T.I. Arrest -- Probation Violation Probe Underway

9/2/2010 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... federal officials are "in the process" of determining if they will try to revoke T.I.'s probation in the wake of his arrest late last night.

TI Arrested

As we first reported, T.I. -- who is still on probation for illegally possessing machine guns a few years ago --  was arrested again last night for possession of a controlled substance on the Sunset Strip.

Now, United States Attorney Sally Quillian Yates tells us, "The probation office is in the process of determining what happened and will make a recommendation regarding Mr. Harris when they have all the facts."

If officials determine T.I. did violate his probation, he could be sent back to the slammer to serve some serious prison time.

UPDATE: We're told T.I.'s probation officer has asked the rapper to return to Atlanta.

This Is The Facts

He's a dumb punk who just screwed up big time.

He's going to go back, the Feds. do NOT fwuck around at all, I know.

... and because he has a name, he is even MORE screwed...the Feds will give him a harder time because of that and he just got out besides.

Dumb, Punk Azz Rappers...

T

Just a complete dumb ass! Him and Paris Hilton should hang out to see who is the biggest dumb ass! I hope they each get 5 years or more. How STUPID can you be!

dsw

Sometimes you have to read the date to make sure that these are not old reports. But most of the time, ehhhh, all of the time, they are current. Just idiots repeating bad behavior.

Just sayin

what makes people think that he was taking the drugs there were 3 other people in the car you know

Karmagal

He is going right back to jail.

Tammy

T.I. When are you going to learn what law category you fall into. If you don;t know, let me tell you: 1 for the average white, 1 for the average black, 1 for white celebrites and 1 for black celebrities. You ain't LiLo or Paris!! I mean, it took 3 years of constant probation violation for LiLo to get 14 days in jail and Paris keeps getting away with it by saying it wasn't hers. You a black celebrity!! If you don't know what that means, call Lil wayne and ask him!!

Gary Michael

Just because the media reports something doesn't make it true ladies and gents....not that T.I and his wife didn't put themselves in an uncomprimising position but we blaming everything on him as if we have ALL the facts...and not just what's being reported...Don't do That!!!

Willie Lump Lump

Clifford... please read and DO NOT deviate from this plan!

Time is of the essence!

Go back to the A.

Put all your stacks in luggage bags.

Go have Tiny buy a used RV (not no fancy shete)!

While the nanny is getting the kids ready set up a few off shore accounts in Switzerland and the Caribbean.

Whatever you can't get out of the banks transfer to in thirds to the accounts.

Take the stacks to (several) Western Unions and break them in to groups of $9,999.99.

Wire the money to Tameka Cottles/Harris at BANCO HSBC 1865 Cd. Del Carmen, 24180

Head for the Mexican border and try to cross at Presidio, TX Hwy 67.

Good luck my friend!

steve

Oh well at least he didn't have any guns on him this time. Maybe he is learning just very very slowly.

Nicole

@Tammy
Are you serious ?
T.I was facing 10 years and got a plea deal were he served less than a year.
He was a convicted felon and before he became really big he even filmed one of his music videos in prison.
It is nothing to do with race T.I was given a chance and he blew it.

Paris had a bit of weed in South Africa and France were you get FINES.
Lindsay had 2 DUIs which are non violent misdemeanors and went to rehab, did community service etc.

jamie

OMG TMZ I DONT KNOW WHERE U GET UR FACTS FROM BUT Madonna IS NOT 49 SHE IS 52 YEARS OLD. SHE WAS BORN IN THE YEAR 1958. OoKkaayy !!!! and thats the fact....

CGS

What a moran. Dumbass, cant you wait to light the pipe when you get home, a Maybach tends to attract attention!

Freaks!

If I had a wife that looked like that I'd do drugs at a minimum and when the drugs wore off I'd put a gun in my mouth. Geez, that is one fugly looking ho! Is he into beastiality?

CriticAl

Staying out of jail...WHAT YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT?

Tammy

@Tammy
Are you serious ?
T.I was facing 10 years and got a plea deal were he served less than a year.
It is nothing to do with race T.I was given a chance and he blew it.

Paris had a bit of weed in South Africa and France were you get FINES.

Posted at 4:00 PM on Sep 2, 2010 by Nicole

Nicole, if T.I. wasn't black, 10 years wouldn't even be on the table!! Think about Paris's recent situation: the penalty range for her offense is probation to 4 years in jail. Do you think 4 years is on the table for Paris? Do you think any jail time is on the table for Paris? In the USA, a black person and a white person can commit the same crime, but the penalty possibilities are nowhere the same for both.