Oksana Grigorieva Will Sue Mel Gibson

9/16/2010 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva will file a lawsuit against Mel Gibson alleging -- among other things -- battery, emotional distress and defamation ... TMZ has learned.

0916_oksana_lawyers_EX_01

Sources tell us Oksana has hired Martin Garbus and Daniel Horowitz  ... two formidable lawyers who have been around the block in celebrity cases. Garbus has defended Robert Redford, Al Pacino, and Spike Lee -- and both he and Horowitz rank among America's top litigators.

We're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent almost all things Oksana -- they will be her reps in connection with the domestic violence investigation as well as the extortion probe.

In addition to the civil suit, we're told Garbus and Horowitz will represent Oksana in her music career -- specifically, they will challenge Gibson, who they claim is blocking the release of Oksana's music.

As for the civil battery case against Gibson -- sources tell us the plan is to file it by the end of the year.

Angie

Sefa...... clearly, you're on her side. Doesn't it make you curious that during those calls, she stayed so calm? If she has the spice to take after him in court, why wouldn't she defend herself on the phone? Clearly edited tapes. I'm not defending what he said, nor am I a racist, but this woman is money hungry. Period. No proof has been submitted that shows MG actually abused this woman. Not one scrap of evidence. Take the estrogen trip back a notch, actually read what has been posted before you chew people another one.

Curious

@ Fidel's Niece -
Oh come on, what's a few sharks? LOL

@ my dear Holmes-
Always happy to serve =D

@ Sweetheart -
The lawyers obviously think they're going to get paid. Of course, they only just took the case, I wonder what will happen once they've conducted their own discovery?

carol

This woman deserves to have her AZZ kicked. I'd be happy to do it. She is disgusting to the core. What a miserable, manipulative, spiteful, evil, no good piece of crap she is. Any jury should sentence her to years of digging ditches. Whatever Mel did to her wasn't bad enough after all she has done - greed personified.

middleagedcrazy

Can't imagine that any of these lawyers would consider her 'trade' a mitzvah, especially at the end of the holy days.

Tee hee

janet

I said this from day one there would be a civil suit. No surprise there. She may not have a good case legally but there is always civil court. I hope the judge dismisses and Ox has to "PAY" FOR HER LAWYERS. Wouldn't that be a hoot. This is just her pure greed...nothing to do with the baby.

Curious

I'll believe this when the suit is actually filed and not just talked about. Her track record with lawyers is very poor and most likely this team won't last long.

Posted at 11:38 AM on Sep 16, 2010 by Bubba
------------------------------------------------------------
What Bubba said.

fuddyduddy

This is for all of the people that have been rude to me and bashed me, for all the people who have tried to discredit me, and made their snide remarks. I've been trashed by a number of people who told me I didn't know what I was talking about. Well it seems that I did know what I was talking about!

Well...what do you know? I called this, and I called this on September 15, 2010.

I appreciate some of the people here who have been kind to me, and even forgiving. You know who you are, and so do I.

****************************************************************
@768 Oksana Fires More Lawyers

TMZ live part 2, Max said he has a big oksana griogo OG story that he was told about todfay but is not goig ot make it cause harvey is sick!! ????

geez! what is that story??

he said it was BIG.. but ya know max, always leazy sleazy, dont even realise what kind of infos he is sittign on.. i am sure that harvey will boiled over if he heard that!

Posted at 5:20 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by Sweetheart
________________________________________________________________

Oh boy...a big story about OG.

Anyone want to take a guess what this is about?

Okay...I'm going to toss this out there...

OG is going to file a civil action for damages before the DV is complete. I think she is going for some big bucks.

Posted at 5:55 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by fuddyduddy
________________________________________________________________

@783 Oksana Fires More Lawyers

Well..Eric George had a civil suit ready to go back in May.

The DV is still with the DA, but OG could still file a civil suit for damages.

I think she is going for big bucks. She is going to try and convince a jury that Mel abused her.

Posted at 6:08 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by fuddyduddy
________________________________________________________________

@819 Oksana Fires More Lawyers

angeleyes...you may be right about the extortion, and some of that may factor into a case like this. I just think that if TMZ states they have a BIG story about OG, and she just hired this new attorney, then they may be getting read to file a civil action for damages. Nothing has been handed down on the DV or extortion and who knows when it will. In the mean time, Trope & Trope get things going for a civil suit, probably hoping that there will be a settlement out of court. I'm sure they will try and hurry this along as fast as they can since there could be extortion charges against OG. Notice how OG's attorneys were jumping up and down screaming that Mel was avoiding his deposition. Well--wonder what happened on that? I have not heard of Mel giving his deposition and that would have been with Fried & Levine who are now relieved. I'm thinking Trope is going to focus mostly on a civil suit now. He'll have to get the child custody matter done too, but I think his firm is also going to handle a civil suit.

Posted at 6:43 PM on Sep 15, 2010 by fuddyduddy

________________________________________________________________
@530 Oksana Meets with Top Family Law Attorney

Since Attorney George had a civil suit for DV made out, what might have occured to prevent Miss Oksana following up on that rather than make a criminal case out of it?

Posted at 8:48 AM on Sep 12, 2010 by Curious

IMO OG hasn't filed the civil case because she signed a settlement agreement that disposed of that case.

If an attorney filed the civil case, it would be dismissed based on the settlement agreement and MG's attorney fees for appearing and getting it dismissed would be awarded to him against OG and the lawyer who filed it for her.

No reputable lawyer will file a suit that was settled already -- the personal risk to the lawyer is too great.

Obviously Eric George didn't file it because he considered it was settled.

Is this language understandable? Let me know if it isn't and I'll try to explain in another way.

Posted at 9:02 AM on Sep 12, 2010 by shyone

shirleyholmes

@ Angeleyes

Ship her to Peru - Joran van der Sloot knows how to handle women like you

------------------------------------------------

This is not fair on the girls who got killed. Plus he is not convicted yet (innocent until proven guilty by a judge).

Just sayin.

just curious

If I recall correctly, about ten or so years ago Daniel Horowitz' wife was bludgeoned to death. He lived in Northern California near me. It was a horrible story in the papers. He already was a prominent attorney at the time.

Mriale21

Unbelievable! She is just a money hungry pig. Mel may have his issues but he is a talented actor and has given me many hours of entertainment over the years. This gold digger just used Mel. To bad in the middle of his midlife crisis he didn’t see it. Menopause is much harder on men.
I have heard her sing. Can we the public sue her for emotional distress and abuse when it’s released? Mel did really defame her in those tapes, but she is the only reason anyone but her ever heard it. This is America even Mel has the right to freedom of speech. If he calls her a filthy pig, just because he is right doesn’t mean he can’t say it to her face. If she then records him and leaks it shouldn’t she be suing herself for defamation? I hope she gets laughed out of court. I guess next she will be asking for Mel to be forced to pay her attorney so she can sue him. I hope they get a smart Judge and he throws all this crap out!

Jillian

THIS WOMAN IS DISGRACING HERSELF BY THE DAY. SHE'S PATHETIC.

HEY MEL, HOPE SHE DOSEN'T GET A DIME OUT OF YOU.

sharon

I would love to know what the retainer for both lawyers are since she stated publicly that she had no money to buy her son a b/day gift and 5000.00 is not enough to support the baby? Wonder how the Lakers executives who bought her fake poor story must be feeling now?

Shell

Fuddy - Cyber High Five to you!!

;)

Tellthetruth59

@Gonesi #126 - Thank you. I enjoy your posts too and I'm so glad you decided to rejoin us.

Diane

How was copper wire formed?

2 Jewish attorneys were fighting over the same penny.