Oksana to Mel: Here's Why I Played the Tape

9/22/2010 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oksana Grigorieva sent Mel Gibson a long email on March 30, 2010 about the tapes she secretly recorded -- and one of her lawyers tells TMZ the email proves Oksana did not try and extort the actor.

0922_mel_oksana_EX_TMZ_03a.

In the email Oksana tells Mel she played one of the secretly-recorded messages from February 18 to her lawyer.

Oksana says, "As far as the tapes go, I only played one to my lawyer, becouse on march 15 Michelle  proposed on ur behalf not a very generous gift for our daughter and there was nothing for me."

Oksana adds, "My lowers also told me that Tom Hansen [one of Mel's lawyers] said I wouldn get a penny ..."

Although that sounds like Oksana is trying to use the tape to squeeze money out of Mel, one of her current lawyers, Daniel Horowitz, tells TMZ Oksana was extremely reluctant to play her lawyer the tape but felt threatened by Mel's legal team.

Horowitz cites this portion of the email, "My lowyers warned me that ur lawyers are cabaple of false fabrication about me in the press, i.e., an unfit mother, a prostitute etc so u can have the baby and I get to go to my 'f...ing moth hole' as u told me.  I had no choice, after all of this I had to play one message to them."

And Oksana continues in her email to Mel, "The messages we r talking about I kept on my phone purely for u, to c how scared we were and for u to understand what this have done to us, how painful these words were, but hopeffuly, eventualy to help us.  That was the only reason."

Daniel Horowitz tells TMZ, "Oksana was legally entitled to play all of the tapes for her lawyers and most clients would have done so.  She was being supremely careful of Mel's privacy because she knew that even lawyers in Hollywood might lose track of the tapes and she didn't want to hurt him."

Horowitz continues, "This is the opposite of extortion.  It's someone in love who wants things to get better."

0708_gibson_fotter_550

WhoKnows

This is just so wrong. I couldn't stand her before but her lawyers' actions to build up her image is making me actually despise her. STFU, you friggin' wench. If not for your sake, for your children's. She makes me want to puke.

go home!

She really needs to take a spelling and grammar class and the fact that she is writing an email like people do when they text is really annoying. ugh!

K

14 - EXACTLY

Curious

Genna -

Here's the link to TMZ Live. The bit is right at the beginning. Hope it works =D

Genna

Mr. Harvey, you sly dog you! LMAO!

Posted at 3:16 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by Curious

------------------------------------------

I'm not sure I follow...

Eagle171

OK, first have to say this...SPELL CHECK comes on all computers and in every email server. Jesus, this woman is illiterate. Second...this only PROVES her attempts to extort. Why is she not in jail?

middleagedcrazy

OKAY, TMZ YOU GOT ME LAUGHING SO HARD, I AM EVEN SPEECHLESS!!

Have not ever heard such drivel, even in the worst 'romances' imaginable.

ROFLMAO !!!

Brian

Could I possibly care less about this story anymore? It was fun at first, now it is beyond tedious. I suppose it does rank about the photo op of Heidi fake shaving Spencer. Man, TMZ has no shame about scraping the bottom of the barrel for their "news", do they?

femonanon

Mel is one sick dude and needs to get alot of help.

Genna

“I made the tapes to show you how scared we were.” LOL! You’ve got to be kidding me.

azlee

wow, I read this and all I could think was. wow, amba was Ox.

Majestik

Is that Immaculate Interception or Immaculate Conception? Who'd a thunk it, Oxymoron is the second coming of the virgin Mary.

(can't believe I'm going to hit the send button on this one)

azlee

richard pierce

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, don't even ask that!!!!

Curious

Genna -

I was referring to how Mr. Harvey is absolutely teasing the begoobies out of us with these slow releases!

Oh, and I did note your point about Miss Oksana e-mailing about concussion the seventh though didn't see the internist until the eigth. She probably figured she'd better get it official.

Still grtting my teeth against x-ray twaddle, lol.

Tellthetruth59

wow, I read this and all I could think was. wow, amba was Ox.

Posted at 3:28 PM on Sep 22, 2010 by azlee