Rapper Busted for Carrying Concealed Weapon

9/11/2010 10:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rapper Petey Pablo was arrested this morning at an airport in North Carolina on weapons charges after he allegedly tried to sneak a gun through airport security. Does he not know what day it is?

0911_Petey_Pablo_MUG_EXD3

According to cops, Pablo was busted at Raleigh-Durham International Airport -- he was allegedly on his way to Los Angeles and the MTV Video Music Awards. We're told the rapper was going through security and the gun was spotted in his carry-on bag -- security then called airport police.

Pablo, real name Moses Barrett III, was charged with carrying a concealed weapon, possession of a firearm by a felon and possession of a stolen firearm. We're told he posted $50,000 and was released.

He's due back in Wake County Court on Monday.

(Thanks to WRAL for the heads up.)

lindalou

i also think he resembles Will Smith.

george clooney

Well, I went over to BLACK PLANET...and as expected; " a bunch of white racist people profiling another good brother"....never surprises me. I am sure the US Attorney General will let him go.

george clooney

Actually, he has the eyes and brows of OJ...check it out and half his forehead too.

John Stone

People with big ass ears look so stupid wear those diamond studs.

Cubfan69

I would investigate the EX maybe she put in his suit case, like Sam Kinneson told us.

Mike D

Either or, you almost made sense. TMZ never has white entertainers on here that were busted for doing stupid things, just black folks. What a dope you are.

Stacee

That's one ugly dude. And I can't believe he was released. Had he been Muslim, we would've started a war with yet another oil-rich company!

Lady in Red

You have got to be some of the stupidest people in the world. Do you really beleive he knew it was in his bag you have got to be F@@CKIN kedding me. I don't know the man but I do know his music and he is one of the best you need to take A listen to it. I hope none of you ever make a mistake. OOPS to late.

a long time Leno fan!

Gee.............
what a surprise. Rapper gets arrested.

Must be a truly dignified musician though. And an even finer example he's setting for children & our society in general at a time when our great country needs honesty & leadership.

Congratulations man!

njneere

What's her name? "Wannabe Thuggete"

xyzzy

According the NC Courts website, he already has a DWLR charge pending in Wake County (Raleigh). Court date for that one is Oct 15.

pat

The next thing we'll hear is that he is suing airport security for "profiling". If there was ever a gang that thought they were above getting caught it's these guys. Too bad he didn't shoot himself in the foot. Stupid and stubborn.

joe

These uneducated thugs are finally imploding their ignorance and lack of intelligence is being their downfall and the fall will be hard

gregg

What to expect from a uneducated ignoramus from the ghetto

Ver2go

The only reason I've heard of Petey is because I live in NC haha. Plus he's had some hits like Freek-a-Leek and he was in Ciara's "Goodies" song.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments