« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

J-E-T-S Braylon Edwards Out of J-A-I-L ... for Now

9/21/2010 6:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards has been released from custody following his DWI bust in NY -- and TMZ has learned his next hurdle could be probation violation.

0921_braylon_edwards_EXD_Getty_01

Here's the problem for Edwards ... he's on probation until next summer for a 2009 Cleveland bar fight in which he pled no contest to aggravated disorderly conduct. Sources at Cleveland Municipal Court tell TMZ a judge is anxiously awaiting a report from the probation department to decide if Braylon is in violation. We're told jail time is a possibility.

As for today's arrest ... Braylon faces two misdemeanor counts of operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated and one misdemeanor count of operating a motor vehicle while impaired. He was released from the Manhattan Criminal Court this afternoon on his own recognizance.

Edwards is due back in court November 9.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

TheRealJerseyShore

The NFL will suspend him for 4 games and make him go through alcohol counseling. This is standard for this type of offense. The Jets might Fine him but they aren't going to add onto the 4 game suspension.

EZPZ

who cares?

Ansia

What a jag-off.

JML

Rich people, reach back and give a driver a job.
all you all suck at driving

or is the legal limit for drunkeness stupidly low.

xiuyitom

Life is so lonely .I am a rich and single man at present .I need a woman who can love me back .I also uploaded my hot photos on seekwealthy.com under the name of jeff1098..It's the largest and best club for seeking CEOs, pro athletes, doctors, lawyers, investors, entrepreneurs, beauty queens, fitness models, and Hollywood celebrities.Please Check it out!I'm seriouset

Zippy T. Pinhead

I bet when the cops pulled him over, he didn't get out of his car and spike the football and taunt the men in blue.

janet

As of today's arrest. Bray, you sure as hell are not worth the money your paid.

Hey, you can pull a Plaxico...that worked out well. His crap didn't stink either. hanging out in the same bar?

Tinalouise

Good!! He is once ****y mother ****er. He played against my poor pathetic Bills on Sunday and he is just lucky with the way he acted he didn't get his ass beat...

ray

It seems that these so-called athletes are nothing but criminals with a sort-off legitimate job. 90% of these guys would either be dead in some violence or drug related incident or in jail, if it was not for sports. So I guess we support their 'nice' behavior.

Quinn

The only way I see him not using a driver is if the JETS told him don't go out & he was sneaking out. Otherwise he's retarded and I'm pissed. ... ANYONE ELSE on the JETS want to get hurt, lose a season, pull a hammy or get a DWI?!?!? Why don't you guys just come out on the field and take a group dump. Actually, ....I don't care. Just make it to the playoffs.

TD

ROR FOR DRUNK DRIVING ????????

HOLY CRAP

Captain Obvious

TD, he's not exactly a flight risk considering his ties to his job. So yes, ROR is appropriate.

wasted days and wasted nights

Two games into a new season and these guys are playin' party people at five in the morn. I suppose the NFL is just a league of playahs, makes no nevermind what the commish and his suspensions say. These four-game suspensions are gettin' to be a joke. Toss 'em out for a year, get their attention, then maybe they'll get to bed early and get ready for the big game this weekend. Well, maybe it isn't such a big game to the playahs.

Muppet

These guys don't make enough to call a cab? Sickening!

need

He is just a dumb ******

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments