T.I. and His Wife -- Handcuffed and Busted

9/2/2010 10:18 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: TMZ has learned ... cops originally stopped the Maybach for making an illegal U-turn on Sunset Blvd.

TMZ has obtained photos of rapper T.I. and his wife Tameka "Tiny" Cottle in police custody on Sunset Blvd. last night ... after they were each arrested for allegedly possessing a controlled substance.

TI and Wife Arrested

T.I. was placed into a squad car with an unknown male.

0902_tameka_large_EX_01

"Tiny" was taken to a separate squad car -- both were transported to a local Sheriff's station.

As we first reported, cops pulled over T.I.'s ultra-expensive Maybach on Sunset Blvd around 10:18 PM for a traffic violation and then smelled marijuana. During a subsequent search of the vehicle, cops say they found a controlled substance -- we're told it was not cocaine. The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy.

Both were booked on felony possession of a controlled substance.

They were released on $10,000 bail.

As we previously reported, T.I. was released from federal prison back in December -- where he served 7 months behind bars for illegally possessing machine guns and silencers.

Law enforcement confirms ... T.I. is still on probation from the gun conviction, which means last night's arrest could qualify as a violation of his probation ... and he could be sent back to prison.

UPDATE: "Tiny" just twittered, "Jus wanted 2say thank u 2every1 dats been leaving encouraging msgs & prayers! We love u guys:-)going 2bed now! So glad 2b n a nice clean bed."
0902_ti_arrest_video

Lykdysplt

aahh ha ha ha aaah ha ha ha loooooser!

I Chinee

Idiot's! But hey! how about these cops get out there and bust some of these illegal aliens that are sucking the system dry and trashing neighborhoods where ever they move. I swear a neighborhood will be looking nice and clean and then here come all the illegals moving in and in no time the neighborhood looks like a 3rd world country.

Kaarani

TI, his wife and Paris Hilton should be forced to a trip down to a border town in Mexico so they can see what their causing by consuming sh*t like this.

YEE

Dumb DUmb dumb. How dumb is this *****. HE need to locked away for life now seriously

John Fullerton

Put both s*** in jail and through the key away

OLEGIRL

OK, here we go again! Let's rally behind them right? What about the children? Do they deserve this TI and Tiny? I don't think so!

Amy

Seriously T.I.? didnt u just get out of jail..and make a show about KIDS on drugs? look and u now...

cocoapuff

Good Luck to both of them, Love them both.

john wallace

Everybody talkin slick on these two... if u dont know TI and are talkin, GAURANTEE u wouldnt say nothin when hes around.... and if you do know who he is, GAURANTEE you would be kissin his ass when hes around... HATERS.... its his life... LIVE YOURS!

iamsuperdan

Tiny types like a retarded 5th grade girl.

SallyChi

They were driving While Under the Influence....meaning they could have had a serious accident. If you're in the car smoking and drinking codeine (or whatever), it hinders your driving ability. Yes--take them off the road.

dd

@Katie #14 I agree, someone in that family has to be responsible.

Jay

Don't you know by now black peoples there are two sets of laws when one get busted. Another note stay home and get dirty, don't get dirty in the streets.

zipporah

SMFH THIS IS JUST SAD AND REDICULOUS HE JUST GOT OUT. THIS IS THE CRAP IM TALKIN ABOUT HE TALKED A GOOD GAME TO HIS FANS AND EVERYONE ELSE THEN TURNED AROUND AND F***** UP AGAIN.DONT GET ME WRONG I LOVE T.I. AS FAR AS HIS MUSIC GOES BUT THIS IS CRAZY.AND TO THE PERSON THAT MADE THE COMMENT ABOUT EVERYBODY RIDIN T.I.'S D*** ABOUT HIS MOVIE YOU DAMN RIGHT PEOPLE ARE SUPPORTIVE OF THAT BECAUSE FOR A MINUTE HE HAD PEOPLE CONVINCED HE WAS GONNA DO THE RIGHT THING.NOBODY KNOCKIN HIM FOR THE POSITVE THINGS HE'S DOIN BUT RATHER THE DUMB **** LIKE THIS AND I PERSONALLY DONT GIVE A DAMN WHETHER HE MADE BOND OR NOT.THIS SITUATION WAS A DUMB ASS DECISION YOU ARE ON PROBATION BUT YOU IN THE CAR WITH SOMETHING THAT COULD GET YOU IN TROUBLE THATS STUPID.AND OBVIOUSLY IT IS THAT BAD EVEN IF HE MADE BAIL BECAUSE HAD HE NOT HAD THAT **** IN THE CAR HE WOULDNT HAVE HAD TO POST AND SHAME ON THEM BOTH WITH THE EXAMPLE THEY ARE SETTING FOR THEIR CHILDREN.

mt

"The class of the controlled substance that was found includes methamphetamines and ecstasy."

Wow, can you say sensationalized? You couldn't just say "Schedule I drug"?

It's already caused quite a few news reports to claim they were caught with methamphetamine and ecstasy. In actuality it just means they were caught with some type of Schedule I drug, which INCLUDES MARIJUANA. Stop trying to play it like they were probably caught with harder stuff before you have the facts.