Lindsay Lohan

Rehabbin' at Betty Ford

9/30/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned ... Lindsay Lohan is undergoing treatment at the famous Betty Ford Center, a legendary and respected alcohol and drug rehabilitation clinic in Rancho Mirage, California.

0929_lilo_betty_EX_TMZ-01
Lindsay checked in Monday -- and as we previously reported, the plan is for her to stay put in rehab at least until her probation violation hearing on October 22.

It's gonna run Lindsay a pretty penny too -- according to their website, 30 days of inpatient care at BF runs $26,000.

Betty Ford has treated scores of celebs -- a short list of former patients includes, Keith Urban, Chevy Chase, Elizabeth Taylor, Gary Busey, Johnny Cash, Kelsey Grammer, David Hasselhoff, Mickey Mantle, Liza Minnelli, Ozzy Osbourne, and Anna Nicole Smith.

Katers

Geeze. I sure hope they can rehab HER DOULBE F-CK-ING CHIN!!!!!!!!!! Girl is stupendously UGLY!

R

That's roughly the usual cost of a fairly decent rehab place. So why make it seem like it's way high, TMZ?

Rikwes

@ 97 I sure can, but you were the one dismissing BF clinic out of hand .

Bec215

The one good thing is that Betty Ford is well know to NOT be a 'cushy' rehab center - no Four Seasons-style suites for patients. And they're used to divas - who can out-diva Elizabeth Taylor?!

spen

tom arnold is there too! best buds ever after?

Rikwes

@ 101 are you God? Do you think you have the right to decide who has the right to live and who hasn't ? Do you feel superior to anyone showing any flaws ? No?? Then cut the crap with wishing another human being ( yes: you might vaguely be aware of the existence of the species,you sure don't exhibit any proof of belonging to it yourself though ) to die..

susan

Some of you people really have a peanut for a brain. When Lindsay goes to Court on Oct 22nd, if the Judge jails her it will be for 30 days, NO MORE. It is likely she will serve a fraction of that if anything at all, she is in credit! Lindsay has NOTHING to gain from the court by going into rehab now. I wish her the best of luck.

Rikwes

@104 my point exactly. She has nothing to gain from this ,which leads me to the conclusion she IS in fact acknowledging there's a serious problem. I was wondering- googled BF clinic- how this clinic deals with prescription drugs . It really doesn't say but ideally they'd make sure Lindsay was completely detoxed ( also from the prescription drugs ) and remove all dependencies. I DID see they use drugs during detox-procedure , I'm not a proponent of that .They should use drugs only in a medical emergency not as standard treatment . When I underwent treatment in a clinic we got zilch .Smoking was allowed for ONE hour a day in a seperate room and the only "drug " otherwise allowed was coffee .

WatcherOne

I'll bet she's thrilled to be spending time with Tom Arnold......

Rikwes

@107 , No ,I think you are taking some stimulant . Direct QUOTE :

" #36--Betty Ford a "tough facility"?????? Hahahahahahaha! I like a good laugh this early in the morning.
As an example, and this is so good---MOST rehabs do not have co-ed groups, etc., for obvious reasons--at least not in the beginning. However, this is where good ol' fat Elizabeth T. met her(which number now??) hubby, Larry Fortensky.
I've rec'd clients who had been at Betty Ford, if you are serious & sincere, and have actually gotten sick & tired of being sick & tired, this is not the place for you...
Can't believe it--I wish Lindsay good luck, but she'd be much better off in a hard-core "scrabble" program, Marathon meetings, etc., no smoking unless during smoking HOUR, can't leave prem's, no personal calls for at least 2 weeks, etc., etc.
For sincere people, you know exactly what I'm talking about."

Or have you already forgotten you typed that ??

myrna

This woman plays the rehab game very well,she will be ordered back into rehab when she goes to court,so she goes before being ordered,then she gets out and gets high,this is an addict that is not ready to live a clean and sober life,so it won't work,addicts have to want to go thru the very hard times of getting sober,leave her alone to lose everything and hit rock bottom,then she will be ready.......

Rikwes

@110 Where do you get off, bro?? You don't know me and are completely clueless .

Let's see logic here: first you say SHE has to work at rehab ( pretty much indicating , and that is true , the patient does the quitting herself ) which implies the facility they are at is less important than their mindset. If you'd have stopped there,fine. But no, you then go ahead and start dissing BFC . Who's babbling then ??

And don't pretend to know me ,man. I hate it when folks think it's ok to spout all kinds of crap because of the anonimity of the Internet.

April Gentry

Relapse is often part of recovery... Good luck on this run at it. I am three years clean and it is managed on a daily basis. Some days obviously harder than others, but maybe you will be able to find the right tools to help you this time.....Remember you have to give a little, too.....

Rikwes

by the way: I saw pictures beginning to appear of her at the center.That implies reporters are stalking her even when she is in rehab. BFC should call the cops on those guys ( or if that isn't possible: arrest them for loitering ) .

Jay

Lindsay is not enjoying her stay at rehab, she tweeted this:

I'm so jonesing for some chocolate right now, f*k Betty Ford I need some Betty Crocker up in this b*tch! #WithdrawPainsSuck

4 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®