Donald Trump Offers Cash DEAL for NYC Mosque

9/9/2010 6:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump is single-handedly trying to put an end to the controversial NYC mosque slated to be built near Ground Zero ... and he's doing it by flexing his wallet.

Donald Trump Mosque

Trump has offered to pay the owners of the property the amount they purchased the property for ... plus an extra 25%.

As part of the deal, Trump is asking that the mosque be built at least 5 blocks from the WTC site.

Trump says he doesn't even think his offer is a good business deal, but he's doing it, "Because it will end a very serious, inflammatory, and highly divisive situation that is destined, in my opinion, to only get worse."

Of course, Donald's offer is all cash. No word yet on how the offer is being received by the property owner.

0909_tmzlive_small_v2UPDATE: Harvey called Trump during TMZ Live today to talk to him about the offer ... click the audio player to check it out.

UPDATE:  The lawyer for the investor in the real estate partnership that controls the site just said Trump's offer is "just a cheap attempt to get publicity and get in the limelight."  But it looks like the investor is pissed off at Donald's price, not the principle.

Rayna

They won't take the offer. They want to thumb their nose at Americans. And don't ANY of you bring up the "it's not constitutional" argument. NO ONE is saying they can't have mosques. They have more than they need already. Now the Imam is THREATENING us by saying radicals will retaliate if the mosque is moved.

Straight Talkin Texan

I'm not sure if I like the Donald, but I like his idea. However, I kinda think he's doing this for PR purposes.

naplessell

Easy week for Trey Parker and Matt Stone - who are laughing their behinds off.

This will be South Park's next episode script - I guess this stuff does write itself.

Sandy

I agree with you Stan, He is only doing it for the press because his show is coming back on. I bet once his show gets under way the deal will fall through!! He has no intention of buying that property!! Mark My Words!!!!

Are you kidding me????

No, they shouldn't take the deal. First of all if anyone was to look into this they are about 4 blocks from the WTC. Not just that but they bought that building for an extremely low price. That building has been vacant since 2001. Buying the building for what they paid plus 25%.....Are you kidding me???? And that is supposed to make it all better. Trump can take his money and shove it. And he tries to make it out like it is a bad business deal and he is such a good guy.
Has it occured to anyone that the fact that people are making a big deal of this is extremely racist? And un-American I might add.
It really is amazing to me how much racism there is and how everyone is so blind to it because it's not black and white.

lalalalala

those muslims have the audacity

Rayna

#28, your comment is nonsequitur. Typical bait and switch liberal tactic when you don't like what people are saying. Bring out the bigot card. YOU don't get it. All of you radicals are suffering under delusions.

Natalie

Mr. Trump - I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Ace Steele

Way to go, Mr. Trump!

Newfound respect for "The Donald".

rawlietron

i want a t-shirt..

jencrv

I knew i liked u for a reason, your a good man. thank you.

Reader

Thank you Donald your my new Hero. Just think I didn't like you before but now I do. I hope they say YES

REALbarbwire7

To #24. You sound like an idiot. I doubt he's going to spend millions for his personal gain. He's not the kind of guy who needs "your" support. He IS a New Yorker, and it's the wrong thing to do. So he's in a position to possibly change the minds of these people who want the mosque built. When you grow up, come back and join in on a grown-up conversation.

Carrie

Bravo for Donald but 5 blocks away is still too close.

REALbarbwire7

Talk about making points! I actually admire him for just about the first time. I don't "dislike" him, but THIS is something that is a win-win situation. The mosque can be built, but not where we do not want it built. Everyone is happy. Thank you Mr. Trump!