T.I. Arrest -- Sippin' on Sizzurp?

9/2/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Take a close look at the photo of T.I. getting arrested ... and focus on the styrofoam cups in the front and back cupholders ... although cops aren't saying which controlled substance they found in the car, there seems to be evidence of Sizzurp ... aka purple drank ... aka codeine syrup.

0902_maybach_TMZ_EX

-- A form of codeine falls under the class of drugs for which T.I. and his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, were arrested.

-- Codeine is the main ingredient in Sizzurp, which is a growing problem in the South.

-- Sizzurp is typically ingested in styrofoam cups ... it's become a "thing" in the hip-hop community.

Cops won't say specifically which drug they found, though our sources say it's the class of drugs that does indeed include the main ingredient for Sizzurp.

Both T.I. and "Tiny" were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

my opinion

was it 4 people in the car? you see 3 cups...what was in the car? conflicting stories

truthiness

Neat! I learn SO MUCH from the hip hop community!

Donna

THAT'S THE WAY TO DO IT T.I.
GET MARRIED AND SCREW IT ALL UP!
TINY....WHAT A WASTE KIDS AT HOME...NOW WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF MOMMY?

ALL EQUALS TO "DUMB ASSES"

Dingo Ate My Baby

Another article is saying that it was pot.

Phreaky

How many kids do they have? And they are driving around smoking weed and drinking this effed up sh*t?
Lock them both up for a few years.

smhbear20

That is ridiculous, to generalize the a specific community saying that's the thing to do, I don't believe all rocker's use drugs because that would be blatant ignorance. Let their issues be there issues. The police should have stop these picture and video from being used, same on them. IT'S INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY or is that just for some.

Digger

Or they just wanted some sodas to fight off the old cottonmouth?

Tom Jones

Codeine is a crap high.

Truth

I HAVE CAFE, MILK, AND HOT CHOCOLATE IN MY STYRO CUPS WITH A TOUCH OF CREAM AND SUGAR. THAT MAKES ME GUILTY OF STRONG CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES TOO. WANNA CHECK MY CUPS, OH FEMALE OFFICER?? HAHA.

Machelle

I don't know why, but
I'm surprised he would
dare do something so
stupid being on parole.
He's going back and he
has nobody to blame but
himself.

Tyler

Sizzurp is a liquor do your research.

prentice

free t.i once agin.. so stupid chocies you make these black rappers complain about thw white man holding them down and hateing on them but damn my brothers ya'll give them a reson!..stop putting down the white man and giveing the cops a dam,n reason to bust ya'll!!!!

prentice.

jcheat305

On probation and drinking syrup while driving. A Millinaire Fool!

Lord Snooty

Sizzurp is the new CHIKEN & OKRA !!!! (and you know that!!)

my opinion

The first time I heard of this drink is when Lil Wayne said, that is his drug of choice...I DO NOT think it is a hip hop thing,it's a dirty south thing

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments