennifer_lopez_EX_getty
Sources connected to the negotiations tell TMZ ... contrary to some news reports ... there has been no drama and no diva demands.  As one source puts it, "It's been typical negotiating."

We're told ... absent a last-minute snag (which is highly unlikely) ... the deal could be inked as early as next week.

"Idol" sources say producers believe Jennifer is the key to re-energizing the show.

janja

this is the worst thing they could have done to try and save this show, she's a robot and her husband will tell her what to say. The little idiot will be there all the time driving everyone crazy on the set. He's known for it, she won't last it's just like ellen I said it was a bad fit and this is worse.

Leighanne

I WILL NOT not watch if this is true. She cannot sing, and the only reason she is popular at all is because of her big ass.... She should just GO AWAY

B-rad

LOLOLOL!!! And to think, I was already not going to watch because of Steven Tyler.....Now it's guaranteed. Wow...I'm supposed to believe that this show is a Kingmaker when they use Jesters as the judges?...No thanks. If they want a better show, STOP picking already established "talent", Lose the judges entirely since they don't actually contribute to who the winner is, and actually use real people. Open the contest up to EVERYONE. Record labels are dead, because of their old school customs, rules and demographics.

Tinalouise

UGH UGH UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know how she is going to judge anyone since her own singing career sucks balls(just recall her horrid New Years Eve performance)and she is such a narcissist everything will be about her and she will most likely be jealous of any and all of the women contestants!! Bring on Dolly or Gladys Knight, someone with experience and most importantly TALENT!!!

CubanB

American Idull is done.

Wallycrawler

Oh how da mighty have fallen!

I'm wondering if all those Scientology classes her hubby rammed down her throat killed her career? Her choices seem to be crazy in the last 5 years. That's also the same time she hooked up with that lame Latin lothario and that cult!

I give A.I. a season till it's all over. This will stick to J-Lo like a bad smell.

moveover

Her career must really be in trouble to get involved with this lame ass show at this point when it's heading down the tubes.

BaadBoy

This is STUPID. It really goes to show that the suits at American Idol don't have a fkn clue. Lopez is an actress, singer, dancer, and slew of other things. There is no way on this planet that she will stick with this show and provide the continuity AI is looking for. It was obvious that Ellen wasn't right for this show, and obvious that she would'nt stay. Likewise with Lopez. She is "Mrs Everything", including restaurant owner, clothing designer, and perfume peddler; she's not going to sick with this show. It would be a better decision to have a show where contestants compete to become the next judges and are voted-in by the people who watch. Maybe they should trying doing this before the next season gets under way. Trying to corral Lopez for this "same thing night after night" TV show is a big mistake; she's just gonna hang around temporarily and then fly the coop looking for the next temporary project. American Idol should fire the dimwits who couldn't figure that out for themselves.

anony

Bullsh*t.
They dropped her before because of all her demands so now she came back with her tail between her legs, demanding, little but still badly needing a career boost.

PoorEllen

I love Jennifer Lopez. I haven't watched Idol since Paula left the show. I think Jennifer is just what they need to get back on track. Jennifer would be great as an idol judge!

Sin D

They had me at Tyler...lost me at J-Lo. Yea this show is done.

ginny

If you, Loki4Ever, quit watching years ago why are you being such an ass today.

Don't watch. JLo has talent, charm and the ability to interact with people that you clearly do not!!

Go J Lo...

besides she has a really cute husband; show is yours!!!??

Missy

If she is on, I won't watch! Haven't watched since Paula left...and I have watched since the beginning!

Celebrities Suck

If they pick Jlo from the block I believe that she can only judge the contestants on their dancing skills because JLO from the block can not sing yes I repeat myself, SHE CAN NOT SING. Have you people ever heard her sing live? Why not Marc Anthony, Mariah Carey, Patti Labelle, Diana Ross, Diana Summer? These people are real singer they are natural. They song good live unlike jlo she sound karaoke live.

Den

Did Idol even ask the public who they wanted. Sorry J-lo I'm just not a fan of your acting or singing. I'm sure your a wonderful person but def not an actor and your mucic is no longer in style. I think this is a bad decision on bought your parts. Mark my words your going to regret it!!