Russell Brand In Custody -- Citizen's Arrest

9/18/2010 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Russell Brand has just been arrested for allegedly attacking paparazzi at LAX airport ... TMZ has learned, and it was a citizen's arrest.

Russell Brand arrest video.
As we first reported, Brand and Katy Perry were going through Delta security when he allegedly began pushing and striking paparazzi.

We're told a photog -- one of the alleged victims -- made the citizen's arrest and LAX cops facilitated it.

Cops interviewed Brand, then took him into custody. Cops say he's being booked for battery.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2
Check out this video of another angle of the incident.

UPDATE 5:54 PM PT: Russell has posted $20,000 bail and has left the police station.

Around the same time, Katy defended Russell via Twitter, saying, "If you cross the line & try an put a lens up my dress, my fiancé will do his job & protect me."

The alleged upskirting is not seen in video of the incident.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Joe

lolz

HarryPalms

well done!

who dat

Brand & Perry are two idiots that deserve each other.

Kevin

I thought paparazzi were banned at LAX now.

t-in-sd

Awesome, Russell got the press that he always seeks so. He's a hack and don't find him very funny and is kind of an idiot.

ScroogeMcDuck

Why is this guy a celebrity? He's not funny AT ALL and can't act for either. I hope he's cheating on Katy Perry (as if he's not - LOL) and gives her herpes and syphilis.

Just Sayin

Brand is not funny to me but this is funny to me lol

tony

Put this fool under the jail for a year then deport him.

Fran

What the hell is a citizen's arrest?

Jules

It's just a matter of time before that former LSD, cocaine, crack and heroin addict relapses. He obviously has anger management issues too. Katy picked a real winner here. He'll end up washed up and forgotten about in under 10 years just like Tara Reid.

iamsuperdan

I hope he damaged a few of those paparazzi guys. They ask for a beating as part of their job, so I love it when someone gives them one.

Cheers to a funny guy.

Abe

After his experience in jail, Russell can record the song "I Kissed A Boy and I Liked It"....

HarryPalms

citizen arrested,.... DANG!!!!

KittyKat

That's bull****! Why the hell is the paparazzi allowed in the security area at LAX. When are these people ever left alone? If I had a camera in my face 24/7 I would snap also!

Laur

I find it quite funny that a pap (leech) made a citizen arrest. Can I make one on them when they run me off the road trying to get there "shot" I dont care for RB but the paps need to chill the hell out already. There like scavengers.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments