Oksana's Former Lawyer: Back Off!

9/30/2010 7:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The lawyer who scored Oksana Grigorieva a $15 million parting deal with Mel Gibson has fired off a letter to one of Oksana's current lawyers, telling him to stop talking trash about him ... or else.

092910_george_horowitz_doc_ex

Eric George
sent a letter to Dan Horowitz Tuesday -- a copy of which Horowitz gave to TMZ -- in which George mentions Horowitz's "veritable media blitz you recently initiated ..."

George takes issue with Horowitz's statement that Oksana signed the mediation agreement "because she was threatened and told she would go to jail, be deported and lose immediate possession of her children."  George says there was "never any threat or comment of any such nature ever discussed ..."

And George is ticked at Horowitz's comment that the mediation is "morally ambiguous."

George tells Horowitz to "cease and desist" with the false statements.

Here's what's really interesting -- George mentions ... by talking about the mediation, he could be blowing up the attorney-client privilege for Oksana, which could really be interesting if George is allowed to tell the whole story.

For his part, Horowitz sent George a conciliatory email saying, "Nothing negative intended toward you.  Hope to work together and resolve existing differences."

maya

What on earth is the point of showing us that letter? Sure, didn't we all know already that her stupid lies were just that, stupid. We didn't need to see that letter.
I thought Harvey and Horowitz were friends. So does that mean Harvey is doing his friend Horowitz a favour, I mean he wouldn't screw his friend over now, would he? If we hadn't see that letter, would Mel be better or worse off?

Maya 28

fuddyduddy

@Curious

As far as I know, the demand letter was sent that got all of this going with George. George and Mel's attorneys opted for mediation, probably for two reasons--1) confidentiality, and 2) the court would have told them to mediation child custody and visitation anyway. Anytime child custody and visitation is conttested in a petition filed with the court there in CA, then CA Family Code states it goes to mediation first. The idea is the Court wants the parties to come to an agreement, if possible, before the Court steps in. It also frees up the Court to litigate matters that need litigation. Many times parties do come to their own agreements without court involvement. So--the demand letter states, hey Mel--we need some kind of settlement that is legally binding or else. It was stated that if mediation did not produce an agreement satsifactory to OG, then she would file a civil suit.

So, they mediated, came to an agreement, civil suit trashed.

Eric George may develop a case of amnesia about that civil case with all this crap that has transpired courtesy of Horowitz.

Tellthetruth59

Am I the only cynic here? Is it clouding my judgement because I don't believe for ONE SECOND that EG's office didn't inform him about what was going on with DH during that loooooooooooog vacation that prevented him from being interviewed by LE. Like I said - theater. I don't think EG gives a rats azz about Gibson or how long The Demonic Chipmunk gets to carry out her public relations campaign against him. I think they are both BS artists that want to see Mel go down.

Someone set me straight... maybe I need a long European vacation.

Jenny

so what I think that DH is doing and might succeed at is getting everything out in the open. The other lawyer is saying keep your mouth off me and remember the laws that govern this.

right legal people?

Posted at 4:17 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by azlee

No Azlee, any statement made by Oksana lawyer would only have the intention of promoting Oksana positively and anyone else negatively.
The post looks like it's writen by Oksanas lawyer "lawyer who scored Oksana Grigorieva a $15 million" immediately the blame is placed on Oksana old lawyer not Oksana.

Dan Horrowitz is trying to make you think it was Oksanas ex lawyer that was asking Mel Gibson for 15 million dollars to destroy evidence. Read the post again, "Mel Gibson has fired off a letter to one of Oksana's current lawyers, telling him to stop talking trash about him ... " this is a direct qoute from the post. It's like brain washing.

Thats a direct grab from the TMZ post. That's just awful.

No Azlee don't believe a word of this post it's all fiction based, the Oksanas lawyer lied which means he is only going to lie more, that's what liars do.

Tara21

It is amazing the crap that Horowitz has been stating as fact in the interviews with Harvey and elsewhere, and now he is being called on it by a lawyer (Eric George) who has a good reputation.

