T.I. Arrest -- Sippin' on Sizzurp?

9/2/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Take a close look at the photo of T.I. getting arrested ... and focus on the styrofoam cups in the front and back cupholders ... although cops aren't saying which controlled substance they found in the car, there seems to be evidence of Sizzurp ... aka purple drank ... aka codeine syrup.

0902_maybach_TMZ_EX

-- A form of codeine falls under the class of drugs for which T.I. and his wife, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle, were arrested.

-- Codeine is the main ingredient in Sizzurp, which is a growing problem in the South.

-- Sizzurp is typically ingested in styrofoam cups ... it's become a "thing" in the hip-hop community.

Cops won't say specifically which drug they found, though our sources say it's the class of drugs that does indeed include the main ingredient for Sizzurp.

Both T.I. and "Tiny" were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

shantraya

hey

texangirl64

TMZ starts ****!! How do you know this is Sizzurp? Police has not charged them with that.. Only with pills.. Maybe they had beer or Sodas, If they had something in those cups those cups would NOT be in those cup holders.. DUH!!!! They would be in Police Posession... TMZ Tryng to Rev up the arrest making it more interesting..

asdfkjkk

Another article said the police spokeswoman confirmed that they were arrested for pills that "resembled ecstacy" the pills are being tested now. That was the controlled substance.

whateverpeeps

Trey,

1) Cops get paid pretty well. Anywhere from 200-800k a year, depending on how dangerous their area is.

2) They DID find some drugs in the car. If that's racial profiling, then by all means, we need more of it.

I'm sick of cops being too intimidated to pull over minorities because they're too scared of being labeled racist. A white person runs a red light, they're guaranteed to be pulled over. A Mexican or black does the same thing, in FRONT of a cop, and the cops hesitate.

You can't pull the race card if you've actually broken the law. "I'm sorry officer, I know I have marijuana and codeine in the car, but you can't pull me over because I'm black. You are racist if you pull me over."

If you don't want to be pulled over, don't break the law. That applies to every race equally. Minorities are not exempt.

whateverpeeps

"TMZ starts ****!! How do you know this is Sizzurp? Police has not charged them with that.. Only with pills.. Maybe they had beer or Sodas, If they had something in those cups those cups would NOT be in those cup holders.."

They were found in posession of codeine syrup. That's why TMZ said it might be sizzurp in the cups.

Egypt

I do not SUPPORT drug use of at all..MARIJUANA is not a drug so I do say FREE UP THE HERB & LEGALIZE IT..

However, they better get the SAME KIND OF JUSTICE as Paris, Brittany & Lyndsey L!!!

You "pale faces" kill me talking "lock them away for years"...

*ukk that..THE U.S. GOVT IS THE BIGGEST DRUG DEALERS, COKE SNIFFERS, IN THE WORLD!!

The answer is legalize drugs, take the stigma awAY pour $ into rehab for those that want it instead of

PRIVATIZING PRISONS and feeling them UP with non violent criminals on tax payer dollars!!

Don

WOMAN

"TAMEKA" " TAMEKA"
What were you THINKING ????
You should be the ONE to DO & SAY the RIGHT THING.
KEEP HIM OUT OF THIS MESS.
Iam so MAD at YOU.

Frosty

Man thats messed up, i just saw him in concert on sunday! Talkin bout how hes a changed man, yeah right jackass!!

jim

Do I have to say it? $200,000 car. Foam cups? Ghetto!!!!!!!!! Where is the krunk cups?

lbuttafly

FIRST T.I. SHOULD HAVE BEEN THINKING IF I GET CAUGHT WITH THIS IN MY CAR IM DONE,SECOND IF "TINY" CARED ANYTHING ABOUT HER HUSBAND AN WAS ANY KIND OF SO CALLED WIFE SHE WOULD HAVE TOLD HIM LETS NOT RIDE AROUND LIKE THIS MAYBE HE WILL CHANGE HIS MIND ABOUT MS.TINY LOL!!!!

WOMAN

" TAMEKA "
When you were TELLING US about WHEN MY B-A-B-Y "TIP"
COME HOME WHAT what UNDER WEAR you was going put ON for HIM. You should of been THINKING of how to LIVE IN THIS LIFE.
KEEP OUT OF THE HANDS OF THE LAW.

lils

THIS IS HOW RUMORS START! YOU DONT EVEN KNOW THIS IS A FACT. FOR ALL YOU KNOW THEY COULD BE SIPPING ON WATER. DONT ASSUME

l345678

Same drug bust but we will see who gets the most jail time Paris or TI.

The chocolate factory

come on..everyone knows blacks only use styro cups for sizzrup! It's a well established FACT.

Posted at 1:28 PM on Sep 2, 2010 by willy
_______________________________________________

Willy, you appear to be a very judgemental person, how do you know what black people have in there cups, do you know every black person in American? Also, were you there" with T.I. Tiny? Thats what I thought! I'm sure your that same person who says he not racist because I have blacks friends.

CN

We used to drink this stuff 20-30 Years ago.Some things NEVER change..In Wisconsin You could buy it over the counter for $7..Yes this is true..Codeine cough med has always been around..We didnt call ir sizz..We called it ROBE..Another pathetic police stop -very petty