PETA

Gaga's Meat Dress is a Maggot Magnet

9/13/2010 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lady Gaga may have smuggled in a few extra guests to the MTV VMAs last night -- because the people at PETA think it's likely that her raw meat dress was "crawling in maggots."

Lady Gaga Meat Dress

A rep for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals tells us that Gaga "has a hard time being 'over the top,' and wearing a dress made from cuts of dead cows is offensive enough to bring comment."

But the rep notes that if the dress was made from actual meat -- and not the fake stuff  -- it wouldn't take long to go sour ... saying, "After time spent under the TV lights, it would smell like the rotting flesh that it is and likely be crawling in maggots."

Still hungry?!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

awards

Looks tasty!

ezpz6

screw u peta.

Marilyn

Her music is great.
She doesn't need the constant clothes freak show!
Drug overdose in her future for over the top behavior..

jus-sayin

Shes cool....About time we got a new Cher! She wears it well.

LisaL

Not a fan of her or her costumes, but PETA can go suck on it.

t

i wonder if she hates her record label?

Carriss

I saw her many getups last night, and I thought this was actually the most sensible of them all. It wasn't until she said "I never thought I'd be asking Cher to hold my meat purse" that I knew what she was wearing. I think it's actually sort of creative.

The people at PETA need to stfu, it's not real meat. That would have just been gross.

tizalee

Pretty Nasty! Sure looks real to me-she's got a good voice-there's no need for the bizarro clothes-

abby

Like her outfits, this one is just as disgusting!

Uschi from Germany

SICK!!!!!!!

nancy

ewww thats just nasty and she hugged Cher!!! Cher shoulda hosed herself off before she left last night !!

aquanet

LIke most of her dresses, I'm sure she is making a statement with this dress. She is against cruelty to animals,so I would interput this dress as a statement of how ridiculous it is to wear dead animals be it leather or fur or any other part.

Colleen

This chick is why I did not watch the VMA's. So gross, even if it's fake it's still gross.

.:Loki4Ever:.

Shes nothing but a walking gimmick that people are buying into. Her main gimmick is "Thank you to all the Gays"... I swear if it wasn't for Gay people or any girls 18yrs or younger, she wouldn't be this famous. Promote REAL artists!!!

Rock Singer

Well ...there goes the PETA endorsement !!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments