Lobbyists Use MJ's Death

to Restrict Propofol

9/20/2010 4:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's death is Exhibit A for California lobbyists who are pushing for a law restricting the use of Propofol.

MJ's Death
Michael's Law is being pushed by a group of people ... all of whom have lost loved ones to the misuse of Propofol. They've been going door-to-door in L.A. and Santa Barbrara -- handing out leaflets that describe the drug and how it killed MJ.

Their goal is "to prevent doctors from making careless choices, and stop them from administrating drugs that should not be administered outside of the hospital setting."

The Drug Enforcement Administration just announced it's considering tighter restrictions on Propofol.

Tellit

Well suited name for this proposition...."Michaels Law".
The little freak only lived by "Michaels Laws"....
cowardly little whiner.
Dressed himself as royalty, in military regalia, etc., etc...
the little twirp didn't even serve his country in a truly military aspect. (NOR did ANY member of the Jackson clan..lol)

And don't give me that Michael Jackson "charity" BS....
TAX DEDUCTIONS....BIG TIME.
and photo ops.
and he felt the need for a surrogate mother....ET.

lmao...
he was/is an aspire to be regal.....
nothing.

Just a mega-talented drug abusing mentally f'ed up musician celebrity.
and coward

Michael Jackson faked his own death....
to save his wimpy arse.
imo

Tellit

Um... excuse me???

Propofol is used by docs a million times a day when they need to crawl up the back door and take a look inside your rectum.

YOU ARE ALL A BUNCH OF CRAZED LOONIE-TUNES THATHAVE NO CLUE WHT MAKES THE WORLD GO 'ROUND.

Posted at 5:17 AM on Sep 20, 2010 by Fred Farkel
_________

So true

Rob

They can't really think they can get this passed do they? What about all the docs that use it in there office when they do surgery, there is a lot of plastic surgery that happens outside the hospital setting. You could say that a doc can't use it in a home setting but not "outside the hospital".

KateMae

Looking at that poor guys face, I think there should be some restrictions on cosmetic surgery, as well.

Siggisiss

Posted at 11:37 AM on Sep 20, 2010 by Rob

You are right about that.

____________________________________________________________________

I can see why people have a problem with this being called "Michael´s Law."
It is true, we DON`T know for a fact that Michael actually agreed to take this anaesthetic.
Until we see proof of that, it is inapproprate. We simply don´t know. It is very unusual to take it - extremely unusual, I should say.

Can´t help thinking that it is almost too "convenient" (for Murray and co.) that Propofol was not a restricted drug at the time of his death. Not illegal and not restricted.

NOYB

I do not know if I believe this. They cannot provide names or anything? It is not like what happened to MJ happens all the time. Propofol is safe when used appropriately and it almost always is used where and how it should be. Murray knew what he was doing, the pharmacy knew it was wrong for Murray to be purchasing it, AEG knew MJ's problems were because of Murray and knew there was indeed a problem because they were helping it along. No need to cover asses here--it was just like using a damn gun.

Siggisiss

Me: It is very unusual to take it - extremely unusual, I should say.

I should have said that it is extremely unusual to use Propofol in a home setting. ;-)

sue

MICHAEL IS STILL PERFORMING HIS GREATEST OF ALL !!! HE IS STILL HELPING PEOPLE AND HE IS NOT EVEN HERE!!! MICHAELS LAW well that would be wonderful if they use it to protect others that are subject to propofol!!! he would want to save another!!! GOD REST YOUR SWEET SOUL!!! HOPEFULLY IT IS BEING DONE BY THIS GROUP AND THERE CONCERN FOR THIS NOT TO HAPPEN TO ANOTHER, AND NOT FOR THE FAME AND THE MONEY!!!! rip mj- sue from tampa

sue

it just breaks my heart there was no one there to save michael from the murrays and the kliens of the world!!!! WE HAVE TO BE HIS VOICE EVERYDAY AND FIGHT FOR MJ!!!! sue from tampa

Ute Wuensche

Michael was a miraculous person.He helped those to which did not go well so.Children are our future and earn ours whole attention. I dispire those michael so much grief have done. I makes me very sad to know he is not there any more. I miss him every day. My thoughts are also with his family and Prince Michael,Paris and Blanket.

MiMi

This is a great thing that this group is doing. Hopefully the drug will be reclassified and make it harder for anyone who is not an anestheologist to obtain it.

This proposed law should be mandated nationwide and not just in California, but it's a start.

sue is right, I think Michael would be proud to have his name connected to anything that would potentially save someones life.

Em

Anything that creates awareness of the prescription drug problem and corrupt physicians is a good thing, whether it to be the general public or celebrities. Although people ultimately have to be responsible for themselves, many believe that if a doctor prescribes it, it must be okay.
Michael perhaps relied on prescription drugs too much at times to relieve whatever pain he was in, real or imagined, but look at all the players that were giving easy access to whatever he requested and those that turned a blind eye to his usage. He did, in fact, have real medical conditions that required prescription medicine - and he was definitely being pushed to the edge with the upcoming concerts.
My heart continues to go out to his family, I hope they find justice for their son/father/uncle/brother etc. - and, in that, a modi*** of comfort in chasing the truth.

here-we-go-again

Great..
I thought that Jehova witnesses were the only thing.
Propofol-witnesses, thats something new.
Is this their new badge?

What

The misinformation in these comments is mindblowing. Propofol doesn't stop your heart, MJ didn't even get that much. I use it every single day in the OR, where it is an extremely safe drug. I agree there is no place for outside the hospital, but propofol abuse is very rare. If you want to tighten up on something, try narcotics!!