Horowitz was hired to talk to the tabloids--that was Oksana's intention in her "PR war", but it sounds like she lied to Horowitz about what happened in the mediation. I wonder how much longer Horowitz will stay on a case with a client that lies to him and gets him in trouble with other lawyers?

Curious

I'm having trouble with the last paragraph. Is George saying that OG resisted turning over the recordings, or is this another swipe at Horowitz, for calling the ethics lawyer? Or is he saying that OG resisted filing a civil suit?

Posted at 4:24 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by realist
-------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you, realist! You said it better than I could with my fumbling around.

Why would Attorney Horowitz release what on the surface appears to be a damning letter?

I'm betting it has to do with Miss Oksana "resisting". It could be played to mean she didn't want DV evidence brought out because she was trying to "protect" Mr. Mel and therefore would never release such awful tapes, boo-hoo, etc.

fuddyduddy

Hi everyone. Notice how E. George said he found out DH was talking smack about him by reading RadarOnLine. I wonder if George reads TMZ? He'd get an ear full here. :)

Posted at 4:21 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by just curious
_______________________________________________________________

LOL!

Yes, that was great! ROL, but I bet that they read TMZ, too!

LA me

I had to read the first section of the e-mail twice before it sunk what George meant by waiving client-attorney privilege and mediation confidentiality. "You opened that door, Dan, now I can walk through it." Well, Eric, we'll hold it open for you as long as you want! :-)

Posted at 4:11 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Genna

Genna!

That's exactly how I read it! The more Horowitz discloses to the media...the less George has to worry about atty/client privilege. Horowitz is breaching that privilege and most certainly leaving the door WIDE open for George to discuss legal matters that happened in the mediation. Horowitz not only opened the door....he put a wedge under it to keep it open!! What a media whoring idiot!!!

Michael

Horowitz and Harvey have been friends for close to a decade. They need and feed each other information from time to time. The video love-fest that I saw contained nothing remotely related to asking tough questions or getting at the truth. It looked more like two old frat guys getting together, or what it "really" was, a chance to punch the ratings of the website up by allowing Horowitz another forum to sell his side of the story.

What a waste...

KM

OMG....What a great letter...the "lowers" have now turned against OX and DH and are ready for battle....Eric George just took off the gloves folks and can now respond to what the two a holes have been spewing....DH just gave up attorney client priveldge of above mentioned items so George can speak freely on all of them and HAS....he climas they are all false....LOL...Perfect

Zooma Zoom

Snoooooooortyyyyyyy
snort
so
what are u planning to do know? no more quotes from Horowitz?
ha-ha-ha )))))
Snort the loooooser!!!!

wondering

it sounds like the judge in the custody case has either thrown up his hands and quietly is tossing the whole case out due to gross misconduct by lawyers, seeing how much material has been leaked currently as well as coxwannas appearance on Oprah with no limit on questions that could be asked. it just sounds odd that the judge would lose this much control over the outrageous leaks of sealed material

Tellthetruth59

Someone set me straight... maybe I need a long European vacation.

Posted at 4:28 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by Tellthetruth59
-----------------------------------------
TTT59 - I agree! Since this yahoo is following this story on ROL, I guess he forgot he could check ROL and TMZ anywhere in the world.....that's why its called WORLD WIDE WEB (www).

I'm sure this putz EG has been following ever since he bailed.

I think you need to sue everyone and take the European Vacation.

Posted at 4:32 PM on Sep 30, 2010 by meltheloser
----------------------------------------------------

Or how about just a quick text message from his offfice "We are being **** upon in the media by DH. Phone home!" I'm not buying it.

kali

I think with Horowitz coming on tmz being a laid back kind of guy was purposeful to not come off as a big bad lawyer. I do not think he is stupid either and had specific reasons for releasing what he did. I don't think it was an 'oopsie, silly me' thing at all.

Hopefully I am wrong.

Tellthetruth59

@Freida - Even if EG is free to talk who is to say how forthcoming he will be?