LFO Lead Singer

Dies

9/8/2010 11:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rich Cronin from the '90s boy band LFO died today after a long fight with leukemia ... TMZ has learned.

0908-rich-cronin-ex-getty-credit
Rich -- who wrote LFO's hit "Summer Girls" in 1999 -- suffered a stroke after a lengthy battle with leukemia, according to his brother.  We're told he passed away in a hospital this afternoon.

Cronin was 35.

See also

BigmoneyBleezy

Saw this guy on Howard Stern, he was a great interview and appeared like a good guy. RIP.

smarm

lost another lfo to die-tech....

CC

My friend was close friends with him- I heard stories about Rich- a wonderful guy. I, as the rest of America, was just a casual listener to that super-addictive "Summer Girls" song, a perfect summer anthem of 1999. Rest in peace, you will be missed. PS- listen to the Howard Stern interview if you want to hear what a charming and cool kid Rich was.

Jennifer

Wow! This is very sad. My Best Friend and I attended many concerts of LFO's and we were brought on stage by them in Saint Louis and these guys were very sweet. I am speechless. Rip.

kaydub

Rest easy Rich ! One love.

john

>Hey john, how about waiting till JLH actually does that before you call her a hypocrite, huh?

Annie2, listen to Rich's interview w/ Howard Stern - JLH is trash...BTW, RIP Rich!

Terry Edwards

We have countless points of meetings with him, Brian, Brad and Devin. For many they have met them here, Orlando,... http://fb.me/I9Or38j2

yhester

OMG thats so sad RIP. I remember how cute this guys were and we all the girls wwere just crazy about them, and other boybands. My condolenses to his family, and God bless u all.

budfox

RIP dude

Kevin in Cincy

So truly sad when someone so young and talented and with so much promise doesn't get to achieve their full potential in life. I agree: TMZ, you could have chosen a better pic. The disease makes him nearly unrecognizable in that photo (other pics and vids of him in better times are on the net, kids)..My thoughts go out to his family. RIP, Rich. Hope there's a giant Abercrombie & Fitch store up in heaven for ya...

Kevin in Cincy

So truly sad when someone so young and talented and with so much promise doesn't get to achieve their full potential in life. I agree: TMZ, you could have chosen a better pic. The disease makes him nearly unrecognizable in that photo (other pics and vids of him better times are on the net, kids)..My thoughts go out to his family. RIP, Rich. Hope there's an giant Abercrombie store up in heaven...

sonya

it is sad that he died but countless people die of leukemia everyday. maybe one day they will find a cure that treats most forms of leakmia because i knew a person that died from it and its so sad to see

babygrrl2700

Sooo sad :(

I've met him numerous times and even partied with him at several events...he was such a nice guy...

Last summer I went to the LFO reunion, and it was sooo sad to see him like that--he was so skinny and weak looking...looked like he was going to keel over at any minute, and he didn't have much energy at all. I actually didn't recogize him at first. So sad to see him like that compared to the Rich he used to be back in the day. RIP, bro...you'll be missed :(

casey

jesus dude...that's really sad...poor guy. I'm sure he had a good time in the 90's though. :/

Laura

"New Kids on the block had a bunch of hits, chinese food makes me sick, and I think it's fly when girls drop by for the summer, for the summer"

Takes me back. Rich you will be missed.