Spencer Pratt -- I Was Arrested in Costa Rica

9/12/2010 11:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We're not vouching for Spencer Pratt, but his people tell TMZ Spencer was busted at an airport in Costa Rica for illegal possession of a firearm.

0912_Spencer_Pratt_TMZ_ex
As the story goes ... Spencer was on his way out of the country when he was busted for felony possession. We're told he was booked and processed at a local jail and later released after turning over the weapons and signing a confession with the DA.  Yes, we're skeptical, too.

So far, we haven't been able to confirm any of this. But we do have this bizarre statement from Spencer himself:

"As part of my spiritual cleansing I've spent the last week living alone in the jungle, reflecting on my past transgressions, and working to become a better person. I had to live off the land, and hunt to survive. As I departed the country this morning to continue my spiritual journey, I mistakenly brought my hunting weapons to the airport. It was an honest mistake, and they sent me on my way. On an unrelated note, I'm not allowed in the country anymore -- but that's because of the chicken incident."

Well, we know he can't get arrested in Hollywood ...

DANA

The only people who care about those 2 loosers are TMZ stuff who clearly cant find any news and are not doing anything but eating tacos and farting in their office.

Joe Blow

C'mon TMZ, enough of this ****. It's not like he even brings anything of redeeming value to the table either. At least his supposed "estranged" fake wife has them big knockers to look at.

Nunya

WHAT A LYING DOUCHE BAG...IF YOU COMMIT A FELONY IN ANOTHER COUNTRY YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO BE RELEASED UNTIL TRIAL....STOP REPORTING ON THIS NO TALENT HACK HIOS 15 MINUTES WERE UP BEFORE THEY STARTED...

NK

I'm from Costa Rica, this guy is talking out of his ass, total bull****!

Chia

Why on earth would you print anything about these two? When are you going to get it? Integrity keeps going down the toilet...

Max

This is actually probably true. Getting out of Costa Rica is much harder than getting in. They search everything and really give you a good grilling at the passport and security area. Makes you wonder what's up until you realize they do it to everyone, 'celebrities' included.

Remember Joan Rivers had the passport name issue there. She got in fine but was held back for a day or so until she got it resolved. Don't mess around in the Costa Rica airports.

Max

Your ad spot breaks the home page in the new safari.

Freaks!

"Star 80".... delayed

sergio

Could you PLEASE stop reporting on this guy? He's the quintessential famewhore.

Sarah

Not that I care too much about this couple...I've heard enough...but just wanted to point out it's illegal to hunt anywhere in Costa Rica..just sayin.

Joyce

He is so much BS along with Barbie. Stop giving them the publicity and let them go away!!!

Joyce

Observer

Spencer Pratt and Heidi Montag Pratt are two very beautiful, sweet people who have given us a lot of fun with their posing and carrying on. As they say in their book, they are here to offer dessert, to amuse us. Spencer is funny, intelligent, and witty. He always has something amusing with dry wit. I hope they make up, they were such a nice couple. Heidi was so tender, always touching his arm or his body. In news videos, Spencer is always a gentleman, tips well, is nice, shakes people's hand. They are a lovely couple. As for the haters, well, if that's what you like to do.

Langtres

In the jungle???? Does anyone remember - the dude left the show I'm a celebrity get me out of here. He wouldn't be able to handle the jungle alone. It would be better if he was on the show wipe out so he could get wiped up.

Glenn

Ya know... If you idiots would stop reporting on this fame whore, he would just go away

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments