T.I. Arrest -- Probation Violation Probe Underway

9/2/2010 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... federal officials are "in the process" of determining if they will try to revoke T.I.'s probation in the wake of his arrest late last night.

TI Arrested

As we first reported, T.I. -- who is still on probation for illegally possessing machine guns a few years ago --  was arrested again last night for possession of a controlled substance on the Sunset Strip.

Now, United States Attorney Sally Quillian Yates tells us, "The probation office is in the process of determining what happened and will make a recommendation regarding Mr. Harris when they have all the facts."

If officials determine T.I. did violate his probation, he could be sent back to the slammer to serve some serious prison time.

UPDATE: We're told T.I.'s probation officer has asked the rapper to return to Atlanta.

CHRISBMW745i

"HE SHOULD MAKE A SONG ABOUT BEING DUMB" IT GOES LIKE THIS. YOU KNOW IM DUMB YOU KNOW IM DUMB YOU KNOW IM DUMB DE DE DUMB DE DUMB DE DUMB DUMB. IM SURE IT WOULD GO PLATINUM!!!!

Gladhe8her

What a LOSER!!!! Give a rapper a hit movie and some money.....and he pisses it away.

Nicole

i hope he comes out as innocent cause i'd hate to see him have to go back to prison , especially since hes putting out an album soon

chris

hes a dumb ass trigger. . . .you see what i did there lol

MIDNIGHT TOKER

nooo you got that wrong..he is a bigger ....man than that

James

T.I. you are dumb ass! First let me say I'm black so what I'm about to write is not coming from some racist. So here I go; you southern rappers (notice I wrote rappers and not hip hop artist) are modern day minstrels. You all have destroyed rap music which is rhythm and poetry and turned it to crap! Lil Wayne, Luda, and the rest of you talk about sizzerp (a drink with codeine). A southern rapper / DJ died from that and so did Pimp C. You lectured at schools and had a TV show before you were arrested to help the youth and you talked a good game. You were released and were on TV (Larry King) and lectured in schools. Plain and simple you are all ignorant. You’re wealthy but you all have no since of how ignorant you all are truly and you all should be pitied, again you are all minstrels. Now you just jeopardized your family and minstrel career. And you girl she has been in trouble too, your both just plain dumb. Driving around town with drugs you are really dumb!

Rocco

This jive ass spook will be in federal custody by years end . Whoever his cellmate is will be an upgrade from the man he married. Just goes to show you the old saying rings true ---you can take the ***** from the street , but you can't take the street from the ***** . Holla Monnique

Irish Pubes

@19, you cannot POSSIBLY be that stupid.

Luna

Dang he can't stay out of jail. I hate using this word because whites have used to slander my people for 100 or years but this is one dumb *****.

I mean he has a movie coming out he has a wife who loves him, he gets probation then he goes and does some dumb stuff like this.

He deserves to go back to jail. He's too stupid to function outside of jail.

njneere

this ****tick will see a lot of larger probes in prison...

StL Bailey

Bring yo ass right back to "the ARMPIT of America" Boy!! Forrest City, ARKANSAS!!! That's right, you never should have said that about my hometown, Boy!!

hood

T.I has dare to blew away all the good chances in lyf. Now what else..................

cb

yeah but they let Lindsey Lohan out and will probably do the same to Paris Hilton, tell me that **** ain't about race"

di

whether there were other people in the car or not; if he was read his parole terms correctly, he would know what his limitations were to be...and he just didn't care. So now a judge will have a same view...the judge doesn't care if he goes back to jail, which he probably will.

been-there-done-that

i swear...what is wrong with the press? they can not figure out jail from prison or parole from probation. PRISON =PAROLE...JAIL = PROBATION!!!! HUGE DIFFRENCE. Not in that order non-research boy. THESE ARE BIG TERMS. This is your story. Copy it correctly. Atypical..."Paris has a hang nail and was busted...surely to do 6 months on parole."