Kim Kardashian -- $100,000 Handbag Shopping Spree

9/16/2010 8:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Kardashian and her mom spent over $100,000 on handbags in Paris yesterday -- and no, they didn't buy a truckload of 'em ... they bought seven.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
It all went down in the notoriously expensive Hermes store -- where we're told Kim and her mother Kris purchased six of the label's exclusive "Birkin" bags ... valued at around $10,000 apiece.

But here's the kicker -- sources close to the reality star tell TMZ, Kim also bought herself an extremely rare crocodile-skin bag from the upscale French boutique ... worth around $30,000.

Overall, the Kardashians easily surpassed the $100k mark.

What recession?!

stephanie

Well - I don't particularly care for the Kardashians. I watched the show when it first aired & lost brain cells, I swear to God. The only likeable one is the big one. Kourtney is annoying and Kim is whiny, self-absorbed and annoying.

But - I don't exactly believe in telling people how to spend their money. She may be a tramp but she earned it and can spend it in any way she pleases.

Isn't there a waiting list for Hermes`? Especially for an LE bag? That doesn't sound right that she could just go out and buy that thing.
I don't really believe that she bought all of these handbags. She has some pretty cheap ones, after all, i.e., $10,000.
Don't they ususally sell for $20,000-35,000 standard?
Were they given to her, you think?
But then...most luxury companies are very particular about the folks/stores that hold their items. So why would Hermes` - the Bentley Arnage of Handbags - use this woman to market their product?
Posh and Oprah are good enough.

Folks say that the Birkin bags are too matronly but, personally, I love them. Love the look. But I'd never buy one. Not practical. I could never part with 10,000. I'd be having a serious case of buyer's remorse.
Only designer brands I purchase are DIOR, Marc Jacobs (and some LV, i.e., Damier). LOL
I do purchase the cute mid-priced bags. Like Coach and Kate Spade.

sarah

I ****ING HATE THESE SLUTS
80% OF THE WORLD IS IN POVERTY
AND THESE SLUTS ARE SPENDING THOUSANDS
ON HANDBAGS?
THESE BITCHES NEED TO DIE

marilyn

Holy God!! this idiot spent $100,000 dollars on only seven handbags in Paris that works out to an average of approx $14,300 dollars a purse. assuming my math is right. buy one purse ok, buy two maybe/ but seven!!! did no one think to pull her aside and explain to her that some of that money could be better spent. for example; parents in many areas are having trouble coming up with money for school supplies. better yet, half of that money could have gone to pay the salaries to two teachers in a financially strapped school district.

Carvey

Good deal, Kim. You're such a great business woman. $10k for a handbag isn't stupid at all. Keep spending because that show of yours isn't ever going to come to an end and that diet stuff you hock will never be exposed as a rip-off. And lord knows your modeling career will never end. Just ask Kathy Ireland. She's got that great gig being a spokeswoman for a lamp store. I bet that is keeping her in $10k handbags.

Steph

I'm having medical issues with no health insurance and I can't afford a $400 doctor's visit so I go without...but this chick just spend $100,000 on purses. Bags to put stuff in. Money she made for doing what exactly? Having sex on film and posing in front of a camera? Disgusting. I used to think they were funny...but Kris' attitude as of late is pretty disgusting and so are her children.

Steph

Oh and to buy a crocodile-skin bag absolutely disgusts me. Kim is so into herself and obviously cares for nobody...just like Mom. The world needs to end because this whole celebrity thing has gotten so ridiculous.

Carvey

"07. I'm having medical issues with no health insurance and I can't afford a $400 doctor's visit so I go without...
Posted at 11:41 AM on Sep 17, 2010 by Steph"

Hey Steph,

I work in the medical field. Your story is way too common these days. You make too much money to qualify as being poor so you don't get free medical care but you don't have insurance through your employer so you're just out of luck. Here's what you need to do. Go down to your county or community hospital and tell them you'd like a list of doctors who will see uninsured patients. They should have a list of private doctors who will see uninsured patients already made up and ready to hand out to patients. Instead of paying $400 you'll end up paying like $50-$75. Of course that doesn't cover any tests or stuff like that, but at least you can see a doctor and be prescribed meds if needed. Best wishes.

Carolyn

My house is worth $120,000.00. It is a 10 year old three bedroom house. How much are these people raking in Hollywood? Why did I go to school? I should just go on TV and make a fool out of myself and act like a whore.

Uhhh...what?

Let me get this straight...the Hermes that would let Oprah Winfrey in allowed the Kardashians to buy 7 of their purses? WTF???

Lisa

Kim had her own money before she was even on TV. He worked for her dad and then started a company of her own waaaaaaaaay before she was a famous. You people sound bitter about being poor, if you had that kind of money, there would be some ******* out there talkin crap about you. For right now your all the ass holes. Its sad that your life sucks so much your on here complaining, if you hate them why read the ****.. O yeah you hate your lives i forget so sad!! :-((

Russ

I am sure they were able to avoid thinking about homeless people, animals languishing in shelters, people without jobs, sick kids in hospitals, and so forth... as they spent a tenth of a million dollars on frigging handbags!

What is she famous for? For being famous?

Overpaid worthless s*** of the Earth.

Russ

Lisa said "You people sound bitter about being poor, if you had that kind of money, there would be some ******* out there talkin crap about you. For right now your all the ass holes. Its sad that your life sucks so much your on here complaining, if you hate them why read the ****.. O yeah you hate your lives i forget so sad!! :-((

I have some self respect and a reason FOR it. As long as there are people like you who will lick the behinds of those worthless rich trash you dream of being like, they will have 'fans'. Enjoy.

Yawdie Gyal

Hmph, so much for spending the money here in the good old USA, to help out OUR economy.....

Stephanie

with all the money this family seems to have...why not take this $$$ and do something good with it...feed homeless, donate so that people can have affordable housing, give to a charity...do you really think they need more handbags??? Really ladies, open your eyes to the world and not yourselves

M

Lisa, you are as stupid and as trashy as the Kardashians themselves. You ****ty celebrity worshippers are sickening. Most people are smart enough not to like today's so-called "stars", who are famous for doing nothing or famous for doing terrible things. Obviously, you're not one of them.